Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raise your hand if you work in Corporate America and know firsthand the daily/hourly "prep" meetings that have been happening for the past 6 weeks, with details/plans changing by the minute and everyone rushing to try and get things as close to "normal" as possible even without hard or soft re-opening dates of any kind, regardless of industry.

Yes, Disney has been preparing since probably before they even shut down the parks in the first place. Some people get paid a lot of money to think about this day and night for the sake of the almighty dollar. I doubt their plans are perfect, but right now someone is crunching numbers on labor and operations to optimize opening as quickly as possible with as much revenue generated as possible out of every single guest despite lower attendance/resort occupancy/ongoing uncertainty.
I don’t think anyone is doubting that Disney is eating/drinking/sleeping covid-19 prep and planning, but implementation is different. Getting quotes to move forward with implementation. Getting supplies and workers for implementation while there’s been social distancing and stay at home orders. If wdw is going to install self checkout kiosks in stores, for example, that’s a huge undertaking that could take weeks if not months to make reality. Putting hand sanitizers at the entrance AND exit of every attraction takes an insane amount of product and manpower they may not have right now. They can’t open until whatever planning they’ve done is implemented which no doubt isn’t ready to go tomorrow.

What about goggles? Touching a contaminated surface then touching/rubbing your eyes is a way to transmit Covid-19

Yep, true. Just like wearing other protective devices, say a bullet proof vest doesn't protect your entire body. Would you still wear the vest if you were going into a situation where there might be gunfire? Extreme example, I know, but trying to make a point.

I don’t think anyone is doubting that Disney is eating/drinking/sleeping covid-19 prep and planning, but implementation is different. Getting quotes to move forward with implementation. Getting supplies and workers for implementation while there’s been social distancing and stay at home orders. If wdw is going to install self checkout kiosks in stores, for example, that’s a huge undertaking that could take weeks if not months to make reality. Putting hand sanitizers at the entrance AND exit of every attraction takes an insane amount of product and manpower they may not have right now. They can’t open until whatever planning they’ve done is implemented which no doubt isn’t ready to go tomorrow.

That's a great point, but to wit, if their plans would take several months from this point I doubt that would be the plan for long. They're looking to optimize timing - that means something safe and efficient that can be accomplished in likely a few weeks, not months, as long as those factors like sourcing available supplies are in their control (and for the right price I'm pretty sure P&G can pump out a ton of sanitizer).

Just saw this on twitter. Villains after hours events cancelled through July
My nephew just bought tickets for the July 10th event yesterday and you can still purchase tickets for it on the website. Are you sure about it being cancelled through July? I couldn't make out all the verbiage on your screenshot. I didn't see any dates on there.

My nephew just bought tickets for the July 10th event yesterday and you can still purchase tickets for it on the website. Are you sure about it being cancelled through July? I couldn't make out all the verbiage on your screenshot. I didn't see any dates on there.
That's what the Disney blog who tweeted it out was reporting but yes, someone else specifically pointed out the July 10th date and said they could still buy tickets online for it today, so maybe that email got sent out prematurely?

That's a great point, but to wit, if their plans would take several months from this point I doubt that would be the plan for long. They're looking to optimize timing - that means something safe and efficient that can be accomplished in likely a few weeks, not months, as long as those factors like sourcing available supplies are in their control (and for the right price I'm pretty sure P&G can pump out a ton of sanitizer).

Have you tried to buy hand sanitizer since this all started? It is non-existent. Even Amazon doesn't have it saying that all hand sanitizer goes to medical places right not. Sure, Disney has a huge buying power but they are competing against hospitals for this product.

Wow, then why not cancel the last scheduled event on July 10th? The June dates are still available for purchase as well, so I'm not sure what to think. The blog talks about receiving numerous erroneous cancelation emails. We really can't glean much from these things. Seeing any cancellation notices as far out as July gives me pause though. Our trip begins July 6th. Yikes!

Last edited:
I cannot find a date on this being lifted. First the executive order was until May 8th but then I heard it was extended. What Is the date?
No new date but the existing Executive order was extended as part of the new EO that announced Phase 1 but no end date was set.

Dave

Agree. Governor Desantis mentioned that he is not concerned about supply chain issues with any of the large corporations. I could be wrong but I think he specifically used Disney as an example (don’t quote me, but I’m pretty sure). He then followed it up with wanting to ensure the smaller businesses had what they needed to open safely.

Wow, then why not cancel the last scheduled event on July 10th? The June dates are still available for purchase as well, so I'm not sure what to think. We really can't glean much from these things. Cancelling anything as far out at July gives me pause though. Our trip begins July 6th. Yikes!
Yeah I'm starting to think they got that email by mistake. Or it got sent out prematurely somehow.

Wow, then why not cancel the last scheduled event on July 10th? The June dates are still available for purchase as well, so I'm not sure what to think. We really can't glean much from these things. Cancelling anything as far out at July gives me pause though. Our trip begins July 6th. Yikes!
It’s probably all the VAH dates, looks like the blogger just worded it like that. Or it could just be a complete error, unless someone else gets an email soon. They are definitely working on the ticket front as they just pulled the 4 park magic tickets too.

Plastic/plexiglass shields separating the cashier from the customers can be installed in days not months. I have no doubt the sanitizer dispensers were ordered the day Disney thought about closing.

Deciding when, if ever, guests are required to wear masks and how to enforce such rule is a big issue.

Think of mask rules being similar to smoking policy. Non-smoking rules don't benefit the smoker. Cloth mask aren't intended to give protection to the wearer but rather other guests. IF Disney thinks masks are necessary then Disney must enforce the rule. Give the guest a warning, give the guest a mask and scan their magic band. Three strikes and their magic band will turn red when the enter an attraction or enter a park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter