Rosen Centre

LeahA

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at this hotel within the last few months after using Priceline?

I know from all the posts, that his hotel is very nice. I just wanted to make sure that the Priceline ressies for this hotel were obtaining nice rooms or not.

Thank You!

I also have reservations there and would like to know if you felt that you were treated any differently by going through Priceline.I guess I'm just worried that we will get the worst room in the place,seeing that we did not pay the full price.Any comments would be appreciated.

Leah and yoursis-

If you're referring to the OMNI-Rosen on I-Drive that's close to the Convention Center, I can tell you from experience that you'll be in one CLASSY place! We stayed there last June for 3 nights thanks to winning a free trip through our credit union, and really enjoyed it. :D

Now, if you're looking for some of that "Disney Magic", don't expect any, since it caters to business-types;(There was a Microsoft Convention going on at the same time) but we did see several vacationing families there during our stay, so don't think you'll feel out-of-place!

Yoursis- when you drive up to the hotel, you'll KNOW that you won't be getting a shabby room! ;)

Enjoy your stays! :D :D :D

Leah and yoursis-

If you're referring to the OMNI-Rosen on I-Drive that's close to the Convention Center, I can tell you from experience that you'll be in one CLASSY place! We stayed there last June for 3 nights thanks to winning a free trip through our credit union, and really enjoyed it. :D

Now, if you're looking for some of that "Disney Magic", don't expect any, since it caters to business-types;(There was a Microsoft Convention going on at the same time) but we did see several vacationing families there during our stay, so don't think you'll feel out-of-place!

Yoursis- when you drive up to the hotel, you'll KNOW that you won't be getting a shabby room! ;)

Enjoy your stays! :D :D :D
Oh, yeah- the pool was great!

My family stayed at the Rosen Centre(which is right next door to the "classy place", if I remember correctly)for 3 nights over New Year's. Both hotels are owned by the same company, now, according to the guy at the front desk. The place is HUGE(as in highrise tall)and the rooms are not really fancy. There were 2 beds, a long dresser with a tv, a small desk, and a nightstand. The bathroom was smallish, but the vanity was located outside the shower area. Our stay was free(well...$50 will be refunded sometime before 3/31)from the bank we went through for a van loan in 10/99. We had to use it or lose it. It seemed like a big conventioners hotel(the big sign welcoming all the participants in the Citrus Bowl half-time show gave it away!)but it had a small food-court type area that sold coffee, snacks, etc. that was real convenient. The on-site restaurant served 3 buffetts a day, but we never had the time to try it. It sure smelled good! For me, the drive to WDW was easy,as the hotel is located next to the convention center (across from the toy store). I think you will be happy here, but I don't think it is as nice as everyone implies. Have fun!

There appears to be some confusion over this hotel. There are two neighbouring hotels which both used to be owned by the Rosen family. The hotel you have booked through Priceline is the Rosen Centre(formerly the Omni Rosen). This is the better of the two hotels. The other hotel is the Rosen/Clarion Plaza. :D

Tracy
Disneyland Paris Halloween 1999 & Christmas 2000
Off site Easter 2000 & Easter 2001

The hotel that I booked through Priceline is the Rosen Centre, formerly the Omni Rosen.

What scares me is that both hotels apparently are owned by the same person, they are right next door to each other one has the name Rosen Centre and the other has the name Rosen Plaza.

I know the Rosen Centre is the nicer of the two, I was just wondering if anyone recently has stayed at the Rosen Centre from a reservation booked through Priceline.

I need to call the hotel today and ask them if in anyway they are affiliated with the Rosen Plaza, and also if my room is definitely going to be at the Rosen Centre.

I just don't want to get there and check in at the Rosen Centre and then have them tell me that my room is at their sister property next door.

I know, I'm paranoid, but, I only get to go on 1 vacation a year, and I want to know exactly what I"m going to get.

Thanks for everbody's help so far.

O.K. I called the Rosen Centre hotel and asked if the were affiliated with the Rosen Plaza. The man said yes, that the Rosen Plaza was their sister property. I also told him that I have a reservation confirmed through Priceline at the Rosen Centre, and if for sure my hotel room was going to be at the Rosen Centre, and not the Rosen Plaza. He said that my reservation is booked at the Rosen Centre and that I have a Rosen Centre confirmation number.

You know what else is weird, Birnbaums 2001 guide, list the Rosen Plaza as an offsite hotel choice. Now, if the Rosen Centre was the nicer of the two, why would he list the Rosen Plaza hotel?

Leah
I too have got a Priceline reservation at this hotel and when I posted a previous question concerning this hotel I was told that this is the superior hotel. You can find some reviews about this hotel at http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm78.showMessage?topicID=22.topic
I have also visited both websites www.rosenplaza.com and www.rosencentre.com and put in an availability check and a night's accommodation at the Rosen Plaza is $180 and at the Rosen Centre It is $280. Hope that reassures you.

Tracy
Disneyland Paris Halloween 1999 & Christmas 2000
Off site Easter 2000 & Easter 2001

[This message was edited by TracyK on 02-21-01 at 01:46 PM.]

Thank you to everbody with their reassuring posts about this hotel. I know that everything I've read has been positive. We won't be able to go back to Disney for about 3 years, so, I want this hotel to be nice.

The Rosen Center is a very nice hotel, and yes, it caters to the business crowd. However, they usually run a sometimes advertised, but usually available special called The Orlando Escape. We have used it many times and it is $59 per night/two night minimum with a free full breakfast buffet for two. Call and see if it is available. Right near Sea World and Easy access to I4 to get down to Disney.

I'm staying at the Rosen Centre June 29 and 30th. We would like to visit Sea World, do they have bus service to and from the park?

We've got resv. for Aug 26-30 and I'm excited...WOO HOO!!-- Won a priceline bid of me paying 21.00 a night using the 20 amex bonus along with it...YEAH!! $131.xx with tax and processing fee...

BUT oh my... I've already called about setting a time for my massage!!----too cheap to spend the extra 30 and have them come to my room and give it but I definately jumped on the 50 min Swedish Massage they offer in the spa!

As for the post above this one asking about the shuttle.. yes, I spoke to the Sales dept and they have a contract with a local shuttle service but the cost is like 9 dollars per adult and 7 per child...YIKES!

She said.. well you can take the trolley...75 cents to jump on and it goes up and down the strip...

We'll have our own vehicle there but sometimes parking is a hassle so I asked...Needless to say We're going to be paying for parking! CAN YOU SAY SHAMU'S PREFERRED PARKING (up close and by the door for 4 dollars more)

Glad to see good reviews on this place...
Can't wait to go,
Xhausted :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter