• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package - Opening October 1

I really wish America would be more accepting of the bidet. I have one in every bathroom of my house and would never go back to TP or wipes alone. I hate it when I have to use a public restroom without a bidet now.

You would think with the number of foreigners that visit Disney that they would think of including them, at least in some of the hotel rooms perhaps....
I am so spoiled by having bidets in our home that I bring a travel bidet along to hotels.

We did as well. I’m wondering if they can convert the existing reservation to a pkg?
I think it would be better off to try for a package if that’s what we want. I’m going to un-assign a person on my current res and try to use their mde to book the package in an attempt to get the package but not lose what I’ve got in case I don’t get the package.

Last edited:
No veggie entree? they might change that with their new commitment to providing veg selections.
I know previously you could sub the fish and chips for the vegetarian version. I would hope they would allow that for this dining package.

So I'm looking up some old reviews on this package and it was run at the same time normal dining was, just with the lower level of the patio being reserved for package holders.

Looking these old reviews of the lower level of the patio one blogger complains of a big hedge right next to the tables on the lower level that I'm finding concerning... Anyone experienced sitting there for viewing EP shows?

I've never eaten R&C and am seriously considering this package to get some nice seats for the show instead of the current dining ADR I have.
Dd and I did it. We really enjoyed it. We both liked our meals, the wine was good and they did a great job checking tables.

View did vary by table you got but you were seated and comfortable vs stalking for a spot.
Feb 9F325678-79F8-4AD1-A99D-8463CB3FDF6E.png0C4BD066-ACBE-4150-94FA-8EA2B846EEAE.png5F42065E-FB6F-455C-800A-D110D41A814D.pngFD1974A5-DA54-43B8-B723-EA4A0DEAA346.png7584D129-5A5C-4C87-AB9B-520918F9A3D2.pngC6FF3CC9-5717-4935-B000-61AE1054CFFF.png 2019

I think it would be better off to try for a package if that’s what we want. I’m going to un-assign a person on my current res and try to use their mde to book the package in an attempt to get the package but not lose what I’ve got in case I don’t get the package.

Based on my experience with dining and dessert parties yesterday, I am guessing you can book the package - and it will give you an option of cancelling your existing reservation like it does for conflicting reservations (if it stays in the dining section to purchase - like the old Candlelight Procession dining did). Otherwise, if it pops out into a new window like it did with the dessert parties, it won't affect your existing reservation - just leaving it in your MDE.

Anxiously awaiting reservations to open....

On the one hand, I really hate that they are monetizing absolutely everything. And on the other hand... I'm kind of thinking about it. Dessert parties feel too extravagant for me, as we don't need that much sugar. But if it can pass as an actual meal... maybe.

I'm starting to have the "we aren't going again, maybe ever, so maybe we'll splurge" mindset, which is starting to feel like what they intend.

I never thought I would see the day that I would feel this way too but unfortunately I'm getting there. I guess for us "old timers" who know what is being taken away from us or what we are being nickeled and dimed for, it hurts. For the younger crowd they probably just don't know what they are loosing. If you never had it you don't miss it...

We always eat one dinner at Rose n Crown with dinner time around 7PM. We most always got outdoor seating and we were able to watch the show, it was a great thing while it lasted. We are going back in Jan 2022 and I will make a reservation for the fireworks package and I will be hoping the unlimited beverage is for alcoholic beverages. Two glasses of wine with my dinner will make it cost effective for me. I guess too many people caught onto one of the best places to watch the firework show. The Genie is out of the bottle so to speak...LOL

So I'm looking up some old reviews on this package and it was run at the same time normal dining was, just with the lower level of the patio being reserved for package holders.

Looking these old reviews of the lower level of the patio one blogger complains of a big hedge right next to the tables on the lower level that I'm finding concerning... Anyone experienced sitting there for viewing EP shows?

I've never eaten R&C and am seriously considering this package to get some nice seats for the show instead of the current dining ADR I have.
Saw it Jan. 2020--but it was cold, so plastic 'sides' rolled down around the patio and the view a bit different but still good. Don't know how the view will be with the big Harmonious set pieces and projections. R & C will be on the 'back side? How is the view from Spice Road Table?

I am 5"1 (those hedges may hinder my view), I don't drink alcohol, and I am vegetarian. I understand this package doesn't check off any of my boxes, however, I was thinking for covid that this will help me with my anxiety about being in a crowd but still able to watch the fireworks. any opinions for me for this pkg? Can I stand up and c better over the hedge or lost cause?

Saw it Jan. 2020--but it was cold, so plastic 'sides' rolled down around the patio and the view a bit different but still good. Don't know how the view will be with the big Harmonious set pieces and projections. R & C will be on the 'back side? How is the view from Spice Road Table?

This is my concern with these packages. Pretty sure the view from R&C is a side view of the big ugly metal frame of the 'stargate' and the only visible projections will be on the 'tacos.' The patio there was great with Illuminations because the globe rotated and Epcot Forever is only fireworks, but unless I missed something and the stargate moves, there'll only be two really good views of everything and that's at port of entry where the old dessert party was held and maybe Italy. This is why I really dislike DIsney's move to projection heavy shows. They make it so everyone wants to be in the same place to watch. On the plus side, it'll probably be easier to get a last minute spot in those 'blind' side views if you don't care about seeing all the projections.

I think Spice Road Table is a little better situated, but the barges are off to the right behind one of the islands, so still not a head on view. For the price though, it might be the better pick if you're interested in the small plates at all.

Personally, I'm holding out hope for the dessert party to return because I think that would get the best view, and if I'm paying an upcharge for a guaranteed less crowded spot with a chair, I want to be right in front of the thing.

Now that Epcots hours got extended to midnight our last night im thinking doing this r&c fireworks package makes perfect sense. We can take a break then after still have 2 hrs of park time

My sister and I are planning on booking the spice road table for our arrival day. Gives us plenty of wiggle room for if our flight goofs up, and it seems to be a better value for our dining style than Rose and Crown. It looks like it covers alcohol, so my sister knows she needs to drink enough sangria to cover for both of our plates (but at least Spice Road has iced mint tea and the other tea assortments that'll be perfect for a colder December night :D ). I'm honestly looking forward to the smaller plates and a spot to hang out, especially if we just eat/drink around the world our first day and not really have a true "dinner".

We usually find a spot for fireworks somewhere in Germany, so this is going to be something new and hopefully a little bit less stressful. We've done the MK dessert parties, so this will be something new for us and interesting to see if it fits our trip style better than doing a dinner ADR somewhere else in Epcot and staking a spot and eating stale pretzels.

The "Check Availability" button now shows and you can do a search, but nothing available yet. Wonder if it is going to be open to reservations at midnight instead of 5:30/6am?

I honestly thought I missed the boat like the Space 220 reservations! I think I'll get up at midnight just in case

I honestly think we broke Disney IT before ADR were even open. I can no longer get to the page, error pops up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter