Rumor about Wave redo....

Staying here TPV in December, was wanting to try the Wave as we have done CG many times. Looks like we will be out of luck unless they do the redo in short order.

I definitely have concerns about their re-doing The Wave because it was one of my top restaurants. I'm okay if they re-do the theming as long as they don't make it a super dark place, but the menu and quality of food and service there were outstanding so I hope that continues. I also loved that it was not a signature restaurant and had menu options in a "medium" price range. Turning this into a high-end steakhouse - that would be a huge disappointment.

As BLT is one of our homes, we love the wave. It's our go-to for breakfast. Last time we were there, had one of the best waiters in all of Disney. He was a star wars fan like us. I don't remember his name, but he was from England. Ee were geeking out about the full sized droid they had on sale.

In any event, I don't mind a refresh of the decor, but I would be against any major changes.

I think we must have been there on an off night at The Wave last year - heard only good things going in, but our dinner was the worst meal of our trip. Granted, this was also September 2020 so could have been logistically challenging with recently reopening and perhaps COVID-related stresses on staffing. Our server was lovely!

Well, the old Concourse Steakhouse that used to be at the Contemporary was fantastic, so if they go back to that menu, I'm all in. They had the best French Onion soup.

I was underwhelmed with the Wave on our 2 visits there in 2019. It was fine, but nothing special at all.

Thematically it sounds like a great change, the wave isn't that exciting aesthetically. I hope it doesn't change the menu much as I agree with everyone else, it already had a great menu. They better not take away the sweet potato pancakes!

Also be glad it isn't being turned into the Incredisteakhouse...

This will probably be unpopular, but I ate at the Wave at Christmas time with my adult children and it was meh at best. I was really disappointed. And the dining room itself was outdated. I had no plans on ever returning. I am VERY excited to hear of this rumored change. Steakhouse 55 was amazing last time I was in DL (admittedly 9ish years ago)! SOOO good. Could easily become the best restaurant on property if done right.

This will probably be unpopular, but I ate at the Wave at Christmas time with my adult children and it was meh at best. I was really disappointed. And the dining room itself was outdated. I had no plans on ever returning. I am VERY excited to hear of this rumored change. Steakhouse 55 was amazing last time I was in DL (admittedly 9ish years ago)! SOOO good. Could easily become the best restaurant on property if done right.

I agree on all counts! The only thing that makes me doubt this rumor is that they already have another signature restaurant and a character meal. For those who just want to pop in and eat with the family, there kind of needs to be a "base" option.

The Wave is incredibly inconsistent, but we eat breakfast there a lot because it's convenient. The restaurant itself is quite drab, and could be dropped into any chain hotel in the country so I'd love a refresh on that!

The Concourse Steakhouse was very good, and Steakhouse 55 is very good, so if it's somewhere in that realm I'd be good with it. Just as long as it continues serving breakfast :)

We ate there as a last minute walk-up on June 13th to avoid a downpour. Wow. The Wave was delicious. We loved our food, especially the strawberry salad and the gnocchi and the creme brulee was so awesome.

I'm probably spelling things wrong but I'm about to go to bed and too tired to look up spellings.

For our seven park days we went to Epcot three days and tried just about every food there and we still all declared our Wave meal the best. Doubt we'll bother with a steakhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter