Royal Court Royal Tea Booking Questions

It did not occur to me for Royal Court Royal Tea (we did not and I didn’t see anyone else leave any cash on any tables) but at BBB they do not accept tips. I attempted to give at the end, and they said they are not permitted. They can give you a card to write a thank-you or glowing review.
Thanks! That makes sense.

The waitstaff that serve you are the regular MDR staff, so their tips are part of each guest's recommended/autocharged gratuities--just like when you eat at an MDR for breakfast or lunch, your tips are included even though you don't have the same dining team as dinner time. The performers are performers--they can't/won't accept tips.
Thank you!

On the website it says the Royal Court tea is for ages 3-12. If I book it for my 4year old, will I be able to include my almost 2 year old in Booking? Thanks!

On the website it says the Royal Court tea is for ages 3-12. If I book it for my 4year old, will I be able to include my almost 2 year old in Booking? Thanks!
Generally, if DCL specifies an age for an activity, they mean it. I'd guess that an "almost" 2 year old wouldn't be allowed, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Hello, I hope it is OK for me to bump this thread the last thread.

I have a question about Royal Court Royal Tea. My question is: for a 7 day sailing, typically, how many days is it offered? How many times a day is it offered?

Thanks!

I have a question about Royal Court Royal Tea. My question is: for a 7 day sailing, typically, how many days is it offered? How many times a day is it offered?

Thanks!
It's usually offered on sea days.

It's usually offered on sea days.
Thank you for the reply.

Would you be able to tell me, on sea days, how many times are they offered?

I ask because, for a western caribbean cruise, there are 2 sea days. If it is offer on those days and only once. I'm just not going to bother because (1) I'm a first time disney cruiser and (2) I would be booking for 4 kids.

Thank you for the reply.

Would you be able to tell me, on sea days, how many times are they offered?

I ask because, for a western caribbean cruise, there are 2 sea days. If it is offer on those days and only once. I'm just not going to bother because (1) I'm a first time disney cruiser and (2) I would be booking for 4 kids.
It’s once a day on sea days, usually between 3 and 4pm start time. I think it was offered in port (Nassau) on a recent cruise where we had no sea days.

As I mentioned on another thread, cancellations do come up, though 4 kids could be tough. I shudder to think of the tab for 4 kids (and at least one adult) I assume it’s over $1000 (I assume this is why a lot of people end up canceling—I think kids are priced over $200 and adults are about $60?

It’s once a day on sea days, usually between 3 and 4pm start time. I think it was offered in port (Nassau) on a recent cruise where we had no sea days.

As I mentioned on another thread, cancellations do come up, though 4 kids could be tough. I shudder to think of the tab for 4 kids (and at least one adult) I assume it’s over $1000 (I assume this is why a lot of people end up canceling—I think kids are priced over $200 and adults are about $60?
Correct, it will be over 1000. I'm paying for everyone... ...

I am scared myself. But I want to give them this experience. The Disney cruise fare themselves are not cheap. nothing about Disney is cheap ever unfortunately.

Correct, it will be over 1000. I'm paying for everyone... ...

I am scared myself. But I want to give them this experience. The Disney cruise fare themselves are not cheap. nothing about Disney is cheap ever unfortunately.
Just wanted to make sure you were going into it eyes open. The tea itself is definitely not worth $200 (or even $50) but the kids get a lot of merchandise—they just switched over to new items— a (fake) tea set, cape, crown, autograph book, and I think little dolls of Gus and Jack.

There is a “dinner theater element” but honestly I think the Royal Gathering princess greeting interactions (which open to everyone at the exact same moment 30 days out) are higher “quality” than the same princess meet and greets at royal tea.

Just wanted to make sure you were going into it eyes open. The tea itself is definitely not worth $200 (or even $50) but the kids get a lot of merchandise—they just switched over to new items— a (fake) tea set, cape, crown, autograph book, and I think little dolls of Gus and Jack.

There is a “dinner theater element” but honestly I think the Royal Gathering princess greeting interactions (which open to everyone at the exact same moment 30 days out) are higher “quality” than the same princess meet and greets at royal tea.
Yeah, I would read article like Royal Court Royal Tea Review: An Expensive Disappointment and I understand the hesitation. I get it. Money doesn't grow on trees and I am definitely not rich.

My mindset on wanting to do this is to give the kids an experience they probably won't get later on while they are still young. With the money thing aside, if given the availability, I will book them.

But, yes, I will also book the Disney princess meet and greet! What is your opinion on how to book it? I was talking to a Disney Cruise rep and she said to book it first then do online check in. I was thinking the other way around because I want an early port arrival time. What is your take on this?

Yeah, I would read article like Royal Court Royal Tea Review: An Expensive Disappointment and I understand the hesitation. I get it. Money doesn't grow on trees and I am definitely not rich.

My mindset on wanting to do this is to give the kids an experience they probably won't get later on while they are still young. With the money thing aside, if given the availability, I will book them.

But, yes, I will also book the Disney princess meet and greet! What is your opinion on how to book it? I was talking to a Disney Cruise rep and she said to book it first then do online check in. I was thinking the other way around because I want an early port arrival time. What is your take on this?
Not sure what ship you are on, but I would generally recommend Royal Gathering at exactly 12:00:00 (it takes like 30 seconds) before proceeding to check-in. I have never missed RG that way (4/4), though my husband swears that the one time I was in flight at the 30 day opening and he had to do it, the app crashed and sold out before he could reload the app (on Fantasy). I think Wish/Fantasy/Dream would likely be gone before you finish check-in…Magic/Wonder might last a little longer…but I’d rather get a slightly higher boarding group than miss the Royal Gathering. If you skip the tea it’s fairly unlikely your kids would even learn about it, if you skip the Royal Gathering it’s very likely your kids will see it as they walk through the atrium and want to join.

My best tip for checkin is to have all of your passports and personal ID pics saved in your camera roll as the last photos on your phone so that when it’s time to check in you can quickly tap “upload picture” and select the picture instead of browsing around trying to find it (or taking photos on your phone that you have to crop, etc). The “have everything ready at my digital fingertips” method has gotten us single digit boarding groups on our last few cruises. Except the night my husband attempted it while I was in flight.

Not sure what ship you are on, but I would generally recommend Royal Gathering at exactly 12:00:00 (it takes like 30 seconds) before proceeding to check-in. I have never missed RG that way (4/4), though my husband swears that the one time I was in flight at the 30 day opening and he had to do it, the app crashed and sold out before he could reload the app (on Fantasy). I think Wish/Fantasy/Dream would likely be gone before you finish check-in…Magic/Wonder might last a little longer…but I’d rather get a slightly higher boarding group than miss the Royal Gathering. If you skip the tea it’s fairly unlikely your kids would even learn about it, if you skip the Royal Gathering it’s very likely your kids will see it as they walk through the atrium and want to join.

My best tip for checkin is to have all of your passports and personal ID pics saved in your camera roll as the last photos on your phone so that when it’s time to check in you can quickly tap “upload picture” and select the picture instead of browsing around trying to find it (or taking photos on your phone that you have to crop, etc). The “have everything ready at my digital fingertips” method has gotten us single digit boarding groups on our last few cruises. Except the night my husband attempted it while I was in flight.
I will be sailing on Disney Fantasy :)

Yes all the tips you stated here I have heard over and over on YouTube. I feel so anxious and ready at the same time. I think it's the first time Disney cruiser's nerves. I just want to get it done and over with but I also want to get it done right! I am slowly accepting I might not be able to book what I want to book because of being a first timer.

Not sure what ship you are on, but I would generally recommend Royal Gathering at exactly 12:00:00 (it takes like 30 seconds) before proceeding to check-in.
Okay! I will book that first before check in! Thanks for the tip!

My best tip for checkin is to have all of your passports and personal ID pics saved in your camera roll as the last photos on your phone so that when it’s time to check in you can quickly tap “upload picture”
So you would say checking in on app is better than personal computer? I feel like typing out the guest information is faster than typing on my phone.
Except the night my husband attempted it while I was in flight.
Did you forgive him? XD ahahaha

I will be sailing on Disney Fantasy :)

Yes all the tips you stated here I have heard over and over on YouTube. I feel so anxious and ready at the same time. I think it's the first time Disney cruiser's nerves. I just want to get it done and over with but I also want to get it done right! I am slowly accepting I might not be able to book what I want to book because of being a first timer.

Okay! I will book that first before check in! Thanks for the tip!

So you would say checking in on app is better than personal computer? I feel like typing out the guest information is faster than typing on my phone.

Did you forgive him? XD ahahaha
I forgave him…eventually.

So I’m reluctant to say this because your experience may vary but I don’t think I had to type that that much information (I also type almost as fast with thumbs as with a keyboard, when autocorrect isn’t acting up), and all the passport stuff somehow got pulled from my passport pic (this was new for either or 4th or 5th cruise).

I’ve never tried on a desktop, but I bet it would be slightly faster if you had your photos ready to go and organized in an easy to find folder. You could even name them (mompassport.jpg, MomID.jpg, etc) which might come in handy if you have a LOT of people you’re trying to check in all at once. ID photos are easy but have to remember the exact order I saved our passport photo pages to select the right one by thumbnail.

I forgave him…eventually.

So I’m reluctant to say this because your experience may vary but I don’t think I had to type that that much information (I also type almost as fast with thumbs as with a keyboard, when autocorrect isn’t acting up), and all the passport stuff somehow got pulled from my passport pic (this was new for either or 4th or 5th cruise).

I’ve never tried on a desktop, but I bet it would be slightly faster if you had your photos ready to go and organized in an easy to find folder. You could even name them (mompassport.jpg, MomID.jpg, etc) which might come in handy if you have a LOT of people you’re trying to check in all at once. ID photos are easy but have to remember the exact order I saved our passport photo pages to select the right one by thumbnail.

Oh, trust, me just like you, I have the photos in jpg with everyone names. It's all organized. I'm just waiting for the day to arrive. LOL

Thanks!
Usually on the at-sea days and once per day on those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter