RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood, thanks.
I’d just hate to be the person that says - it’ll be fine, show up at 8 and then have you miss out on the ride. Anybody that suggests otherwise; I’d really want to know the source of their info. I’m just some rando on the internet, but if I was there and able to do so, I would absolutely show up at 6am!

Understood, thanks.
One more thought/question. Were people able to see on MDE that the VQ had opened prior to park open, without being at DHS? I know that MDE does indicate the status of the VQ. Just wasn’t sure if you had to be at DHS to see it prior to the official park open. We’re staying at Boardwalk, so could get to DHS quickly once we saw the VQ open.

One more thought/question. Were people able to see on MDE that the VQ had opened prior to park open, without being at DHS? I know that MDE does indicate the status of the VQ. Just wasn’t sure if you had to be at DHS to see it prior to the official park open. We’re staying at Boardwalk, so could get to DHS quickly once we saw the VQ open.
Now this question I’m on board with! I could see that VQ was open from my house in Pittsburgh at 7am this morning. I couldn’t join because apparently Pittsburgh isn’t “close enough” to the DHS entrance 🤣 🤣

I’d imagine that will continue to be the case tomorrow. Your problem with that theory is if they do only allow you to join a BG after tapping into the park you’d still be WAAAAY back in that line if you wait until 8am to head over to the park. You are in a tough position for sure!

I like probably many of us future visitors appreciate the responses and feedback in this thread.

We will be there next week, hoping the virtual queue is still in place as it seems to be effective.

Just to be clear, when you arrive at HS (we plan to arrive an hour before actual park opens), you can open up the app and join the virtual queue? Is it as simple as claiming an FP?

Thanks to all for the information! Sounds like it went surprisingly well today.

Just to be clear, when you arrive at HS (we plan to arrive an hour before actual park opens), you can open up the app and join the virtual queue? Is it as simple as claiming an FP?
Yes and yes.

Tomorrow morning, open up your MDX app and the Boarding Group notice will be there and you can attempt to join. It won’t allow you to join but you can perform the initial steps.

Now this question I’m on board with! I could see that VQ was open from my house in Pittsburgh at 7am this morning. I couldn’t join because apparently Pittsburgh isn’t “close enough” to the DHS entrance 🤣 🤣

I’d imagine that will continue to be the case tomorrow. Your problem with that theory is if they do only allow you to join a BG after tapping into the park you’d still be WAAAAY back in that line if you wait until 8am to head over to the park. You are in a tough position for sure!
Thanks again. Will post my experience tomorrow. If it was just me, I’d be there at 6 am. But DW is not quite as big a SW fan as me. Will see how it goes, fingers crossed.

I'm sure someone will help you with timing right away, but Boardwalk is closer should you choose to get dropped off at a hotel :)

Thanks - for some reason I hadn’t considered this. Uber to the Boardwalk it is!

You can only have one active boarding group. Once you use it you can get another, a few of us rode several times. And you do need one for rope drop. Nobody rides without one basically, excluding World of Dreams tour.
So what defines an active boarding pass? Basically at what point could you get another boarding pass- after you’ve gotten in to the land or after you’ve left?

So what defines an active boarding pass? Basically at what point could you get another boarding pass- after you’ve gotten in to the land or after you’ve left?
I think the answer to your question is - Once you've gotten in line for RotR using your current Boarding Group.

I

would again say 5am to 6am
Ok. Plan now is to drive to DHS from SSR tomorrow and be there at 5:30am. Anyone else going tomorrow (Friday) early?
I’d just hate to be the person that says - it’ll be fine, show up at 8 and then have you miss out on the ride. Anybody that suggests otherwise; I’d really want to know the source of their info. I’m just some rando on the internet, but if I was there and able to do so, I would absolutely show up at 6am!
We will be there at 6 today. Alarm is set for 5, but I am already awake. I would wake my husband and go, but we have a long day today! Thanks for all the insight from those who attended today and those who are more in the know. I’ll report back with our experience (probably at a few points since I expect to spend quite a bit of time waiting).

Im here. Waiting in bag check line with roughly 50 or so people. Not bad at all so far... it is a bit cold tho
Have a great time! My OH is still snoring away, don’t think we’re going to make it today.

Have they told you what time they’re going to be letting people in this morning?

Also, CM said about 2 to 5 mins after you tap into the park to be able to join the virtual queue.

We will be there at 6 today. Alarm is set for 5, but I am already awake. I would wake my husband and go, but we have a long day today! Thanks for all the insight from those who attended today and those who are more in the know. I’ll report back with our experience (probably at a few points since I expect to spend quite a bit of time waiting).

Have a great time!! I’ll be there with you in spirit!! Everyone here is still sleeping, so I’ll just live the moment through you guys! I hope the ride holds up and you get to experience it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter