Royal Gatherings (Princesses) on Wish

SVL

Earning My Ears
Hi All-
This is our first Disney Cruise, and our first ever cruise. We are booked on the Wish in February 2023, and I have lots of questions. Thanks for your patience with this newbie! Can anyone tell me how the Royal Gathering 'works' on the Wish? I know that we are the last to book because of our cabin status and lack of previous cruising, so I do plan to hop online right at midnight on my assigned day, but do I have any chance of getting tickets? How much do they cost? Do I need tickets for the adults (myself and my husband) as well, or just the kids? Do you feel like the experience is worth the money? Thanks for your thoughts!!

The Royal Gathering is a collection of princesses all at the same time, usually in the atrium area. Currently, you pre-book tickets as soon as you check in at the 30-day point. You will need a reservation for anyone planning to attend. There is no cost for this. The princesses with also likely have solo meet-and-greets at other times where you can just line up.

Reactions: SVL
We’re just back from our first sailing and did the Royal Gathering. My daughter loved it! I logged in right at midnight and had my pick of times despite being first time cruisers. We had Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Tiana. They spent a lot of time with each group, and it saved time from doing separate meet and greets throughout the trip.

Reactions: SVL
The Royal Gathering is a collection of princesses all at the same time, usually in the atrium area. Currently, you pre-book tickets as soon as you check in at the 30-day point. You will need a reservation for anyone planning to attend. There is no cost for this. The princesses with also likely have solo meet-and-greets at other times where you can just line up.
Thank you! I didn’t know that this was free. I just assumed that it would be an extra cost like some of the other extras.

We’re just back from our first sailing and did the Royal Gathering. My daughter loved it! I logged in right at midnight and had my pick of times despite being first time cruisers. We had Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Tiana. They spent a lot of time with each group, and it saved time from doing separate meet and greets throughout the trip.
Thanks so much! This gives me hope that it will be worth staying up late to do that booking. I appreciate the info!

The booking starts at the same time of online check in opens. I did online check in as soon as the clock hits 0:00 am and I was still able to book Royal Gathering after completing online check in, maybe 20 mins later or so.

The booking starts at the same time of online check in opens. I did online check in as soon as the clock hits 0:00 am and I was still able to book Royal Gathering after completing online check in, maybe 20 mins later or so.
Do I have to do the online check in first?? I don’t think that I am eligible for that until January, but my booking window opens on November 30

This event used to be available to reserve when your booking window opened. It is now available at 30 days after you check in. This could change, but currently it opens for everyone at 30 days.

Do I have to do the online check in first?? I don’t think that I am eligible for that until January, but my booking window opens on November 30
I’m pretty sure you can book before completing online check in, and probably good idea as completing online check in will take longer than booking the Royal Gathering spot. But unlike other activities, this Royal Gathering is only bookable 30 days before sailing (at this moment of course). So it doesn’t matter if you are super repeater or first time cruiser.

You can do Royal Gathering before you've gotten through online check in. I kept Hubby up with me so that he could get Royal Gathering while I was uploading passport photos and such right at midnight 30 days.

For our cruise (Wish 11/7), the Royal Gathering slots were booked by about 1am, so you definitely want to do the late night booking to have it on the agenda before you board. They reserve some slots to be taken once you're on the ship, but they also go quickly. We saw lots of disappointed people getting turned away from the line.

Our greets were Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, and Moana.

All of them also met at other times on the cruise, but it was only 1 or 2 slots and the lines started forming early and stayed long. It is possible to meet all the ladies even if you can't get Royal Gathering, but it would be a much bigger time suck to wait out all of those lines.

The princess gathering does not open up until 30 days before your cruise, so it is the same as the online check-in window. Because of this, you will get the same chance as everyone else to book it. I've never done the princess gathering before (I only have boys and they never want to). I decided to do it this time, and went to the onboard activities right at midnight 30 days before my cruise to book it. Every time was open. I booked it first, then did online check-in and was still able to get an 11:15-11:30 port arrival. You can do on-line check-in first, then the princess gathering if you really want a chance to get the 11-11:15 port arrival.

You will need tickets for everyone who plans on attending, even if the adults are only taking photos. Have fun!

Quick question. Am I able to book this for family in another stateroom? Would I have to cross reference the bookings on the app? Or, do they just let you choose the number of spaces you can reserve?

Quick question. Am I able to book this for family in another stateroom? Would I have to cross reference the bookings on the app? Or, do they just let you choose the number of spaces you can reserve?
If your reservations are linked (which can be done by your travel agent if you used one or by calling DCL if you didn't), then you should be able to book for another family. If the bookings are linked, you'll know because the other party's names will be on the dropdown menu when you book excursions. I haven't done the princess gathering in several years, but if it's like other advance bookings, there are no longer paper tickets so you'll need to indicate the names of everyone who is attending.

Hi All-
This is our first Disney Cruise, and our first ever cruise. We are booked on the Wish in February 2023, and I have lots of questions. Thanks for your patience with this newbie! Can anyone tell me how the Royal Gathering 'works' on the Wish? I know that we are the last to book because of our cabin status and lack of previous cruising, so I do plan to hop online right at midnight on my assigned day, but do I have any chance of getting tickets? How much do they cost? Do I need tickets for the adults (myself and my husband) as well, or just the kids? Do you feel like the experience is worth the money? Thanks for your thoughts!!
Everyone actually has an equal chance at RG at 30 days. Silver, etc don't get to book sooner. What is different for newbies is that your check in opens at the same time. You DO NOT need to check in before you book RG and you shouldn't. Book RG first (found in onboard fun) then check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter