• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any guesses to what time they will open the park for EMH to on-site guests this Sunday? The posted time is 8 am (which has been the regular time this week), so do you think it will continue the pattern of opening around 6:30?

I think we are going to attempt Sunday, with the plan being letting the rest of the family go on rides while I continuously refresh the app.
As soon as the mob of waiting guests fill the space from the tape styles to security
Try to open vq at least 5 minutes before opening

So all it will allow me to do getting there that early is ride things while waiting for my BG? So I still have to get there around 630?

well, this past Sunday it got you in early to ride other things and then the app opened for joining a boarding group at 7:20am. There seems to be conflicting info as to when non-resort guests were let in (I've seen some people say there were let in prior to 7:20 and other reports saying not until shortly after)

But this coming Sunday it might work completely differently, hopefully word will get out ahead of time how it will work

Then starting in January they are moving EMHs to the evening so all mornings will function the same

It’s taken me 2 days to catch up with this thread! But now that I’m caught up, I want to thank everyone keeping such wonderful notes on exact timing. My February trip is specifically for GE, so knowing if I have to shove the group out the door around 5:30/6 vs 6:30 and how much of a difference 30 minutes will make is so valuable. We already have droid/saber/Oga planned based on what I thought would be a rope drop ROTR, but this may end up working in our favor if I can get everyone moving in the morning... will have to wait and see.

Interested to see how things continue to go through the end of the year and how long boarding groups remain in effect.

Back home, here's s rundown of our morning:
left home 5am
parked at DHS 5:17am-saw plenty of Uber/lyft/taxis dropping off people
Bag check opened: 5:23am
Tapstiles opened at 6:31am
Joined BG: 6:33am and got BG 12
Rope dropped Starbucks :) third in line very quick. Line really long when we left it
Had breakfast and coffee
Called to board 6:52am
Tapped into the ride 6:54am
Exit the ride 7:22am
There was a 5 to 10 min hold before the cell room

We basically just walked casually around BSO after that, went over to TSMM and walked on at 7:50am. Left via Skyliner to grab breakfast at AoA, came back to the parking lot to get out cars and back home at 10am

I cannot tell you how great the system is, casually walking into the park without the need to rope drop was great. I understand not everyone knows about this system (saw plenty of people complaining when we were leaving) but because of the rides issues this is the best possible scenario. Again imagine waiting for hours in a queue only to be told that you can't ride and having missed all those hours while you were able to ride other things.
We are rope dropping Hagrid's on Friday and I know the situation will be quiet different , we will have to fast walk over if we want to get off that ride in an hour.

Stephanie loved the entire experience, she was only able to do the "ride" portion before but seeing the entire thing was amazing for her, she reacted in all the right moments :)
If you must ride this it is quiet simple, be in the park very early and that's it. Lyft/uber/taxi. We did not rely on Disney WiFi just used our data to connect. Stephanie's phone (apple) got into the BG quicker than my Android, if that makes any difference, I don't know but that was my experience

Read a report in another thread that someone had a breakfast res in Seuss land and was allowed into Hogsmeade to queue up for Hagrids just before rope drop for the main gate.

I know its been asked and answered, but this is a big thread. How long after your boarding group is called, and you arrive, do you wait to actually board the ride or start the experience (i.e. not standing in line).

It depends on how many people show up at the same time and if it breaks down. When I rode, it was about 30mn to the first preshow. I didn’t mind though as I wanted to look around. If you’re a huge SW fan the first time through goes by quickly as it’s all new and there’s a ton of details to take in- especially if you read the Black Spire Outpost book.

On EMH non resort guests should not be allowed in until after EMH. We are spending money to stay on site and should have at least a day to enjoy not being there at 6 am. Give EMH at least a half an hour advantage 1 day of the week to get there and check in. I hope someone going this Sunday can give us an idea of how it worked.

On EMH non resort guests should not be allowed in until after EMH. We are spending money to stay on site and should have at least a day to enjoy not being there at 6 am. Give EMH at least a half an hour advantage 1 day of the week to get there and check in. I hope someone going this Sunday can give us an idea of how it worked.

Even if they’re let in the park due to crowd control, they’re not allowed past the end of the street til EMH is over.

Can someone clarify the ride share dropoff situation with going through the parking gates? How early will they allow you to be dropped off at the designated ride share areas? I considered being dropped off at Boardwalk but have heard stories of different on site resort security not allowing non guests in. Thanks.

Can someone clarify the ride share dropoff situation with going through the parking gates? How early will they allow you to be dropped off at the designated ride share areas? I considered being dropped off at Boardwalk but have heard stories of different on site resort security not allowing non guests in. Thanks.

That was mostly relevant for opening day when people were planning to come at like 3am before the parking lots opend ... but now that the parking lots are open by 5/5:30 it is fine to just get driven right to the park vs to the boardwalk area

No.

It’s in the News thread already.

What is the news thread?

I was just suggesting it be it's own thread on the main Theme Parks Attractions page because this is a big change and people may not look in the many page discussion threads. And January is soon!!!

***edit- post added to main page! :)

Last edited:
But that doesn’t stop them from joining a boarding group, correct?

now (though, there was some debate whether they were let in right before or right after the BGs opened) ... but I think that is the main issue cited by people is that there was little to no benefit SPECIFICALLY FOR ROTR to resort guests when there was morning EMHs this past Sunday ....

the flip side is that all BGs were full before the 8am park opened so if they waited to let off site guests in then there would have been zero chance to get to ride for off site guests despite spending the same $ on a park ticket as resort guests (and we had some debate whether that is fair or not)

In any event, what happened this past Sunday was not ideal and expectation/hope is they will change how they do things this Sunday - including now the rumor it may switch to evening EMHs starting now vs just in January

Saw that wdwmagic is reporting the Sunday AM EMHs on 12/15 and 12/22 are changing to PM EMHs too, although this is NOT reflected on the app or website hours at the moment. FWIW.

It actually is reflected not the site if you go to month view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter