RoTR queue - anyone else having trouble scanning crates in DataPad?

SirBill

Mouseketeer
I've tried multiple times now, with the light on and off, and for me the Star Wars data pad refuses to scan crates inside the RoTR line (I've scanned every crate through the rest of the park without issue). I know it ca work as I've seen other scan crates just fine, does anyone hav any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

I have the very latest version of the Play app (iPhone 11 Pro)...

The Scan app brings up the camera just fine, I can see the code on the screen but it just refuses to recognize it is there or go any further.

I had a strong cell signal - it wasn't a data problem at all.

I did find that most people could not open the Play app in the caves, if you try it doesn't recognize you were inside the park - so I always started up the DataPad before I went into the queue. But even so, scanning just never worked.

I'll bet something related to that, was that while I was there (last Thursday through Friday) I never saw the new missions around the ride. If I tried to access them it just took me to the DataPad, and trying to find them in Jobs I never saw anything that looked like the missions I see presented in articles about the new missions being added to the Jobs section in the datapad. So even though I had an updated app, I think it was just slow to update things like the jobs available, and probably the crate data for scanning.

Oh well, all the more reason to go back! At least I know where to expect the crates to scan now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter