Route from I95

2rad I am unfamiliar with the route you cite above. When we went in Dec I took I 95 to 409, 409 to 528, while I could have taken 528 to I 4 to ensure I was going to avoid the problems on I 4 I took the off ramp from 528 and got on 417 and took that south to I 4. We have EZ pass so only had to stop to pay the very last toll on 417. We have a friend that has needed to do trip several times recently and her preference is to take I 95 to I 4, I 4 to 417 back to I 4 just above the Disney exit

FWIW, we just check Google Maps while we are driving but usually, it says that I4 is the fastest (or within a few minutes) so we just stay on that (as painful as it can be to cross Orlando on the I4).

E.g. at the moment, from Daytona To FW, the fastest route is I4, taking 417 is 15 minutes longer (we've gone that way to avoid an accident in the past) and 46/429 is 5 minutes more than 417. I suspect that you'll lose so much time on the 46 that it's rarely worth taking that route (but I'm not a local).

10-4. I think I95 to I4 to 417 is the best route to avoid I4 through Orlando.

I had heard other speak about 429, but looking at the map and having to use 46 to get there makes 417 seem the better route.

We go down 95 to 528 and head over to I4. Took I4 once and ended up in a 3 hour parking lot when it rained and there was an accident that shut down all the lanes. We left the Fort one morning with a friend, he took I4, we took 528 to 95, we pulled in the gas station at exit 1 in GA at the same time. And I only run about 68 mph when towing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter