• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed on the WDW website calendar that HS will be open now at 7:00 AM starting tomorrow (Thursday, 12/12 thru 12/21). Do you think they'll open the park at 5:30 AM?

I think when they open is based on a combination of when the ride is ready and when the line reaches security (so enough people at the tapstyles that the line stretches back to security) vs just openign it 1.5 hours before scheduled opening

Maybe they are trying to get it so that they open the park at or much closer to posted opening

I'm driving down tmr after work and should be in Orlando around 6pm.. should I go over to the studios and try to get a BG and just ride other rides or sleep and get up early Friday and be there by 530/6am?

the BGs are all gone by like 8:30am at the latest so I wouldn't expect to get a BG ... I would focus more on getting up early on Friday to be there by 6am at the latest

Looks like the EMH for Sunday’s are now 10-12. There goes my plans. Still no advantage for staying at resort.

no, not for RotR (obviously benefit to access to other attractions)

Another reason I think they shoudl refer to it being in soft/technical opening to set proper expectations

I missed the point about wifi. Better to use Disney or not?

Also, does it matter how big your party is when joining a boarding group? We are a group of 8 and lots of times when booking FP, I have to split us up to get them. Any point in trying that here, or should I just sign all 8 of us up at once (we will all be there)?

Laurie

I missed the point about wifi. Better to use Disney or not?

Also, does it matter how big your party is when joining a boarding group? We are a group of 8 and lots of times when booking FP, I have to split us up to get them. Any point in trying that here, or should I just sign all 8 of us up at once (we will all be there)?

Laurie
you should be good with a group of 8 for a BG, but im not the expert on this for Rise lol

We walked over from YC & got to the studios right at 6. Had. no bags so went right thru security. We were just before the ticket booths in line. Very unfortunately, our line had only 1 tap point working so our line was HORRIBLY slow. We got BG 32. We had a Savi’s reservation at 10:30 ‘ checked in right after dropping the saber off at the depot for transport to the front of the park. Got in line at 11:17. Moved slowly for about 30 minutes. Ride has been down for about 50minutes now. Not sure what the room we are waiting in is. But Chewy just made an appearance & walked thru greeting & taking pictures. Got everyone back on their feet & improved the mood a bit. But still not moving.

Apples and Oranges. Disney said vq distribution wouldn't start until 8
No reason to get to.DHS before 6 last Sunday
Heading their on the 16th. If the park opens at 7, what time should I get there to get into a BG?
Also - At what point can you get into a BG? Do you have to be scanned into the park, or can you be in bag check line? If so, does you entire party have to be scanned in to get all of them into the BG?

Heading their on the 16th. If the park opens at 7, what time should I get there to get into a BG?
Also - At what point can you get into a BG? Do you have to be scanned into the park, or can you be in bag check line? If so, does you entire party have to be scanned in to get all of them into the BG?
Everyone has to tap and be inside
Finger scans are checked

As early as you can. I would be there by 5am. Just to add to the PP, once you tap and enter the park it takes a minute or two for the system to recognize you are inside so don't panic if it doesn't recognize you right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter