• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. People are ignorant and selfish.

During our last trip, we RD'd DHS and were at the very front of the crowd headed down Sunset Blvd. This was before they started lining people up in separate, proper lines for RnRC and ToT, so the CMs just held up the whole crowd on Sunset Blvd.

Most people just politely filled the in the space behind those who were already there. However, after we'd all been waiting patiently for about 10-15 minutes, a family comes strolling right down the sidewalk, past the obvious, large crowd in the street, and right past the line of ToT CMs without even breaking stride. A CM quickly ran up to them, and explained that they couldn't go any further, and pointed back at the waiting crowd.

Then, if it weren't bad enough that they were completely oblivious to the huge crowd of people and seemingly never considered why everyone was just stopped and waiting, once they were informed as to the situation, rather than doing the considerate thing and going to the back of the crowd, they just stepped back to the other side of the CMs and stood next to us at the very front. 🤦‍♂️ I could tell I wasn't the only one who noticed, as other people next to us (who had also been waiting there the whole time) were visibly and audibly upset with the inconsiderate newcomers.

So, given past experience, I have a strong suspicion that, whatever procedures Disney puts in place, there will be a large number of people who disregard them - out of ignorance, selfishness, or both. Unfortunately, now, that disregard will be much more serious than just inconveniencing others, so it will be interesting to see how well Disney will be able to enforce things.
You are way more patient than myself. I for one love confrontation and love to confront people like that. I know when I would get done they would go to the back of the line. I called a lady out a few years ago on Black Friday fo jumping in front of a bunch of people.

You are way more patient than myself. I for one love confrontation and love to confront people like that. I know when I would get done they would go to the back of the line. I called a lady out a few years ago on Black Friday fo jumping in front of a bunch of people.
I’m too scared park security will be called & I’ll get thrown out with them 😞

Its reasons like that and the " its doesn't affect me so why should I care" attitude why there will be a huge jump in cases when theme parks open. Add in the spoiled Disney families who act like they can do what they want cause they spent big bucks. Like I said before it really isn't hard to stay 6 ft from others. Then again most GP don't know how to understand the simple step of seatbelt first then lap bar on a coaster.

That's three pretty big assumptions. You're assuming that there will be enough people who a) after six weeks of self-isolation are both asymptomatic and still contagious, b) will not be wearing masks, ignoring social distancing and will be coughing on other people despite everyone being precautious and c) even in the Florida heat and sunlight there will be enough coincidental transmission to create a huge jump in cases.

Maybe, but it's not a given.

On the subject of if only MK will open or if all parks will open, wouldn't it make more sense to open all 4 to better disperse the crowd? I would think if only MK is open, everyone will flock there.

I hope we hear something soon! Very anxious about my late June trip!
I agree and I'm in the exact same boat!

That's three pretty big assumptions. You're assuming that there will be enough people who a) after six weeks of self-isolation are both asymptomatic and still contagious, b) will not be wearing masks, ignoring social distancing and will be coughing on other people despite everyone being precautious and c) even in the Florida heat and sunlight there will be enough coincidental transmission to create a huge jump in cases.

Maybe, but it's not a given.

How many people have actually isolated themselves for six-ish weeks though? Those who lost their job or work from home have still been going to the grocery store, gas station, taking walks, getting take out, etc. Yes, some have literally isolated themselves, but I’d bet it isn’t very many. Then there’s those of us who still work outside the home. The people who are literally isolated are also the people who probably won’t go to a theme park for a long time.

Just realized this is probably the end of the Pecos Bills topping bar. I’ll live without fireworks, but not jalapeños and sour cream.
Maybe they could have pre-portioned containers of toppings that are kept behind the counter and distributed by CMs. Obviously just speculation, but it certainly seems possible. Don't give up hope on your toppings dreams just yet!

How many people have actually isolated themselves for six-ish weeks though? Those who lost their job or work from home have still been going to the grocery store, gas station, taking walks, getting take out, etc. Yes, some have literally isolated themselves, but I’d bet it isn’t very many. Then there’s those of us who still work outside the home. The people who are literally isolated are also the people who probably won’t go to a theme park for a long time.
If you’re doing all those things then what are you afraid of?

I know what you're saying but if that's going to be the way people think of it, why did we bother with any of it? If the idea of remaining closed is going to disregard all the things people have gone through for the last six weeks -- all the lost things, schools, jobs, livelihoods, events, milestones, goodbyes to loved ones, all of it -- and say, yeah, but since it wasn't really isolation, it didn't really help, then what was the point?

Jealous of the FP makers, if we go it'll have to be a little last-minute so it'll take a LOT of refreshing to get good FPs (if at all)...but, I don't mind, I've done trips before with NO FPs at all and still enjoyed every minute and got to do everything we wanted. I'll just be happy to be there with a personal stash of lysol wipes, wearing my mask and my ears.

Exactly! You are no more likely to get the virus from Disney than you are from the grocery store or Walmart or wherever as long as you take personal responsibilty. Wash your hands frequently and keep your hands out of your eyes, mouth, and nose and you'll be fine.
What grocery store do you go to that has 20k-50k people in it at once?

More people = more of a chance of an/many infected person/s spreading it. That is why cities are a higher risk than people in the burbs or rural areas.

Exactly! You are no more likely to get the virus from Disney than you are from the grocery store or Walmart or wherever as long as you take personal responsibilty. Wash your hands frequently and keep your hands out of your eyes, mouth, and nose and you'll be fine.

But will Disney take the same precausions that the grocery stores are taking? At least by us they are drastically reducing the # of people allowed in the store at one time and having a 1 in, 1 out policy (plus families are requested to only have one person from a family it at any one time).

Masks are mandatory and social distancing is required. the aisles are set up to only be one way restricting movement back and forth. In some, the carts are being wiped down prior to each use. Plus you are only allowed to by a max of 2 of any item

and there are special hours (usually the first 1-2 hours) that are restricted to only allowing seniors and immune compromised people in the stores at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter