• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ruins Tour Question

We did the Tulum Ruins Tour last summer. We loved it and would do it again in a flash. Very soon after docking at Cozumel we took a jet ferry directly from the ship to the mainland. We walked about 1/2 mile through a town area to the bus then rode the bus for an hour or so to Tulum. We stopped on the way for a bathroom break and some shopping. I thought it was very good shopping (scarves, handmade jewelry, etc.) and was able to bargain for some very good prices. Once at Tulum the tour lasts an hour or so -- excellent tour guide, he's of Mayan descent and very proud of his ancestory, very knowledgable. We then had about an hour at the most beautiful (and practically deserted) beach I saw on the whole trip. On the way back they handed out Subway sandwiches and had beer or soda available.

However, I will say that it is the longest of the tours, possibly the priciest. It is also not for young kids - the day can get long and warm and if you don't have some interest in the Mayan culture and a more mature attention span it is probably not the best tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter