Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also re: the removal of kitchen items from rooms I would love to know how that will work with DVC rooms. We only ever do one bedrooms and we fly down, the fact that the kitchen was fully stocked - with glasses, dishes, pots and pans, etc - was one of the selling points to me.
I can't bring that stuff every time I travel, and I'm not buying it every time I go - and that cannot be a reasonable suggestion - so I'm not sure how this will play out.
I would think timeshares aren’t included it that. It’s not practical for all FL timeshares to remove everything in kitchens.

So many folks have made it through all the stages to finally get to acceptance. But there's will always be a few hold outs.
That’s me. I went from saying no masks to ordering my masks from Disney. Although my grandma passed away this week in a nursing home (not covid) and we went from seeing her several times a week to just being able to FaceTime once a week. We are heartbroken that she died alone. Me and my mom have taken many trips to Disney together but haven’t been since my grandma went to the nursing home cause we didn’t want to leave her. A Disney trip, even with a mask, sometime around January or February is something that mom and I are looking forward to planning. Gives us something to look forward to.

That’s me. I went from saying no masks to ordering my masks from Disney. Although my grandma passed away this week in a nursing home (not covid) and we went from seeing her several times a week to just being able to FaceTime once a week. We are heartbroken that she died alone. Me and my mom have taken many trips to Disney together but haven’t been since my grandma went to the nursing home cause we didn’t want to leave her. A Disney trip, even with a mask, sometime around January or February is something that mom and I are looking forward to planning. Gives us something to look forward to.
I very much hope you two get to go!

question: does anyone here know if we have any way of tracking shipments into WDW or light activity regarding things? Not announcements or official news, but lil pieces of info that might mean something important (like reopening)?

also, how is construction going in the area? have restrictions being lifted slightly booted that back up?

sorry if these were already answered earlier!

I think it’s interesting that while SC is opening beaches, pools, hotels, restaurants etc.. Disney is making no moves to open their Hilton Head resort. They’re definitely being cautious..
Right. My guess is that might be DVC related though.

No doubt they want to see for themselves how people act on Disney property and what comes from their own reopenings and modifications. Sure they can lean on data from other places but they’re obviously taking things more seriously than even most governors. So, one step at a time we go.

Interesting. You assume all risks. I mean all companies gotta protect themselves from lawsuits. You k ow people are going to try and sue the big companies if they get the virus AT someplace like Disney World (though it would be hard to prove that).

Disney was always going to put a disclaimer like that on. It doesn't give them 100% protection but there was no way their lawyers were no goign to require it.

The kind of mask you wear makes a huge difference, I mean, night and day! A lot of these homemade masks are really thick and make breathing hard, I have one from my sister that is a good mask all things considered, but it gets uncomfortable to wear longer than a short shopping trip, and would be too hot to wear outside in the heat. I have non-surgical disposable masks that are far more comfortable and easy to breathe, and I plan to use them in the mornings at the park and put them in a bag I will take to dispose of them that is sealed (well, a ziploc bag). Today I got some brand new masks from Jaanuu (my favorite scrub company) that has a breathable mesh fabric on the side that touches your face, and the outside is a moisture wicking scrub material that is treated with an antimicrobial. That thing is a game changer, air moves well when you breathe, and for once I didn't feel like I was suffocating or giving myself a steamed breath facial. It was already near 80 and humid outside so I went out and moved around in the sun with it on, and I could 100% wear it for long periods of time, and will be ordering more for myself. They are a nicer mask so I plan on wearing them more in the afternoon/evening when we have ADRs (as long as those are still a go), but I could honestly wear them for most of the day no problem. Masks are most definitely not created equal. Also, as someone who has worked in an insurance company.....they don't care.

Thank you so much for the practical recommendation! I just ordered from them to have what I need for our July trip and for work.

question: does anyone here know if we have any way of tracking shipments into WDW or light activity regarding things? Not announcements or official news, but lil pieces of info that might mean something important (like reopening)?

also, how is construction going in the area? have restrictions being lifted slightly booted that back up?

There would be a lot of activity going on at the warehouses on Buena Vista Drive.

I had scheduled a surprise first trip for the kids for April break, which I then pushed to first week of September but it sounds like I need to throw in the towel and cancel based on these modified experiences. I completely respect and appreciate the rationale behind masks for everyone over age 3, no character meets, etc but I just can’t imagine a first disney trip with kids like this. Also, while I always wear a mask whenever I go out, there’s just no way I can make the kids wear one all day, especially in the Florida heat. My 7yo barely tolerates a mask for 10 mins and my 4yo is even more oppositional, sigh. And while I do hear that the disposable surgical ones are more comfortable, I haven’t seen any that fit kids so they have cloth ones, which feel brutal after a while. I’m so so bummed. What was intended as a surprise “7th birthday” trip will I guess never happen. :(

I believe they were technically allowed to continue construction the entire time and decided not to on their own accord. Disneyland has continued construction on MMRR and Avengers campus, but I don’t believe they’re doing anything major, just small touch up work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter