ROTR ride elements not working recently? *** Contains Spoilers ***

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
I noticed four ride elements not working properly on ROTR recently. I did not see an existing thread where I could put this - especially with spoilers - so I created a new one here. I am just checking with others whether this is a new thing or been going on a long time at DHS.

I am basing this on my three times riding ROTR at DL prior to the COVID shutdown and my ride at DHS in late March which seemed to have broken show elements.

1. The interrogation room - when you are "rescued" by the Resistance and they cut through the wall to release your group, I thought a light saber protruded through the wall? I did not see that. Just a red hot wall.

2. The Kylo Ren light saber when you are in the ride vehicle and he is pursuing you. He jumps on the ceiling and starts to cut through the ceiling using his light saber. The "red hot" area of the ceiling showed but the light saber protrusion through the ceiling did not. This I definitely recall seeing before.

3. The three cannons which shoot into space and move back and forth as they fire as your ride vehicle progresses through the battle. The cannons did not move.

4. The appearance of Kylo Ren where he grabs your ride vehicle using the Force to draw you to him, then an explosion occurs which distracts him and you are released. I never saw Kylo show up for this.

Last edited:
Rode this a couple of time , although it was last year.
1 Never saw a light saber come through a wall here.
2 Yes definitely should be a saber coming through ceiling
3 and 4 worked exactly as you described

We rode twice the last week of March. I didn't see 1 as you mentioned although it didn't look like there was supposed to be a saber come through. It did show red and then opened. 2, 3 & 4 all worked on our rides. The animatronic Lieutenant Bek in the transport didn't work in our second ride, but did on our first. We rode during early entry the first time. The second time, the ride was down first thing in the morning so rode after it came back up.

1. AFAIK, there has never been a saber in the interrogation room when the rebels rescue you. You aren’t being rescued by any Jedi. I’ve ridden Rise dozens of times and have never seen a saber, so I think the red wall is all it’s supposed to be.
2. Yes, Kylo’s lightsaber is definitely supposed to cut through the ceiling.
3. Yes, canons are supposed to move. I’ve seen them all move exactly twice. The last several trips the first canon moved and the others were stationary. Looks like the first canon has bit the dust as well. Not surprised.
4. You got B mode. That’s not uncommon. I’ve seen that about 30% of the time.

Last edited:
3. Yes, canons are supposed to move. I’ve seen them all move exactly twice. The last half-dozen trips the first canon moved and the others were stationary. Looks like the first canon has bit the dust as well. Not surprised.

Lol, yeah - we all have our little 'things' that bug us on Disney rides when they don't work, and this one is mine. I haven't seen any of them move in quite a while it seems. I know it's a relatively minor thing - but it is so cool going through there when they worked as intended.

Lol, yeah - we all have our little 'things' that bug us on Disney rides when they don't work, and this one is mine. I haven't seen any of them move in quite a while it seems. I know it's a relatively minor thing - but it is so cool going through there when they worked as intended.
I absolutely love this part because it reminds me of the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. I’m an unabashed prequels fan even though I grew up with the OT. It also has elements of CW, so it gave me extra warm fuzzies. Here’s hoping they fix it at some point, and it doesn’t go the way of the Yeti!

last ride was March 14, the cannons moved but Kylo explosion didn't happen.
I’m going to bet all the canons didn’t move. I only say this because on Twitter someone was mocking Rise for not working, posting something like “I hope they at least get all the canons firing for paying Galactic Starcruiser guests”. I chimed in that the canons had always worked when I rode it. Several people replied not likely as only the first canon has worked for several months - a few whom I knew were locals and park regulars. In my mind, I was certain they were wrong, so on my next trip (only a few days away from the Twitter post), I was going to film it and prove them wrong. They were correct. I guess I had just never noticed since after that first canon goes off your transport vehicle is more situated toward the screens, and there is so much more going on around you. Then my next trips, which were January, February, and second week of March, same. One canon only. They could have all been working for you, if so, great! I’m excited it’s up and running again! I go with my daughter again in two weeks. She’s never ridden Rise, so I’ll be excited for her to see it in its full glory!

I’m going to bet all the canons didn’t move. I only say this because on Twitter someone was mocking Rise for not working, posting something like “I hope they at least get all the canons firing for paying Galactic Starcruiser guests”. I chimed in that the canons had always worked when I rode it. Several people replied not likely as only the first canon has worked for several months - a few whom I knew were locals and park regulars. In my mind, I was certain they were wrong, so on my next trip (only a few days away from the Twitter post), I was going to film it and prove them wrong. They were correct. I guess I had just never noticed since after that first canon goes off your transport vehicle is more situated toward the screens, and there is so much more going on around you. Then my next trips, which were January, February, and second week of March, same. One canon only. They could have all been working for you, if so, great! I’m excited it’s up and running again! I go with my daughter again in two weeks. She’s never ridden Rise, so I’ll be excited for her to see it in its full glory!
None of the cannons moved on my March 25 ride....

We were there the first week of March and no moving cannons, Kylo did not take control of our vehicles and the explosion scene did not work. the wall was already down and we just drove past the whole part. It sucks when you wait over an hour for a half working attraction.

I have ridden I think 8 times, one of which was the second day it was open in Dec 2019.
1) no lightsaber was present here, this was always just the red hot area for the cutout of the wall
2) there definitely is supposed to be a lightsaber coming down from the ceiling here; I think I have had one ride where that was missing
3) I think I have seen all 3 cannons moving twice, the two times I rode in Dec 2019; since that time I think I have seen 2 cannons move, 1 cannon move, and no cannons moving on my most recent ride in Jan of this year (when a whole lot of other stuff wasn't working properly)
4) What you describe is the main mode. But from what I've read, that animatronic/feature is temperamental, so there is a B mode where Kylo Ren attacks from a tie-fighter outside the window (on the screen), which is probably what you saw. I am about 50/50 for A mode vs. B mode on my rides.

We rode it on 4/4/22. The canons weren’t working and the Kylo end-scene was in B mode.
We got the full, working experience in 11/2021. That was certainly way more impressive.
I hope they fix the issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter