• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope Drop Na'vi

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
What kind of wait can I expect if we rope drop Na'vi River ride in AK in July?
We would like to use our fast pass for Flight of Passage if we can get it, but would like to ride the Na'vi also.

If it helps, we aren't the fastest people on the planet. And we will have a stroller.

We would like to use our fast pass for Flight of Passage if we can get it, but would like to ride the Na'vi also.

If it helps, we aren't the fastest people on the planet. And we will have a stroller.

It's a pretty easy rope drop. If you get there about half an hour before the park opens (or even up to the time just before the park opens) it will be a 10 min wait or less. The mass of people at RD will be going for FOP so just stay on the left side of the pack and you'll be able break off and go to Navi. You don't need to be walking fast.

Agreed. The rope drop herd is heading to FOP so you can easily mosey over to Na’vi River. I did FOP at Rope drop and I still basically walked on to Na’vi River right after.

We walked right on Navi at rope drop, and by rope drop I mean we weren't in line being held. We just happened to get to the park about 5 minutes before opening and went straight to Navi. No wait whatsoever for us that day.

Navi at RD is almost walk-on. the crowd is headed to FoP.
In October, we did RD for FoP, then walked ovrd to Navi for a 10 minute standby wait.

When we were there, they let us in at 8:30 up to the Oasis. Those heading to Pandora (the majority) lined up at the enterance to Pandora. At 8:45 the CMs walked us into Pandora. I don't believe they let you leave the Oasis to any other land before 9.

Just be aware of the park hours. Check them late the night before or even early that morning. We went for rope drop and they changed the hours that day to open an hour earlier and we had no idea! The wait was over an hour by the time we arrived. We had no clue. Turns out they had a private party in Pandora only (from what I remember) and they closed Pandora an hour earlier that day.

Easy. We did it twice last trip in a row. We were at the park 30 minutes before opening, but they walked us to Pandora right away. We did Na'vi TWICE before the park even opened. No line. Everyone was headed to FOP.

Navi is walk on for at least the first 15-30 mins after drop, everyone in the world is going to Flight of Passage. That line get to say 75 mins and people start looking for other rides.. And fyi rope drop is not i repeat not a set time, if lots and lots of people are going to Animal Kingdom they open the gates early to try to keep the crowds from getting to large in front..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter