• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RPR to Volcano Bay walk or take the Bus

Phil from PA

Mouseketeer
Excited to be flying down on Tuesday and staying at RPR. Thanks to the seasonal annual pass and a hurricane changing our plans to Key West in September this is our 3rd trip down in a year.

Doing Volcano Bay on Friday, decided to splurge on a Cabana.

Quick question, is it easier just to walk to Volcano Bay or take the bus?

I was figuring it was only about a 15 minute walk. Is that accurate?

Thanks.

I'm not sure there is a direct/easy walking path to VB from RPR. I think the only walk up entrance is from CBBR and that is only for persons staying at CBBR. I will say that when I stayed at RPR, we used the bus to get to VB. We didn't have to wait very long and the ride was fairly quick as well.

I'm not sure there is a direct/easy walking path to VB from RPR. I think the only walk up entrance is from CBBR and that is only for persons staying at CBBR. I will say that when I stayed at RPR, we used the bus to get to VB. We didn't have to wait very long and the ride was fairly quick as well.

Thanks. With the early entry you have any idea when they start the buses going there? I’m an overplanner and this is our first time going.

Thanks. With the early entry you have any idea when they start the buses going there? I’m an overplanner and this is our first time going.

Hi I believe the buses were starting an hour early. When there was EE at 8:00 am someone got a bus about 7:00 am.

You would have to exit through Cabana bay exit then walk all the way down to the corner to cross over to Sapphire Falls then walk from their. It would be quite time consuming. I hear the buses from the resort to VB are good. I will be doing it from RPR in 2 months :cool1:

I stayed at CBBR last summer when we went.

VB is great we love it!

I can confirm that the buses start running from RPR over an hour before Early Entry opening, but I don't think you'll need to get their that early.

We got mixed up and thought the parks had EE at 8am, but it wasn't until 9am--with regular opening at 10am. We were picked up by the around 7:40am and had a long wait until 9:00!
Two days later we didn't get on a bus until 8:30 and it worked fine. This was over Easter when the park reached capacity pretty early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter