Rules for "fraternizing" with the CM's?

The entertainers onboard are different than the regular CM's onboard. We have cruised a few times when Rich Purpura was the comedian....he said he has access to both guest areas and crew areas. As far as the photographers...at one time they were an outside company...I am not sure if they are now DCL CM's or are still an outside vendor. If they are an outside vendor then I could see them having different rules than the DCL CM's.

I know the CM's onboard are not allowed any extra curricular interaction with any guests beyond their normal on-the-job interaction....it is grounds for dismissal.

MJ

On our recent Celebrity cruise to Alaska, we have seen quite a bit of "officers" in guest areas (taking their breaks). I guess it's the line's heritage to allow officers to interact (within reason) with their guests. Having said this, cruise lines do frawn upon the crew fratinizing with guest (there was a news article not too long ago, stating that a crew member was arrested for "assulting" underage guests.

Originally posted by ohiominnie
No way! When I was 20 I couldn't afford a Disney cruise!

It took us til only recently to be able to do so....as soon as our oldest left the nest and finished his 4 years of our paying his college expenses, we were SHOCKED at the money we had available.
Love our oldest as we do, it's sure nice to have him grown up and on his own!!!!

Again, with the CM's - big difference from "fraternizing as friends" and another to be "fraternizing as ........" - well, you get the idea!
And some of us just are too old and fat to be concerned that the CM's will think anything other than just friendship!!!!!!!

Rae

On our last trip, I noticed alot of outstanding dancing during the deck party and in Rockin Bar D, so I'm thinking some cast members were relaxing. It really livened things up. They were great!

Not a party animal, but we've always been invited to the on deck night party by the servers. I believe it is the only time they can mingle with us legally!!!

Maybe some night we will stay up past 10PM and see what that is like!!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter