• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope drop recommendations please

sheri236

Mouseketeer
We are staying at DLH and will be going to Disneyland on 9/16 and DCA on 9/17. We're definitely rope drop people and need some advice on recent procedures. What time do you suggest we be at the gates, what time do they let guests in and do they hold you inside until the official 8am opening? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Hello!!! We were at the parks last week but stayed at GCH so can't speak to the DLH security lines. I would plan on extra time to get through security from that end of DTD. Security from the GCH was a breeze each and every time.

FWIW we left our rooms around 7:30 am. Husband went to Starbucks to get some caffeine and we went to the park to get a spot to the front of the rope. Every time they were letting guests into the park for rope drop in front of the castle. We always went left of the hub; right to the front of the rope. I love hearing the plaids share stories in the morning. Everyone in a great mood! Keep towards the right if you are headed to Fantasyland as there's a big crowd heading to Galaxy's Edge on that side of the hub too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter