RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how I originally had all my FP+ reservations before we found out how the BG was going to work. I assumed I would be waiting in a standby line to get in RotR.

I threw that plan out the window this week and moved all my FP+ back to early morning. The plan now is to RD and get an early BG. If it ends up conflicting with a FP+, RotR will take priority and I will try to shift the FP+ to later.

Only time will tell if this will be the wrong approach. :rolleyes1

If you get an early BG standby can be just as fast. Monday all of TSL was 20-30 min or less at 7:30.

I couldn't get SDD FP+ on my 60+1 day in late January but I just snagged an 830 one! Woo hoo. I figure RotR will be unpredictable, so might as well get the FP+ I wanted.

Damn. Was planning to go tomorrow morning and be there by 6am. Now I’m not sure.... would pushing till next week be smarter?

Maybe people are thinking the crowds will die down after the new wears off but that will take years for this ride. If you can make it work you should if you want.

Only advantage is not having to drive when your still almost asleep. Also not driving back after s long day. YMMV
I like the thought of going to car for a wuick nap! Only 1 night at hotel so we’ll check out super early!!!!

That is how I originally had all my FP+ reservations before we found out how the BG was going to work. I assumed I would be waiting in a standby line to get in RotR.

I threw that plan out the window this week and moved all my FP+ back to early morning. The plan now is to RD and get an early BG. If it ends up conflicting with a FP+, RotR will take priority and I will try to shift the FP+ to later.

Only time will tell if this will be the wrong approach. :rolleyes1

good thing is there is a 2 hour return window so likely could fit in both your FP and RotR ... maybe just try not to have all your FP+ back-to-back-to-back

In case anyone is hoping for earlier Slinky FPs and are not also following the park hours thread, they just got loaded in for a lot of dates in December with the earlier park hours. Current hopeful plan: Arrive at DHS no later than 6am, park and BGs open at 6:30, ride all of TSL and MFSR by 8:45, ride ROTR with BG and rider swap and be done by 10:45 or so, hopefully no later than 11:30 to make it to our Droid reservation. It's going to be a whirlwind of a morning!

Thanks! I moved up our SDD FP+

Gah this 7am opening :( I don't need to be first - actually an early afternoon BG would be ideal. I had planned on getting to HS by 645 to miss the initial opening crush and allow for a few mins extra sleep for the kids. Next couple of days will be interesting to see how this works out. Did I miss in the posts - if BGs would start going out at 7am and not before? Or is that the gamble for tomorrow?

Thanks! I moved up our SDD FP+

Gah this 7am opening :( I don't need to be first - actually an early afternoon BG would be ideal. I had planned on getting to HS by 645 to miss the initial opening crush and allow for a few mins extra sleep for the kids. Next couple of days will be interesting to see how this works out. Did I miss in the posts - if BGs would start going out at 7am and not before? Or is that the gamble for tomorrow?

Based on how it's been working, it will probably be before 7am.

Preparing for the anxiety...When you get there before park opens is everyone just standing in a long line in some sense of order or is it just a mob?

We got BG 46 after tapping in at 0630. We did all the rides including SDD (well worth at 40 min wait) before 0930 and then the wait....but boy was it worth it! Got on just before 4 and it went like a dream. I thought I knew all the spoilers but I really didn't. Absolutely awsome experience and so worth the early start. Thank you to everyone for their help, advice and support it really helped so much.

I don’t want this to come across in a bad way so if it does please just take it at face value - it’s how it comes across in written form.

This is the most immersive attraction ever, Star Wars fan or not, it’s amazing. For all the people saying my morning family won’t accept it, it’s simple, they either need to accept that it’s the only way to ride or be OK to leave it. I personally don’t understand how you could leave it - this attraction is that good. It’s a case of either get up early one morning and accept it or miss out.

Again, I really don’t mean this to come across as rude but it’s that simple. I know Disney keep changing the playing field on us and it’s difficult for everyone until Sunday for the next EMH date but just get there at 5/6am and be prepared to wait a little bit but know you will be riding the newest, most technological attraction there is.
One of the least rudest things I've read.

Preparing for the anxiety...When you get there before park opens is everyone just standing in a long line in some sense of order or is it just a mob?
Very organized. Everyone stands before bag check (if it's not already open) then you move to the line in front of the tapstiles, cm walk the lines making sure you are making a straight, single file, line.
When the park opens you move in and then can stop or walk while joining a bg
No need to run to the ride since your joining a virtual queue

We got BG 46 after tapping in at 0630. We did all the rides including SDD (well worth at 40 min wait) before 0930 and then the wait....but boy was it worth it! Got on just before 4 and it went like a dream. I thought I knew all the spoilers but I really didn't. Absolutely awsome experience and so worth the early start. Thank you to everyone for their help, advice and support it really helped so much.
Thx for posting -- The attractions you completed before 0930, did you have FPs for them or did you just do them standby?

Last edited:
Very organized. Everyone stands before bag check (if it's not already open) then you move to the line in front of the tapstiles, cm walk the lines making sure you are making a straight, single file, line.
When the park opens you move in and then can stop or walk while joining a bg
No need to run to the ride since your joining a virtual queue
Thank you that helps ... I avoid Black Friday openings because of the trample factor bit I’m having serious FOMO so I am willing to do this!

I think they will stay with the 6-6:30 openings time ... this way it will help with complaints from people getting there at “opening” and all the BG’s are gone.

I agree with this statement and will help those at Disney Resorts with Disney transpiration as they usually start running an hour or more before stated opening times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter