Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is a short term question - for example, if they aren't operating table service restaurants, would the wait staff be willing to train in attractions?
See now, that makes me nervous. The survey also asked about “limited” restaurants and bars. So, that’s two places where we are seeing references to reduced or no TS restaurants. I hope it’s just reduced capacity, and not that they are thinking of not having TS. Because, gosh darn it, I will put my mask on, but I don’t think anyone in my family wants to just do QS.

Could be a possible sign of June opening. Good way to control initial crowds. Resort guests only and only those already booked...
The only thing that gives me that hope, and that’s not much, is when DLR made their announcement, they clearly said closed until July. The WDW info sent to TA’s just says no new bookings. Why they would send that to TA’s knowing it would get out before making an announcement is beyond me.

The only thing that gives me that hope, and that’s not much, is when DLR made their announcement, they clearly said closed until July. The WDW info sent to TA’s just says no new bookings. Why they would send that to TA’s knowing it would get out before making an announcement is beyond me.
I am hoping the theory that it's not existing reservations, just no new ones. They may have the capacity they want/need already reserved in June and don't want to push it?

It’s one of those things that wasn’t supposed to be out to the public but for TAs and travel groups. Nothing stays quiet for long though.
Good thing Disney told them and those groups leak like a sieve or else how would Disney World have know they weren’t supposed to allow June reservations?

I doubt they would open for a whole month with no new bookings available. A week or two maybe but doubt a whole month.
Also, even if they do open DVC resorts, that's kind of a different animal. It wouldn't mean that the parks are open necessarily. Also, not all DVC resorts are located at DL/WDW...

Can you link to the announcement? I have not seen one in which Disneyland said they are closed through July, just that they are accepting reservations starting July 1.

Also, even if they do open DVC resorts, that's kind of a different animal. It wouldn't mean that the parks are open necessarily. Also, not all DVC resorts are located at DL/WDW...
I think the person in charge of the DVC IT peaced out because it’s Friday night. Poor person is gonna pick up their phone eventually and all hell is gonna break lose on them 😆

or the Rumor that MK and MK resorts will be the first to open.
True, it might also be necessary if the college program cast members weren’t evenly distributed through the workforce. They may need some full time cast members to fill roles that would traditionally have been college program.

"if your role is not recalled are you willing to cross train into another role"

This was an ominous question. I wonder what roles would not be recalled? Those attached to nighttime shows or parades?
Hotels (I assume they’ll only open certain resorts if the park is far below capacity), daytime shows, meet & greet characters and handlers, spa employees, BBB, the list is long of things unlikely to open at the open.

I think the person in charge of the DVC IT peaced out because it’s Friday night. Poor person is gonna pick up their phone eventually and all hell is gonna break lose on them 😆

I really don't think that it's an IT glitch. #1 rule in IT is NEVER run an update on a Friday night, unless absolutely necessary. I'm leaning more toward the "crap, the code was supposed to prevent reservations on both sides of the country, not just one!" camp, and it's an emergency fix that they tried to do under the radar.

The site that must not be named just tweeted that WDW is taking reservations starting July 1.
I am new to dis boards. What are you talking about? I don’t get it. I get you can’t name a site. Are you saying that June is going to be cancelled. I’m sorry i don’t get it

True, it might also be necessary if the college program cast members weren’t evenly distributed through the workforce. They may need some full time cast members to fill roles that would traditionally have been college program.

Agreed. Same goes for World showcase. Regular CM’s could easily work in the place of international cp’s until a new group comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter