• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope Drop Navi River ride

cmayton

Earning My Ears
Has anyone rope dropped Navi? Do you typically have to wait a long time? We were thinking about rope dropping Navi and then heading to Expedition Everest before our first fass pass at 9:30. The park opens at 8 the day we are going there, and it is not extra magic hour that day.

I would get there around 7:15 and you should be good. You should be fine going to EE right after too.

We rope dropped Navi last March. We showed up around 9:05 for a 9 am opening and walked right on navi. We then rode EE two times with no wait.

Navi should basically be a walk-on at 8:00, and you should have plenty of time to also do Everest before your 9:30 FP, regardless of which attraction it is.

How many minutes after opening time does Navi tend to build up lines longer than 20 minutes? 15? 30? 45? I assume as people comes off FOP they would want to hop over to Navi?

In our experience last week with a 9AM opening time, we got to AK at 8:30 and had a nice walk to Pandora. The rope drop crowd was already in but there were still groups of people running past us to FOP! We walked on NRJ at approximately 8:55 with a wait time listed of 10 minutes and off in time for our FOP FP+ at 9:15.

How many minutes after opening time does Navi tend to build up lines longer than 20 minutes? 15? 30? 45? I assume as people comes off FOP they would want to hop over to Navi?

I don't know about NRJ, but I rope dropped for FOP and walked right onto the ride. After I got out the wait was 45 minutes so I got back in line and rode it again (the wait was really more like half an hour.) So I rode FOP twice in an hour, no Fast Pass. :-)

I would assume the wait for NRJ is similar, so plan on being at the park around 7:30. You go through security and then have to wait at the gate for the park to open. Hint: Just about every turnstile will be open at rope drop but people tend to cluster in the middle to wait, leaving the area at the far right mostly empty. Head for the turnstiles at the far right side and you might be at the front of the line!

Once the rope drops, walk briskly to the bridge - you will be stopped there until the rides open about 15 minutes after the park opens. Even if you're further back in the crowd you should be OK. Good luck!

I don't know about NRJ, but I rope dropped for FOP and walked right onto the ride. After I got out the wait was 45 minutes so I got back in line and rode it again (the wait was really more like half an hour.) So I rode FOP twice in an hour, no Fast Pass. :-)

I would assume the wait for NRJ is similar, so plan on being at the park around 7:30. You go through security and then have to wait at the gate for the park to open. Hint: Just about every turnstile will be open at rope drop but people tend to cluster in the middle to wait, leaving the area at the far right mostly empty. Head for the turnstiles at the far right side and you might be at the front of the line!

Once the rope drops, walk briskly to the bridge - you will be stopped there until the rides open about 15 minutes after the park opens. Even if you're further back in the crowd you should be OK. Good luck!

Thank you! Just to clarify, you mean arrive at 6:30am with 7am EMH? That's so early for us, but we will have to give it a go! I was wondering if we arrive at like 7am or even 7:15am, are we doomed and Navi will be super long wait, or we would still be able to ride with a reasonable wait.. We have FOP FP so don't need to RD that.

Thank you! Just to clarify, you mean arrive at 6:30am with 7am EMH? That's so early for us, but we will have to give it a go! I was wondering if we arrive at like 7am or even 7:15am, are we doomed and Navi will be super long wait, or we would still be able to ride with a reasonable wait.. We have FOP FP so don't need to RD that.
Navi has been a pretty easy FP to get later in the day also, if that's an option for you. I saw lots of times last week when I was searching for a second FOP FP.

We rope dropped FOP a couple weeks ago, then pretty much walked onto NRJ. I think as long as you're there before opening you should be fine getting on NRJ.

The wait for NRJ is no where near FOP. We roped dropped FOP for an 8am opening. They opened the park a bit early and let us into Pandora at 7:40ish. We were not first in line so had an over 30 min wait. When we got off of FOP the NRJ was walk on. This was during spring break. After one ride on NRJ the posted wait was 30 min so we headed out to other stuff.

If you rope drop NRJ I would bet you could ride it twice without issue.

Park opened at 9 ‘officially’ last week. We walked on Navi 3 times in a row around 8:35-8:40ish. Could have gotten another ride in but we headed out to meet Russell/Dug.

Also, note, if you're going to be in DAK late, NRJ is often a walk-on near closing time. Ignore the posted wait times--the closer to closing, the more exaggerated they are.

DH and I rope dropped Navi on May 2nd. We were on the ride in 15 minutes and we cannot rush to anything anymore. DH is 70 and I am 65 and we felt the wait was short. The line pretty much kept slowly moving and only stopped briefly for early FP holders to get ahead of us. I feel rope drop is a great time to experience Navi. As we were leaving, the stand-by line for F of P was all the back to the entrance of Avatar Land..........just amazing!

We rope dropped NRJ on a day the park opened at 9. We had to park a stroller and still walked onto it twice. Definitely an easy rope drop experience.

Has anyone rope dropped Navi? Do you typically have to wait a long time? We were thinking about rope dropping Navi and then heading to Expedition Everest before our first fass pass at 9:30. The park opens at 8 the day we are going there, and it is not extra magic hour that day.
Navi has super short waits, especially compared to FOP, in the morning. my family always hops on Navi a minute or so before park closes because they normally let you ride it anyway and we much prefer stepping out of Navi to the dark, bioluminescent beauty of Pandora, but it's your choice.

I rope dropped Navi in March. I was near the front of the rope drop crowd for Pandora (think I arrived maybe 30 minutes prior to opening on a 9 AM opening day). They told Navi people to stay to the left side and had a FOP line formed on the right side. The dropped the rope early and I think I was in about the first 10-20 people onto Navi once the rope dropped. I could have probably rode again with a short wait, but I wanted to get to the safari.

I rope dropped Navi in March. I was near the front of the rope drop crowd for Pandora (think I arrived maybe 30 minutes prior to opening on a 9 AM opening day). They told Navi people to stay to the left side and had a FOP line formed on the right side. The dropped the rope early and I think I was in about the first 10-20 people onto Navi once the rope dropped. I could have probably rode again with a short wait, but I wanted to get to the safari.
This is exactly what we plan on doing. Could you be more specific with your timing, if you remember?
Arrived at 8:30: tap into the park, or arrive in the parking lot?
What time did you get to safari? I assume you had to walk through Discovery Island, and not the path directly from Pandora to Africa
How long was the wait for safari? What time did you get done?

We're hoping to make the 10:00 FOTLK after the safari.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter