Rough Bumpy Quick Acceleration Rides

Here now. I am not supposed to do jerky rides and got on Smugglers run. Big mistake. I found it super jerky and regretted going on. I did Rise and that ok. Near the end of MMRR it was a bit jerky.

Here now. I am not supposed to do jerky rides and got on Smugglers run. Big mistake. I found it super jerky and regretted going on. I did Rise and that ok. Near the end of MMRR it was a bit jerky.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I hope you are ok.
Think I'll try Rise but definitely avoid Smugglers Run.

I did speak to my doctor last week. He said to be careful but he's not concerned. I will still be careful but also not sit on the sidelines for everything.

We're coming to Disney World in August, which is only our second time here (and last trip was awhile ago when our kids were younger). I've had previous health issues with my eyes and have to be careful with bumps or things that have a quick acceleration or drop (but a single drop like in Pirates is ok). e.g. I don't do big rollercoasters or Tower or Terror and although I went on Indiana Jones at Disneyland a few years ago, am thinking I should avoid Dinosaur at AK.

Are any of the following overly bumpy or big drops or acceleration?
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway
  • Rise of the Resistance
  • Millennium Falcon (think I heard this one is rough)
  • Remy Ratatouille
  • Frozen Ever After
Thanks.
Kali can come with some pretty unexpected bumps and jerks since it's a raft ride. Your raft floats freely on the river and can bounce easily off the sides of the retaining walls.

I've just returned and my sister and I were both surprised by Star Tours. We didn't remember it as being so bumpy and jerky. I had my legs crossed and my knee got banged pretty hard.

OP here. Can someone explain Star Tours more? I'm not overly familiar with simulator rides. Do the seats actually bump? Or it just appears so? Some have commented it is bumpy so seems like there is some physical movement. Or is it more of a shake or vibrate?

For reference/comparison, as of now:
  • I'll be skipping: Millennium Falcon, Kali, River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur and the rollercoasters. (and probably Test Track)
  • I plan on trying: Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, Remy, Frozen, Pirates

Last edited:
OP here. Can someone explain Star Tours more? I'm not overly familiar with simulator rides. Do the seats actually bump? Or it just appears so? Some have commented it is bumpy so seems like there is some physical movement. Or is it more of a shake or vibrate?

The seats do actually move. There are a few decent bumps. There will be a point that the seats rise up and come to quick slanted rest giving you a weird "hanging" slanted feeling. There will also be a few spots where you "jump to hyperspace" and the seats will give a quick backwards tilt. I absolutely love ST, and I don't have many issues with motion, but I would say it's a bit herky jerky. Not as much as Dinosaur, Space Mt, and Safari, but the ST seats do give a few good jerks.

The seats do actually move. There are a few decent bumps. There will be a point that the seats rise up and come to quick slanted rest giving you a weird "hanging" slanted feeling. There will also be a few spots where you "jump to hyperspace" and the seats will give a quick backwards tilt. I absolutely love ST, and I don't have many issues with motion, but I would say it's a bit herky jerky. Not as much as Dinosaur, Space Mt, and Safari, but the ST seats do give a few good jerks.
Thank you. Great description! Sounds like one that is borderline for me...probably will skip it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter