ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I forgot to email customer service to request Tower 1 and we check in on Thurs. Do they take requests at check in?
You can always ask at check-in. It may take a little while longer to assign you a room if the inventory isn't cleaned yet.

I was thinking of requesting a room in T1. We have a standard, not preferred, room. Looking at a map, it looks like T1 would be least likely to have a view of Universal Blvd and/or the parking lots. True?
We also have a Standard room. We'll be checking in later in the evening, after dinner. Is that too late to be making requests at the desk? We'll be there two nights, so I'm not sure which room we get matters very much. I'd like to be closer to the walking path.

I checked the hotel's website but didn't see any mention of a laundry room. Is there self service laundry available at RPR?

I checked the hotel's website but didn't see any mention of a laundry room. Is there self service laundry available at RPR?
https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Ans..._and_dryers_for_guest.html#AnswerQuestionForm

[I]Are there self-serve washers and dryers for guest uses on property? If so where are they located and what is the cost? Aloha! We have self-serve washers and dryers in all three towers. Tower 3 houses the laundry room on the 2nd floor. Tower 2 and Tower 1 house the laundry rooms on the first floor outside the elevator banks. The cost is $3 per cycle, per machine. We hope you enjoy your stay![/I]

Mahalo!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Ans..._and_dryers_for_guest.html#AnswerQuestionForm

[I]Are there self-serve washers and dryers for guest uses on property? If so where are they located and what is the cost? Aloha! We have self-serve washers and dryers in all three towers. Tower 3 houses the laundry room on the 2nd floor. Tower 2 and Tower 1 house the laundry rooms on the first floor outside the elevator banks. The cost is $3 per cycle, per machine. We hope you enjoy your stay![/I]

Mahalo!
Does anyone know if the washers and dryers take credit cards?

I don't really do trip reports, but I do report back on my trip in different places. I posted in this thread a few times, so I'll comment on various thoughts about RPR here.

Service: Top notch. Truly felt like a "premier" resort as soon as I walked in. Friendly, professional service everywhere in the hotel. (Wellll, the TukTuk market was a little crowded sometimes, and so service suffered slightly, but that's not necessarily anyone's fault; it was during peak times.)

Rooms: nice, but smaller than I expected. We were considering getting a cot for an extra sleeping place, but that would have had to have been wedged in there. Bathroom was OK--sink was separate, which is nice, and I don't mind the barn-type doors for the toilet/shower area generally, but this door provided NO real privacy.

I've said this elsewhere, but a "premier" resort in a location like this should have balconies for the rooms. Loews flubbed on that.

Food: Tuk-Tuk was overpriced. They jacked up prices on basic items just because this is a premier resort. To be clear, of course I expect a resort premium in a market like this, but this was over the top. Islands had an excellent breakfast/brunch. The food at the Bula Bar was fine. Drinks OK (price adjusted: so-so at best).

Loved the frogs greeting us when we arrived.

I think that's it.

I don't really do trip reports, but I do report back on my trip in different places. I posted in this thread a few times, so I'll comment on various thoughts about RPR here.

Service: Top notch. Truly felt like a "premier" resort as soon as I walked in. Friendly, professional service everywhere in the hotel. (Wellll, the TukTuk market was a little crowded sometimes, and so service suffered slightly, but that's not necessarily anyone's fault; it was during peak times.)

Rooms: nice, but smaller than I expected. We were considering getting a cot for an extra sleeping place, but that would have had to have been wedged in there. Bathroom was OK--sink was separate, which is nice, and I don't mind the barn-type doors for the toilet/shower area generally, but this door provided NO real privacy.

I've said this elsewhere, but a "premier" resort in a location like this should have balconies for the rooms. Loews flubbed on that.

Food: Tuk-Tuk was overpriced. They jacked up prices on basic items just because this is a premier resort. To be clear, of course I expect a resort premium in a market like this, but this was over the top. Islands had an excellent breakfast/brunch. The food at the Bula Bar was fine. Drinks OK (price adjusted: so-so at best).

I think that's it.
Thanks for this. We’re heading there in just over a month.

We’re a family of 4 (parents + 2 teens) so though we fit in two beds usually one teen sleeps on an air mattress on the floor. Do you think this will be an issue? We’re only there 3 nights.

Otherwise we do beds as “mom shares with daughter” and “dad shares with son”. Not ideal but it’s fine.

Otherwise we do beds as “mom shares with daughter” and “dad shares with son”. Not ideal but it’s fine.
We were there 3 nights and did something similar, but my kids are younger. You can fit a single air mattress, probably, but there will be hardly any room left. I guess you could prop it up against a wall when it's daytime.

Forgot to mention something else: there is a shocking lack of hooks in the room and bathroom. The hanger/closet situation is OK, but with four people, you want hooks for towels, bags, etc.

We are taking a red eye to Orlando the night of 6/19. We will get to RPR the morning of 6/20. The plan is to store our baggage, hit the parks, then go back for a nap once we get an alert that our room is ready.

I booked a room with an AP rate. I bought myself the cheapest AP (to qualify) and the rest of my family got dated tickets.

Will I have to go to the parks FIRST to pick up my AP before Royal Pacific lets me check in? If so, is it pretty easy to walk to Customer Service at the park, get my AP, then walk back? Is there an ideal place to pick up my AP at the parks?

You don't need to show the AP at check in (we've done it at checkout), but there is a desk at RPR where you can collect your AP/ tickets. No need to go the parks.

Wait... there's a ticket desk in the lobby at RPR? I didn't know that. That will be SO much easier! What are the hours?
I haven't used the one at RPR but I'm thinking the one at Cabana Bay was something like 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.?

Hopefully someone that's staying there now can check for you!

I think that's it.
I agree it’s a shame they don’t have any balconies. Portofino has a very limited number of balconies and that’s the only resort to have them. Personally I enjoy having a balcony.

I agree it’s a shame they don’t have any balconies. Portofino has a very limited number of balconies and that’s the only resort to have them. Personally I enjoy having a balcony.

Sapphire Falls has some balconies too, not only do the Presidential Suites have them, but there are several Hospitality Suites that have balconies too.

We enjoyed the balcony we had there.

Sapphire Falls has some balconies too, not only do the Presidential Suites have them, but there are several Hospitality Suites that have balconies too.

We enjoyed the balcony we had there.
Yes, I remember you getting one! I think I was just thinking about regular rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter