Rope Drop HS/FP at Animal Kingdom Q’s

sommergirl25

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Looking for tips or suggestions on my planned day. Heading to Disney at end of September. We have 5 days and We are only planning on spending half days at each Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We basically want to see Toy Story and Pandora for the first time. My plan is to Rope Drop Hollywood Studios and heading straight to Toy Story. Staying there and eating lunch at Sci Fi then hopping over to Pandora for FP of Flight of Passage and seeing Nighttime animal kingdom. Is this a crazy idea? Any suggestions you could give would be appreciated!

Edit: Or option 2..... should I FP SDD in the morning and do FOP standby before park close?

Last edited:
Logistically I don't think it's crazy. Just to clarify, you have a FP+ for Flight of Passage, correct? Otherwise I wouldn't plan on riding FoP without a massive wait time. Toy Story Land will be crowded with the rest of the Rope Drop crowd, but it will be your best bet to ride those rides since you won't have FP+ for them.

The only difficult thing will be your energy level. You'll have to get up early to get to HS for rope drop, and then head to AK and stay likely several hours to see the night time stuff. That will be a pretty long and tiring day.

I’m crossing my fingers to get FOP FP when our time comes to book them. We usually do a mid day break so I’m sure that would happen. Just hubby and I this trip so even sitting and getting a drink would help. Also, it will be our first full day so our energy levels shouldn’t be too down yet!

If it's in your budget and they offer it, I might consider doing Early Morning Magic at HS for Toy Story Land.

Now I’m wondering if it would make more sense to use my fastpasses in Hollywood Studios, hop to Animal Kingdom later and experience Pandora at night. Getting into line for FOP before park close.

I always recommend Pandora at night time to anyone who asks, so we often half-day AK from afternoon to close as well. TSL is a MADHOUSE at rope drop at the moment so just be mentally prepared for that.

And yes I like your recent idea. FP SDD if you can. Still rope drop and hit up one of the other two rides while the crowds rush for SDD. Then use your early morning SDD FP (if you can get one).

I did FOP in September 2018 around 6pm with only a 70 minute wait. If your party is small enough there's always a chance you can find a last minute FOP FP if you don't mind refreshing MDE like crazy.

If it's in your budget and they offer it, I might consider doing Early Morning Magic at HS for Toy Story Land.

Yes! That's currently the only way we visit TSL because our kids are just too young to wait 90 minutes for one ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter