• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
have been a bit off the loop, but have people discussed here how RotR is not supposed to be part of EMH? Just a reminderof that little fact. Disney has not come out to say that it will be

Yes. It has been discussed and believe they might cycle through any BGs they did not get to during regular hours.

Yeah, so all of Jan is now an 8am opening and PM EMHs on Sundays that month.

Much better move to have PM EMHs given this boarding group stuff, IMO.

Dec and Feb+ still as is at the moment. Frankly I wish they’d move the December EMHs to PM too.
I agree. They really had to do it.

Uggg. So 7:00 AM openings in Dec. 8:00 AM in January. We are getting off a cruise ship Saturday morning Feb 8 and we were planning to go to HS that day and check out Galaxies edge. I'm starting to think there is NO possible way we'll get to try this ride. My guess is we won't be able to get to the park until between 9 - 10 AM. Hoping they go back to 9:00 AM opening in February but even so. Hoping things start to slow down by then.

For those trying to gauge early morning arrivers yesterday vs. today we have two good time-based DPs to compare:

YESTERDAY 6:46 am = BG 35
TODAY 6:46 am = BG 42

We still probably can't pinpoint exactly if BG sizes are the same each day, but assuming they are consistent then there was an uptick in people arriving before 6:45 this morning.

I think with the increased number of breakdowns yesterday, it's very likely they made the BG smaller to take into account the number of anytime FP floating around from yesterday. My guess is it's a combination of that and increased early risers.

Why can’t they include in EMH? Or at least let us book boarding group with priority? They are really making it difficult on people staying on property and paying thousands of dollars on vacation. Please explain to me how a late EMH helps me?

it doesn't help you for RotR - but will enable you to have more access to the other attractions in DHS

Yes. It has been discussed and believe they might cycle through any BGs they did not get to during regular hours.

That's my guess as well. Whether it's "officially" part of EMH is probably irrelevant since there's no standby or FP line for them to close at park closing time. I cannot imagine they'll actually shut down the ride at the start of EMH if there are BGs yet to ride. What will be interesting is what they'll do if they can somehow manage to get this ride under control and actually make it's way through all BGs during the normal day.

So if park opening is officially at 7am, does that mean that we should get there at 5, with a letting in at 530? Hour and a half before actual opening as has been happening with 8am/630 let in?

Yikes 7 am every day now. I am glad I have a weeks worth of data to evaluate before deciding how much sleep to lose next Thursday and Friday to have the best shot at getting on this ride. My husband is going to be complaining more. He was already complaining about getting to HS by 6 am. Hope the Starbucks in HS takes GC. He is going to need a lot of coffee.

So if park opening is officially at 7am, does that mean that we should get there at 5, with a letting in at 530? Hour and a half before actual opening as has been happening with 8am/630 let in?

always dicey when it is the first day of the new schedule.

My guess is that with the earlier opening they want to be closer to actual opening when they actually open plus part of the opening is just based on when RotR is ready which I don't know if that is now earlier.

So I would think more likely opening not the full 1.5 hours before opening, so maybe closer to 6am? I think getting there like 5:30/5:45 would be ok

always dicey when it is the first day of the new schedule.

My guess is that with the earlier opening they want to be closer to actual opening when they actually open plus part of the opening is just based on when RotR is ready which I don't know if that is now earlier.

So I would think more likely opening not the full 1.5 hours before opening, so maybe closer to 6am? I think getting there like 5:30/5:45 would be ok

You would think! Its all mostly a crap shoot at this point. There is only 1 rule: get there early.

One thing clear from today, in my opinion.... AM Extra Magic Hours and the Virtual Queue are two concepts that do not go well together. Or at the very least it's a scheduling nuance that needs more thought / communication from Disney with just how things will happen (and then they should stick to it).

I've said before that I really hope that SWGE ultimately ushers in the return of regularly-scheduled PM EMHs to DHS. While easy for me to say sitting here as an armchair park ops expert, it seems like switching currently scheduled AM EMHs to PM EMHs would be a good solution on an interim basis until things settle down - if the intent is to continue to use the VQ on a daily basis.

Just too many issues with AM EMHs... the volume of people already in the park... off site folks kind of in the park but not fully... more problems than solutions, unfortunately. Scrap the whole thing and make them PM EMHs, problem solved.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to quote myself from Sunday. One of my ‘expert’ park ops musings actually came true! :rotfl:

But in seriousness, kudos to Disney for the PM EMH change. A much better solution given the way this thing is evolving, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter