Rope Drop HS... want to make sure my plan is do-able

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Good morning!
Leaving for Disney in 2 weeks. Friday morning we are going to HS and plan to Rope Drop. Park opening is at 9 AM, but there is EMM, but we don't want to pay for it.
Our plan is to arrive at HS at 7:30AM. I figure they will start letting people in around 8:30?

We plan to go straight to Slinky Dog Dash, get a Rider Swap pass (we have 4 adults, 3 small children... 1 or 2 of the kids MIGHT ride it). After Slinky Dog, we plan to go straight to Alien Swirling Saucers.

I'm wondering how long the line might be for Slinky Dog and if 7:30 is a good time to show up. Also not sure how fast the line for Saucers will build up.

The kids would like to meet Jessie as well.

We have a FP for later for Toy Story Mania.

Thoughts?

Your plan should be fine. We arrived about 7:50 and were the 4th in line at one turnstyle. They let us in about 8:30, walked to Sunset BLVD and the CM stopped everyone. About 8:45 the CMs walked us to TSL and SDD. Had about a 5 minute wait. Walked over to AS2 and had a 2 minute wait. Then walked to TSM and waited about 5 mnutes. Walked around TSL some, but it was crowded already at 9:15.

We went back over to TSL that night to see it lit up. Its even better at night.

Your plan should be fine. We arrived about 7:50 and were the 4th in line at one turnstyle. They let us in about 8:30, walked to Sunset BLVD and the CM stopped everyone. About 8:45 the CMs walked us to TSL and SDD. Had about a 5 minute wait. Walked over to AS2 and had a 2 minute wait. Then walked to TSM and waited about 5 mnutes. Walked around TSL some, but it was crowded already at 9:15.

We went back over to TSL that night to see it lit up. Its even better at night.

I would love to see it at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter