Rope drop strategies Dec 17-21

Varty Yo

Mouseketeer
So we will be hitting up DL and DCA Dec 18-20. 2 days DL 1 DCA. We will have genie+. Whats best rope drop plan for crazy xmas season? LOL.

4 of us going 2 adults 2 littles 9&6.

We never use G+ for first in the morning. The crowds are usually low. But we're thinking about the same time and I wonder how it will be. No APs will be there, but there'll be plenty of people, no doubt. I'm interested in responses here.

With xmas season crowds will be extreme. Saving grace a bit is most schools in the area aren't done till 21st.

I suggest going straight to your must do ride and since you'll have G+ grab whatever your next ride is to be.

What I usually do, regardless of crowds, is go to Adventure land and hit Pirates and Haunted first, go back to Indy and by like 9 you've gone on 3 rides. Maybe more if you can grab a G+ ride.

Ok i just binge watched 3hrs of YouTube vids on genie+ and rope drop etc. The consensus is dont use a LL till after 10am. As most rides will be short enough wait then just start booking at will for LL use 1 then book another right away. A lot of youtubers got 5-8 rides in the 1st 2hrs which is a lot for us and we will be happy to get 12 rides a day more would be even better. Saving the ILL for those must ride rides.

My best recommendation for you is to use the touring strategies from DisneylandDaily.com - she's got different plans for different variables (age of kids, early entry or not, with/without genie+, if you'll use ILL for certain attractions or not.) I've never had a bad touring day when following one of her plans.

While you don’t need to use a LL in the morning, do book one and modify it later in the day. Always book immediately upon entering as it sets the clock for when you can book your next one (2 hrs from the last booking or when you tap in to a ride, whichever is earlier.) so if you wait until 11 you will have missed out on 2 rides you could have saved for the busy time of day.

Speaking of busy time of day - take a break mid day. Let the kids chill out, take a nap/shower/whatever and head back once the mid day crush is over. Catch the second parade as it’s better at dusk/dark.

My suggestion for DL is to book Indy and then carry on with your morning. Indy goes down often so if it does that will convert to a multiple use pass that then expedites any other LL you get. During busy times this can be a game changer. Your 6 year old might not be tall enough for Indy but you can utilize rider swap and your 9 year old gets to ride twice - bonus!

While you don’t need to use a LL in the morning, do book one and modify it later in the day. Always book immediately upon entering as it sets the clock for when you can book your next one (2 hrs from the last booking or when you tap in to a ride, whichever is earlier.) so if you wait until 11 you will have missed out on 2 rides you could have saved for the busy time of day.

Speaking of busy time of day - take a break mid day. Let the kids chill out, take a nap/shower/whatever and head back once the mid day crush is over. Catch the second parade as it’s better at dusk/dark.

My suggestion for DL is to book Indy and then carry on with your morning. Indy goes down often so if it does that will convert to a multiple use pass that then expedites any other LL you get. During busy times this can be a game changer. Your 6 year old might not be tall enough for Indy but you can utilize rider swap and your 9 year old gets to ride twice - bonus!
Yah i was thinking to book something right away.

Everyone is tall enough to hit every ride!!! Whoot whoot.

Ive never looked into modifying your LL

Yah i was thinking to book something right away.

Everyone is tall enough to hit every ride!!! Whoot whoot.

Ive never looked into modifying your LL
Yay for tall enough - that’s a milestone!

Modifying is very simple and intuitive. You simple select your existing LL and you have an option to modify or cancel. *never* cancel, always modify! Cancelling resets the clock. You then can choose a new time for the same ride (refreshing will bring up earlier times if available), or you can choose a new ride but keep your original booking window. Total game changer.

Edit: you can modify right up to the end of your return window, if I’m not airing to bump a ride out later I will set an alarm for 5-10 min before it expires so I don’t forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter