Rose and Crown ???

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Thinking of trying to book this for our 2013 trip. How do u get outdoor seating? Is it guarenteed if you request it?

You can't request it when you book, only when you arrive, and even then they may not allow you to request it or wait for it. The answer is that it can never be guaranteed (possibly outside private parties - who might be allowed to rent the patio for large amounts of money)

We went this past december, and had a 7:30 reservation...I asked politely if there was any way we could have a table with a view of the show. The hostess said she would do her best, but we might not get sat until a little later. We ended up getting seated at 8:30, with a great table, so it worked out for us. We didn't mind the wait though.

I guess all you can do is try... :wizard:

When you check in at the podium you can ask for a table on the patio, but there is no guarantee that you will get one. The CMs might let you wait for one or you might have to accept whatever table you are given. If you are seated inside let your server know you want to see IllumiNations and just before the show you can go outside to the viewing area reserved for just R&C diners.

When you check in at the podium you can ask for a table on the patio, but there is no guarantee that you will get one. The CMs might let you wait for one or you might have to accept whatever table you are given. If you are seated inside let your server know you want to see IllumiNations and just before the show you can go outside to the viewing area reserved for just R&C diners.

...And if your luck is like ours there will be six different people with their children on their shoulders so you can't see a thing.:headache:

Unfortunately when I dined there we were not allowed to wait for a table on the patio. I was a little disappointed, but I the food really stands on its own and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I would definitely recommend it, even if you're not able to sit outside.

This is by far my favorite restaurant at epcot. When we have gone and requested the patio we've usually been able to get it. Even once during fireworks! However, it's all contigent upon the hostess and how busy they are.

Good luck! :D

Good luck with your table pixiedust: I did want to say though, I am sure you will have an awesome meal. Love the the Rose and Crown!!!

We almost always ask for a patio table, unless it's raining or too cold, and we get it about 3/4 of the time. But be prepared to wait, if they are real busy they will tell you if there is a table available when your name comes up they will give it to you.
It's not all bad if you don't, they will let you leave your table and go watch the show from the outside patio then you can go back to your table and have desert or your meal. If they know you want to go watch they will try and time your courses.

Bev

I was fortunate enough to be able to book an ADR for R&C on Friday, July 27 at 7:25 PM. We are going to get to the hostess stand around 7 PM and see what happens.

On another forum, I was told they don't take requests for the patio and if you ask to wait, you move to the back of the line without regard to your ADR. Not sure how accurate it is.

It could all depend on the booking level and the hostess.

Either way, 7:25 is a good time to be there for Illuminations.

DW and I just got back from 8 days at WDW. We ate at R&C on Wednesday 7/11 and had a 7:50 reservation. We made no request and were seated on the patio with a great view of the show. It just worked out really great.

As to an earlier comment about private bookings while DW and I were there we noticed that in the area just past R&C patio seating they were setting up a private viewing area. There was a full bar setup, wines opened, heat lamps for food, and a table for ten. We waited and waited to see who would show up. At about 7:50 about eight people show up, each get a drink and watch the 9:00 Illuminations show. As soon as the show ended, the people were gone. So all that drink, food, and preparation for eight drinks and about 25 minutes. I had to believe that it was part of a convention or business meetings that were set up somewhere on property and they just threw in the viewing as part of the deal because I could not imagine someone spending that kind of money for 25 minutes.

I really think it depends on timing and the CM you get. We've been 3 times. The first two times, we have asked to be seated outside. The first, I was told that it would possibly be an hour wait for an outside table. The second time, I was told that I couldn't wait. The third time, the hostess told me she would love to help me and that I might have to wait 45 minutes. We waited 20. It was perfectly timed, so as soon as we finished dinner and got our dessert, Illuminations started. It was one of our favorite Disney memories. Rose & Crown is a favorite of ours!

On another forum, I was told they don't take requests for the patio and if you ask to wait, you move to the back of the line without regard to your ADR. Not sure how accurate it is.

So many people request a patio table that whether they'll let you wait for one depends on how busy the restaurant is, how many people ahead of you are already waiting for one, how likely there will be enough available before they stop seating...

If they let you wait, obviously you'll no longer get the next table for your group's size so in that sense your ADR time is no longer relevant. You'll see people arriving after you getting seated if they didn't ask for a patio table.

We've eaten there alot and always ask to wait for a patio table. We've been accommodated maybe 2/3's the time. If they then offer you an inside table though you must take it. The hostess has told us that several times (either accept the inside table or leave, but we can't wait for an outside table any longer).

We LUV the R&C as well. It's really IS one of our favorite area's of Epcot, and the CM's there, for whatever reason, are consistently some of the nicest and most helpful folks on property.

Perhaps one day if we ever make it past the pub and into the actual restaurant I can review that as well. (Just kidding) Sort of... :tilt:

The food is good, (although not as good as it used to be - "Thanks again", dining plan. :headache: ) But still well worth checking out.

And yes, sadly the outdoor seating for Illuminations is luck of the draw.

Although, I'm reminded of one incredible Christmas Eve day back in '09. We had enjoyed a couple of frosty ones at the pub, (go figure) and on our way back out into the park we struck up a conversation with the woman who was standing at the outside check-in podium.

"Will you be returning later this evening to join us for dinner ?", she asked with a charming British accent that sounded like it was straight out of Disney central casting.

We smiled and told her no, explaining that we had no ADR's.

"Well, let's see what we can do about that", she replied, glancing down at her computer screen.

"We have an 8:15pm reservation open, if you'd like", she said, "And I'm fairly sure we can seat you outside if you'd like for a view of "festivities", even though it might be a wee bit chilly."

We just stood there with our jaws on the ground.

"Yes, we'd very much like that", we heard ourselves say.

And just like that, on one of the busiest days of the year, we ended up seated outside with a great view of Illuminations and a memorable evening that just fell into our laps at the last second.

Now, of course I can't guarantee the same experience for you or anyone else reading this, but I mention it to remind you that that "Disney magic" can rear it's wonderful head when you are least expecting it.

Keep the faith, and good luck ! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter