• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Day In Life (HS Style):

4:55 Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...
5:10 Brushed my teeth
5:23 Left Bay Lake Tower
5:35 Parked at HS Mickey 303 (Resisted the urge to yell “Run Forest Run!”)
5:42 Quick stop at bag check, in line far right side 10’ in front of ticket window
6:25 Couple of Pee Wee Herman eye rolls
6:40 Tapstiles opened
6:46 In the park, approached VIP Tourguide with IPad 50 yards ahead, BG 19
6:53 Entered SSD cue, 5 minute wait
7:05 SDD a second time (why not... )15 minute wait
7:20 Boarding group opened
7:30 Visited the Comfort Station
7:43 Entered ROTR
7:53 Line stopped moving
8:35 Line started moving (”and there was much rejoicing“)
8:50 Pre Show
9:13 Exited - Well Done Imagineers and CM’s !!
9:20 Entered SR cue
9:50 Exited
10:05 Left the park
10:30 Back at BLT

Thanks to the previous posters for the great information

I love your use of Beatles lyrics:love:

6am opening for DH during new year's week? so what time are we now gonna have to be at the park to get a RotR BG? 😥

I know what u mean! I will be watching closely. DH is rebelling a little about getting up early enough to be at the gates for 5am. I will be watching the boards closely that week.

My current hope is to arrive at 6am (opening 1 ack!) and hope to get a late morning/early afternoon boarding pass. Do DHS for 4-6 hrs then head back around noon to nap and chill (dunno if my teens can nap, but yet another hope!) Then MK from 7pm to 2am. If we get a late boarding group instead, then we will go back to DHS whenever we need to and just go to MK later.

I didnt know they gave out fp's if it thunders or lightning's for rides that have to close.:confused3

If you have a valid fp you haven’t redeemed and the ride goes down for any reason, it automatically turns into an anytime fp for multiple attractions.

Today: Got to parking toll just before 7. Didn’t take long to get parked or to get through security. Lines to get in were at the toll booths. Tapped in at 7:15 and got boarding group 81. Slinky Dog was already 60mn. TSM went from 10 to 20 while we took a look at SD. Actual wait time was about 25. Went to Woody’s and used mobile order, just for a pastry. Took nearly ten minutes to get it and I was served sooner than many others who must have had hot food. Tip: avoid Woody’s shortly after park open. Mom got dinner there with mobile order during peak time and it only took a few minutes. We left HS and enjoyed a slow MK.

Got in line at 5:25. The line was outside halfway to the entrance. We reached the first preshow at 5:57. Were on the ride at 621.

Tomorrow is our FP+ day and February hours for DHS are still 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. and EMH is still listed in the morning. I wonder when/if both the park hours and EMH will change???

Wasn’t there a chart somewhere showing the number of boarding groups passed out and the highest # reached?

A Day In Life (HS Style):

4:55 Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...
5:10 Brushed my teeth
5:23 Left Bay Lake Tower
5:35 Parked at HS Mickey 303 (Resisted the urge to yell “Run Forest Run!”)
5:42 Quick stop at bag check, in line far right side 10’ in front of ticket window
6:25 Couple of Pee Wee Herman eye rolls
6:40 Tapstiles opened
6:46 In the park, approached VIP Tourguide with IPad 50 yards ahead, BG 19
6:53 Entered SSD cue, 5 minute wait
7:05 SDD a second time (why not... )15 minute wait
7:20 Boarding group opened
7:30 Visited the Comfort Station
7:43 Entered ROTR
7:53 Line stopped moving
8:35 Line started moving (”and there was much rejoicing“)
8:50 Pre Show
9:13 Exited - Well Done Imagineers and CM’s !!
9:20 Entered SR cue
9:50 Exited
10:05 Left the park
10:30 Back at BLT

Thanks to the previous posters for the great information

I love your use of Beatles lyrics:love:

i missed that it was Beatles lyrics lol! But happened to find it amusing and had leaned over to show my DD18 and she was so tickled by the rhyming she snapped a photo of my screen! Now I am going to have to show her the lyrics :)

Tomorrow is our FP+ day and February hours for DHS are still 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. and EMH is still listed in the morning. I wonder when/if both the park hours and EMH will change???
From what little I have read it sounds possible that virtual queuing will be over by this time. If that's true, I suppose it is not entirely impossible that FP+ could be enabled by then for RotR (although I wouldn't bet on it). Like rteetz says we may not know for certain for another month or more regarding hours and VQ so you'll have to go with your gut.

If it were me, for now I'd plan my day arriving at DHS by 6:45am and keep watching for developments. I've been leaving the mornings open and starting FPs around 11 or 12 to allow a window for MFSR and other early standby rides (rope drop style) prior to needing FPs.

Last edited:
Wow, that's saying a lot. I've been to all the Disney parks worldwide, too. Love Mystic. Have you done Pirates Shanghai? That's an amazing ride, too. You're making me even more excited to ride ROTR in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I have not been out to Shanghai yet. Some day but not yet, so I can’t compare it to RotR. I would be interested to hear your thoughts in a few weeks once you have ridden both. If you think Shanghai Pirates is better I am going to be booking my flight to China the following day lol.

Unfortunately, I have not been out to Shanghai yet. Some day but not yet, so I can’t compare it to RotR. I would be interested to hear your thoughts in a few weeks once you have ridden both. If you think Shanghai Pirates is better I am going to be booking my flight to China the following day lol.
Ha! I will definitely post back with thoughts after we ride (crossing fingers). Shanghai pirates is amazing--very different from the US rides. It's a great ride, but ROTR sounds like more of an experience. I can't wait!

From what little I have read it sounds possible that virtual queuing will be over by this time. If that's true, I suppose it is not entirely impossible that FP+ could be enabled by then for RotR (although I wouldn't bet on it). Like rteetz says we may not know for certain for another month or more regarding hours and VQ so you'll have to go with your gut.

If it were me, for now I'd plan my day arriving at DHS by 6:45am and keep watching for developments. I've been leaving the mornings open and starting FPs around 11 or 12 to allow a window for MFSR and other early standby rides (rope drop style) prior to needing FPs.

Even if they stop with the BGs by then I don't think they would add FP+ - it would just be standby only like the Falcon still has

I am going around then too (my FP day is this coming Tues, Dec 17th) so anxious about this too. Sort of hope they keep with the BGs as seems like as long as you "in the know" and get there early the system works better than just a physical queue - and will just target getting there like 6:15 or so (I want to be through security and in line ready to go by the time they open the tapstyles - but will keep monitoring the boards/this thread as it gets closer)

Morning all! Up early and getting ready to head over to DHS in the next ten minutes or so. Planning to be there around 5am. I get pretty severe anxiety in large, unorganized masses of people, so hoping we are early enough to be close enough to a touchpoint that there is some resemblance of a queue in place...

Get here at 4:15 am about 50-60 people in front of us in -no bag line”. First time ever in a no bag line. Anyway- bad check line is still reasonable. Ps- parking lot was open. Pss- they have now opened several more lines and bag check lines. Went their security just after 5. About 12th at tap style. Ok- now aggregated. Everyone is in line and they just went halfway back through a line and brought those people up into a new line. That BS! By all means- reward those who slept in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter