• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Round Up Rodeo BBQ to open March 23 at DHS - Menu Released

I took away that it's take them 4-years... yes 4-years to open a restaurant. Is this the new norm? Well Space 220 was announced in 2017 at D23 as I recall, and it finally (after several delays) opened September 2021. Now to Space 220's credit there was a lot of tech going on inside the restaurant. But inside of Andy's Backyard BBQ? Looks mostly like flat cutouts.

@HopperFan based on the October thread you win, when you said 2023... let's hope Disney can actually meet the new deadline.

Sorry if I'm missing the info, is this going to be served family style?

EDIT

I just read the Disney parks blog article and it sounds like your table will be given all the salads and meat, but you choose 4 sides for the table, and then choose some desserts for the table (but doesn't say how many you can choose)

Last edited:
Wow, vegetarian options coming in strong. Didn't expect that! I'd be interested to try some of that.

This one's a pass for me. I only like the mains. I don't eat any kind of melon, kale is icky. The potato barrels would be good without green goop dressing on them.

Ah well. Can't win em all.

I'm sure you can ask for the potato barrels without the dressing since they probably just add it right before bringing it to you.

So many questions. Like what about a kids menu? Will there be some kind of more kid friendly fare? My Grandson who's 2 (will be 3 when we go) is picky, as most 2/3 year olds are. We can make this work, but I liked that Chef Mickey's had a special plate of stuff just for him when we went in October.

Can't wait to hear more and see the first reviews come out!

Probably a no go for me. For one, I live in Georgia, BBQ is everywhere so I don't need to spend my money for it at WDW (and it's probably not as good as Hubby's). For two, I've found I can't eat anything spicy, even black pepper hurts me (I'm talking in bed for 2 days in pain with stuff coming out of both ends) and it looks like they even put pepper or spices on the vegetables. For three, I don't eat large meals so family style or buffets are a waste of money for me.

Gotta be honest, I was hoping for BBQ chicken/beef burgers and fries, hot dogs, type stuff on the menu here. Something very overtly kid friendly. Don't think my family would get much out of a meal on that menu, especially not the kids. Oh well, looks an amazing set up all the same and sure it will be very popular!

While I normally don't pay big prices for BBQ when I can get really good for reasonable ..... I was curious here because DS would love to eat at a Toy Story Restaurant ~ the QS is of no interest to us. Cheddar biscuits, yummy. I think the salads are each touching on a different taste bud, although I'd rather more fruit and less watermelon. The entrees look good. The sides ........... I wish there were 4 I really wanted. I have a feeling that these sides might see some adjusting down the road. Desserts .... how many can we get? And how big are they? I don't see us booking until there are substantial positive reviews.

I don't think there will be characters .... sad .... WDW needs more balance of the characters at meals.

PERSONAL rant: WHY does every restaurant think they have to serve tater tots and mac & cheese? Back in the day tater tots were a poor man's side dish but somehow it's a go to side for restaurants now? 🙄

Last edited:
Looks pretty tasty to me! We ate at Trail's End last January and the menu seems somewhat similar. Of course we ate there before a few price increases and thought for the quality might have been the best "value" a Disney.

It will be interesting to see what they price this at. Any guesses? I'm going to say $39.99/adult $22.99/child. But if it rolls outs out higher I won't be surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter