Rope droppers: best place for Uber drop off for each park?

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
Even though we technically don’t ‘rope drop’ anymore. What’s the best course of action for where to get dropped off if you uber?

So far my plan for HS is the Speedway and a Magic Kingdom is Contemporary.

Epcot we might just use the Skyliner since it doesn’t seem like the early morning matters as much.

Animal Kingdom- no clue.

What are you all doing? I’m a DL person so having a hard time visualizing this all. Be a lot easier if I just rode the bus but I’m a rope drop park person by nature and the idea of not getting there early enough would make me crazy...

AK: Basically there is no option for being dropped off and walking for this park. There are no safe walkways between any resort and AK. So this day would be planned to be waiting at the bus stop for the first bus.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest using a satellite view of a map of the WDW area from one of the various online maps. That will help you familiarize yourself with the area. I do this anytime I go somewhere new, even if I am not driving. It was a lot of help for me with the DL area last year so I had visual landmarks to watch for.

Magic Kingdom is Contemporary.

Do you plan on having a mobile order pickup here so they let you in? My understanding it's hit or miss if they let you in without a "reason" to be there.

Honestly, if you're Ubering, I would just have the driver take you to the parks, especially if you're not trying to be the absolute first person through the gate. Even at HS, it's a safe bet that the Uber driver will be able to drop you off before 10am if you call the Uber early enough (time it so the driver can be rolling up to the toll booth by 9:30).

Honestly, if you're Ubering, I would just have the driver take you to the parks, especially if you're not trying to be the absolute first person through the gate. Even at HS, it's a safe bet that the Uber driver will be able to drop you off before 10am if you call the Uber early enough (time it so the driver can be rolling up to the toll booth by 9:30).

This plan wont work if the OP wants to get there prior to opening and wait to get in. It had been shown on here and FB that the Uber drivers are also waiting with the cars waiting to get into the parking lot, which looks like they arent letting people in until 30 minutes prior to opening. By this time, most parks are opened.

This plan wont work if the OP wants to get there prior to opening and wait to get in. It had been shown on here and FB that the Uber drivers are also waiting with the cars waiting to get into the parking lot, which looks like they arent letting people in until 30 minutes prior to opening. By this time, most parks are opened.
I know. I've driven to HS, gotten in the booth line about 9:20, parked and tapped in with 20 min to spare. HS opens the lot at 9am and allows cars to start lining up at 8:45am. I suspect the Uber will be slightly faster as they won't have to wait in the line to park after passing the booth- they can move over to the drop-off zone.

The OP mentioned they weren't technicially rope-dropping, so I assume they're not trying to be the absolute first in the parks. I'm guessing they just want to get in before park open. HS, in my experience, is the one most mobbed by cars before open. MK would be the next most difficult one- that lot opens I believe at 45 min before open, and the Ubers have to drop at the TTC, not at the park directly.

Oh, we definitely want to rope drop and that’s my biggest priority! I was thinking to get dropped off at the speedway for HS.

I’ll plan to mobile order something from contemporary so we don’t have issues. Thanks everyone!

Epcot seems to be more relaxed except for that Frozen ride- could we get away with the Skyliner on that one?

I would love this info as well.
Here's my current plan:
HS Day: Lyft to gas station across from Boardwalk hotel and walk to HS
Epcot: Lyft to Swan/Dolphin and walk to IG entrance
MK: Walk to Poly (from Shades of Green) and take Monorail IF open. IF not, Lyft to Contemporary and walk from there (if they will let Lyft in)
AK: Take our resort bus and just get there late or Lyft directly there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter