Rope drop slinky dog dash

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
how early should I get to hollywood studios to rope drop slinky dog dash week after thanksgiving for a 9am opening no extra magic hours or EEM? Thanks

how early should I get to hollywood studios to rope drop slinky dog dash week after thanksgiving for a 9am opening no extra magic hours or EEM? Thanks
7:45AM-8:00AM

Thanks! We were planning to be there 8:15 this Wed, but we'll adjust our plans earlier.

We arrived at 7:50 for a 9 am opening. By 8:15, there was a long line. They let us in about 8:30 and walk to Sunset BLVd, then walked us to TSL at 8:40.

I just went Saturday for a 9 am opening, arrived at 8:15. Waited 30 minutes to ride Slinky.
When you say you arrived at 8:15, does that mean you got to bag check at 8:15 or you were already done with bag check by 8:15?

We are planning on rope dropping SDD next Monday since we couldn't get FP's and we are planning on getting there at 8am. I check every single day for FP's and will continue to check but hopefully we get on stand-by without a huge wait at park opening.

All depends on where you want to spend your time waiting. 1:30-1:15 before the park opens assures you of being one of the first couple dozen of being on the attraction (so long as you walk with a purpose, etc). You can arrive 1:00 before park opens and save :30 minutes right there, but you could end up waiting that long to get on the attraction. If you're able to get there at 7:40-7:45, that would be ideal. Like, at the tapstiles, past bag check by 7:45

I’m here now. Got through bag check at around 7:50. I’m about 20 people back waiting to enter park but every line is that far and now at 8:15 it’s insane. Soooo many people behind me. Guess word is getting out to arrive early!

Just to update how it went today- my husband and oldest were waiting after bag check area at the turnstile at 7:45. At 8:26 they were let into the park but held inside. Just before 8:45 they were allowed to walk to toy story land. There were some issues with the ride right before they boarded so the ride had to go a couple times without guests and then once with a technician only. Even with all that they were off by 9:10! We were amazed by how smoothly that went! I certainly understand the idea of choosing when you wait, because obviously we did wait a long time before the park opened, but we were then able to maximize park hours. We got done so much even having 3 little ones and a massive stroller to maneuver!

Touring plans not to long ago went to HS and rope dropped SDD here is the video ( I hope I am at work so can not turn my sound on)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter