Royal Court Tea-Recent Experience

KatieKepic

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a recent review of the Royal Court Tea? We did it years ago with my daughter and she loved it. We're taking my 4 year old niece on a cruise in February and I have her and my daughter signed up to go but I was wondering what's changed with the new protocols.

My daughter and I did it on the Dream a few weeks ago. All parties had a table to themselves. The biggest difference was that each princess stands in the middle and talks to each table from a distance instead of going to a table. Also, there his no group dancing anymore. It was still very enjoyable.

My daughter and I did it on the Dream a few weeks ago. All parties had a table to themselves. The biggest difference was that each princess stands in the middle and talks to each table from a distance instead of going to a table. Also, there his no group dancing anymore. It was still very enjoyable.

Thank you, this was really helpful! Do they do the photo at the end still? And since the princesses don't come to the table, do they still get the charms for the bracelet?

How are masks handled? Can you get distanced selfies with the princesses without masks on?

Thank you, this was really helpful! Do they do the photo at the end still? And since the princesses don't come to the table, do they still get the charms for the bracelet?
They do not do the photo with the princesses at the end. They were letting people pose for a picture with a “royal tea” backdrop on the way out but princesses are not in that picture. They provided the charms in little pouches that were already at the table in a decorative container when we sat down.

How are masks handled? Can you get distanced selfies with the princesses without masks on?
Once you are at your table you do not have to wear a mask (treated same as mealtimes as you have food and drink the whole time at the table). I took lots of photos of my son with the distanced princesses behind him and they turned out great.

They do not do the photo with the princesses at the end. They were letting people pose for a picture with a “royal tea” backdrop on the way out but princesses are not in that picture. They provided the charms in little pouches that were already at the table in a decorative container when we sat down.

Thanks so much! I'm guessing they don't give the black Royal Court book with the photo anymore then?

Thanks so much! I'm guessing they don't give the black Royal Court book with the photo anymore then?
No—did not get that. We did get a nice stationary set with markers, colored pencils etc in a large decorative case. That was new. And they did still let you choose a theme for the kids’ cupcake. All the food was the same as pre-covid too.

Do they give out pins for the tea?
There are pins included in the kids’ merchandise if you get the “prince” set but not the “princess.” The kids can opt out of the default though—my son chose to get the princess toys instead of the prince ones, so if you have a little girl who wants pins they could probably switch her to the “prince” set.

Once you are at your table you do not have to wear a mask (treated same as mealtimes as you have food and drink the whole time at the table). I took lots of photos of my son with the distanced princesses behind him and they turned out great.

Our tea party is next week.
Honestly though, do you think it was worth the money?

Our tea party is next week.
Honestly though, do you think it was worth the money?
It absolutely was for us, but I think it is kid specific—I have three kids and youngest one REALLY wanted to do it and the other two were not interested so I just took my youngest and that made the price less crazy than taking the whole family.

It’s an amazing experience for a kid who wants to dress up and be a princess for a day. They really roll out the red carpet and make the kids feel special every step of the way, from announcing the arrival of each child to great fanfare, pouring the apple juice “tea” at each table simultaneously, the custom cupcake, and the princess interactions are great. All the children there were kind of in awe. I thought the food (cakes, pastries and little bite-size sandwiches) was also really good and on par with high tea at nice hotels in a city that i’ve paid similar adult prices for. I do wish they had a better selection of teas but most people won’t care about that (I love tea). A lot of the kids price is of course the merchandise and it is nice stuff—not sure I would buy it all independently but it does contribute to making the price more reasonable.

So at the end of the day I go back to the first thing I said: whether it is worth it depends on how much a kid wants to do it. I think for kids who are young enough to truly believe they are going to a princess party and for whom that is a dream come true, it’s worth every penny. I might even recommend it for a more casual princess fan once because it is really well done. I don’t think I’d recommend it for adults or teens/tweens because it is really focused on the kids and making them feel special.

It absolutely was for us, but I think it is kid specific—I have three kids and youngest one REALLY wanted to do it and the other two were not interested so I just took my youngest and that made the price less crazy than taking the whole family.

It’s an amazing experience for a kid who wants to dress up and be a princess for a day. They really roll out the red carpet and make the kids feel special every step of the way, from announcing the arrival of each child to great fanfare, pouring the apple juice “tea” at each table simultaneously, the custom cupcake, and the princess interactions are great. All the children there were kind of in awe. I thought the food (cakes, pastries and little bite-size sandwiches) was also really good and on par with high tea at nice hotels in a city that i’ve paid similar adult prices for. I do wish they had a better selection of teas but most people won’t care about that (I love tea). A lot of the kids price is of course the merchandise and it is nice stuff—not sure I would buy it all independently but it does contribute to making the price more reasonable.

So at the end of the day I go back to the first thing I said: whether it is worth it depends on how much a kid wants to do it. I think for kids who are young enough to truly believe they are going to a princess party and for whom that is a dream come true, it’s worth every penny. I might even recommend it for a more casual princess fan once because it is really well done. I don’t think I’d recommend it for adults or teens/tweens because it is really focused on the kids and making them feel special.

Tha k you for the explanation! My daughter is 4 and is obsessed with princesses and tea parties (we finally get to use her "tea time dress" for a tea party outside our living room.)
I have a bibbity makeover scheduled right before the tea party but was a little wary about the total price for the experience.
But if you had a great experience despite them "modifying" it, I feel more confident in spending the money
Thanks again!

We are booked on a cruise in June 2022 and I’ve been thinking about this. My youngest loves princesses right now - we will see if she still feels the same in the spring when I can book. ;) Thank you for the updated info!

For those of you did the Royal Tea, how full was it? Did you have to book it right when the window opened up and did it book fast?

For those of you did the Royal Tea, how full was it? Did you have to book it right when the window opened up and did it book fast?
It did sell out before the cruise, but within 30 days of sailing and was one of the last activities things to sell out. There were a couple of people in our facebook group who booked last minute and were disappointed it was full.

We haven't sailed yet but it's currently sold out on our sailing. It was still open yesterday but first timers could book starting at midnight and it sold out once their booking window opened.

Is there any chance of it opening up at all once sold out? I’m literally broken-hearted I didn't know about it.

Is there any chance of it opening up at all once sold out? I’m literally broken-hearted I didn't know about it.
Sure. Check each day starting about a week before your trip. That is when a lot of people firm cancel their plans if they booked things just in case and then decide against it. Also check when you get onboard the ship—they sometimes hold back spots for onboard booking and people sometimes cancel after boarding too (or fail their covid test and so don’t make it on the ship).

Sure. Check each day starting about a week before your trip. That is when a lot of people firm cancel their plans if they booked things just in case and then decide against it. Also check when you get onboard the ship—they sometimes hold back spots for onboard booking and people sometimes cancel after boarding too (or fail their covid test and so don’t make it on the ship).
Thank you. Gives me hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter