Rope Drop - Soarin or Test Track

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Since I am using the top tier fast pass for Frozen - I need to know what makes more sense. Going with people that have never been before, so really don't want to do single rider at Test Track. Only going to be at Epcot 1 day 12/5 - Park level is to be a 5. Should I do Soarin at Rope Drop or Test Track.

Since another screen has been added at Soarin - does it shorten wait times? If you can get there before 10:30 a.m. how are the lines?

Easywdw has recommended to do Test track at rope drop, as it has a smaller capacity then Soaring with the new theater. That would be my recommendation

I'd do Soarin first.

I think people run to these rides in EPCOT at RD in this order:

Frozen
Soarin
TT

It's a toss up IMO, but I would probably do Test Track standby first, then Soarin. If you are staying until close, Soarin lines can get REALLY short right before park closing. Just another option.

Dan

We were just there last week (crowds weren't bad) and would recommend doing TT first if you want to ride as a group. The line for TT builds quickly since there's the vehicle customization aspect (and that's also after waiting outside the 'studio' for a few minutes before even getting to that) which takes about 3-4 min before you even get to the ride itself. The peak wait times we saw for TT was up to 80 min at one pt and this was when we felt crowds weren't even that bad. We got SDFPs for TT and glad we did because the lines were crazy. Although you don't want to do single rider, that is a breeze to ride TT. Literally a walk on each time since you skip most f the waiting associated with designing a car.

I say Soarin' since you can always do single rider for test track. Even though you would prefer not to it may be the safest option.

I would do Test Track. With my experience this summer, Test Track gets to a 45-60 minute wait in the first 20 minutes of park opening. If you are in the first groups of Test Track, you can be off in 20 minutes. My experience with Soarin after that has been a 20 minute or less wait. The addition of the third theater has helped. Keep in mind if one theater on Soarin goes down (like it happened to me while I was sitting in my seat waiting to fly for about 35 minutes), the line will go up to about 95 minutes like I saw when I got off the ride.

Last edited:
I would do Test Track. With my experience this summer, Test Track gets to a 45-60 minute wait in the first 20 minutes of park opening. If you are in the first groups of Test Track, you can be off in 20 minutes. My experience with Soarin after that has been a 20 minute or less wait. The addition of the third theater has helped. if you have any interest in Frozen and don't have a fastpass for it, I would recommend going to Frozen, single rider on Test Track, and then after that, Soarin. Keep in mind if one theater on Soarin goes down (like it happened to me while I was sitting in my seat waiting to fly for about 35 minutes), the line will go up to about 95 minutes like I saw when I got off the ride.

Definitely this. If you don't want to do single rider on TT, you really want to do standby on Test Track before Soarin'. TT standby fills up fast and the line moves slower. Soarin' standby will stay less longer. You could easily RD TT and then go right to Soarin' and be done both by 9:45ish.

rope drop test track, soarin is commonly shorter waits since the third theater was added.

I agree with the above two posters. If you do not want to do TT single rider, start with TT and then go to Soarin'. The Soarin' standby line seems to take longer to build into a significant wait than Test Track. I was at Epcot late last week and since we had our FP+ for another park in the afternoon, we didn't have any FP+ for Epcot. We started with Frozen, then went to Soarin' second. Even having to walk all the way from Norway to The Land pavilion about a half an hour after rope drop, we were still able to get in two rides on Soarin' with a 5 minute or less wait.

I second doing Test Track first. Just my experience but we were able to get on Soarin' pretty easily every time we went to Epcot.

Having been there a couple of weeks ago (low crowds) I would recommend TT first, then Soarin'. The crowds at TT grew faster than Soarin' due to ride capacity.

I would probably do test track but have to say we did soarin and we rode twice back to back we didn't have to wait at all. We could have done it again too. We had FP for test track and my daughter cannot stand frozen so we didn't have to choose.

With the third theater running in Soarin' I would also suggest heading to TT first.

During our quick trip in late August to RD the new Soarin' we noticed the waits growing much more slowly than before.

I def recommend getting on Frozen at rope drop as it's the most popular ride now but definitely Soarin' after. Or if Frozen isn't your thing...def do Soarin' first.

OP said they plan to use tier 1 choice for FEA (good idea). Hence why they have to stand by TT and Soarin.
I realize that now..haha sorry OP.

I didn't have any coffee this morning.

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter