• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROTR success!

nelsonkg

Mouseketeer
Happy to report using the information y’all have provided we were able to get ROTR multiple times on our 8 day trip using the tips from this forum. I am so grateful - you made my 14-year-old son very happy! Thank you ❣️

what was the best strategy you used? we are going in a few week's and we were shut out last time (VQ). looking forward to riding it for the first time. We got the park hopper tickets - our first afternoon we are going to epcot for dinner. i plan on hopping on the Gondola around 8:00 pm (9:00 close) and trying to ride our first night at closing. would that be doable?

what was the best strategy you used? we are going in a few week's and we were shut out last time (VQ). looking forward to riding it for the first time. We got the park hopper tickets - our first afternoon we are going to epcot for dinner. i plan on hopping on the Gondola around 8:00 pm (9:00 close) and trying to ride our first night at closing. would that be doable?
On Wednesday we got in line at 8:40 and it was a 20 minute wait. Skyliner is really fast transportation although lines can back up a bit near the end of thr night.

Last Friday, we hit Rise at about 7:40 pm and rode twice. We could have done it a 3rd time but opted for Tower instead.

The posted wait at Rise was 85 minutes, with an actual wait of 17 the first time through.

So be honest, if we are staying off site there will be little chance to getting an individual ride purchase for ROTR since they will likely sell out before we get a chance to buy one? ( 7 am vs. off site at 8:30 am) And following up on that, is standby an option for that ride or do we have to have purchased a ride? I'm still learning about all this reservation stuff and am getting a bit confused. Been 2 years since we have visited WDW and it's very different.

So be honest, if we are staying off site there will be little chance to getting an individual ride purchase for ROTR since they will likely sell out before we get a chance to buy one? ( 7 am vs. off site at 8:30 am) And following up on that, is standby an option for that ride or do we have to have purchased a ride? I'm still learning about all this reservation stuff and am getting a bit confused. Been 2 years since we have visited WDW and it's very different.
Read my post just above yours. It’s very easy to get multiple rides without purchasing a reservation if you’re patient.

Read my post just above yours. It’s very easy to get multiple rides without purchasing a reservation if you’re patient.
Yes your advice on trying at the end of the night seems the best way for us to get on the ride. We will get in line before we leave for the night and hopefully we won't have a long wait but even if we do, it will be worth it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter