Rumor: Bob Chapek and The Board To Moderate Thru Companies Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, companies "being political" is not new at all, and when you live in a capitalistic society it's pretty necessary. That's the beauty of private, non-governernment-based organizations: they're empowered and able to essentially do whatever they please within the law.

This rumor seems to be pretty false given Disney has declared support for the "Respect For Marriage Act" that's being discussed in the Senate. Universal has also shown their support. As the father of a gay teen, I'm perfectly fine with Disney standing behind the LGBTQ+ community. Disney has a long tradition of acceptance and I hope that continues.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...n-letter-respect-for-marriage-act-1235188386/

There is a difference between supporting certain legislation (or opposing) and outwardly voicing your opinion. For example they could support through company policies.

I mean hello?!?! Roe v Wade was overturned!! And Disney didn’t say a darn thing. No one finds that a change in policy? Instead they created new employee policies that supported women who wanted to get an abortion. (I think they are paying for transportation to other states in which a women can get an abortion… something like that). So I think this is already happening.

The new policy is “shut your mouth, hire more lobbyists and support those you can through policy, HR initiatives”

The reason why silence speaks loudly at a company like Disney is that many "political" issues today are actually social justice issues that political parties have glommed onto. For instance, Disney standing behind gay rights when they are being targeted isn't inherently political. It's standing behind their employees and the people who fall into this category who visit their parks. This did not need to be a political issue, but a political party chose to attack it in the name of politics. Which then forces Disney to "be political" to stand up for employees in their company, as remaining silent is just letting a government entity harm their employees.
This post right here says it all. Love it!

Ridiculous - WDW wouldn’t exist if Disney didn’t get involved in politics. If they feel policies are unfair or unfavorable, they have an obligation to chime in.

This is also why they have to stay involved. It's one thing for a company that's never said anything to stay quiet and appear neutral because of it. It's entirely different when a company that's been known to speak out about things, update internal policies etc to not show their support to one side or the other.

This was one of my favorite troll accounts along with old lady, but it's been repetitive lately. It eventually devolves into points given and threads are locked, so why change what works I guess?
This is not a troll behavior. I'm not a troll. I just post what I just post. And again, take this rumor as a grain of salt.

Because by not chiming in, you are implicitly agreeing with the current situation (whatever that is)… not choosing shows your choice
This brings to mind the Lincoln/Douglas debate in the old Hall of Presidents show. Douglas says he doesn't care if slavery is voted up or down. Lincoln says that a man can only say that if he sees nothing wrong with slavery, because no man can logically say he doesn't care if wrong is voted up or down.

There is a difference between supporting certain legislation (or opposing) and outwardly voicing your opinion. For example they could support through company policies.

I mean hello?!?! Roe v Wade was overturned!! And Disney didn’t say a darn thing. No one finds that a change in policy? Instead they created new employee policies that supported women who wanted to get an abortion. (I think they are paying for transportation to other states in which a women can get an abortion… something like that). So I think this is already happening.

The new policy is “shut your mouth, hire more lobbyists and support those you can through policy, HR initiatives”
More approppriate to comment upon state law resulting from votes by legislators the company supports or doesn't financially (as most major companies do), than a SCOTUS ruling.

But TWDC DID act on Roe as you said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/roe-v-wade-decision-disney-sends-memo-to-employees.html

I'm starting to think I'm in trouble again. I knew posting this rumor is a bad idea. I know I'm not a moderator, but if this thread needs to be closed for a reason, go ahead. And maybe I'll just take a sabbatical leave of absence once again. I'm sorry if I made this thread that makes it so controversial to everybody. :sad1:

Okay, first of all, before I post this rumor, I want to apologize the way I acted earlier. I was worried about Disney, because their losing money and I thought they should be shutdown forever. But, to help me cool my obsession, I made a sign in my room says “Disney Will Survive. This Too Shall Pass.” I’ll do my best to do better.

And now, to this rumor. I found this website called ThatParkPlace.com that there’s a rumor that Bob Chapek and the Board to moderate policies to keep away from political divisive situations: https://thatparkplace.com/rumor-bob-chapek-and-disney-board-to-moderate-thru-company-policies/ Now, I’m not going to say anymore and I don’t want to be in trouble. So, let’s discuss this in a fair and respectable way. Thank you.

If it's any comfort, there are still many of us around who survived (as TWDC did) the ousting of my hero Roy E. Disney during the Eisner coup.

2003:

https://www.mouseplanet.com/11377/When_Roy_E_Disney_Resigned_from_Disney_Twice

Ridiculous - WDW wouldn’t exist if Disney didn’t get involved in politics. If they feel policies are unfair or unfavorable, they have an obligation to chime in.

Who is "they"? If "they" are speaking on behalf of employees, what about employees that don't agree? Why should "they" speak up publicly for the beliefs of one group of employees and not for others.

If leaders of a company want to show employees they support their cause, they can do it on their own time, with their own money. Dragging the company into their mess is poor leadership.

And no, politics didn't build Disney.

I think you are right. And mostly how it should be. Disney can run their little magical world however they want, within the law. The problems start when they start to tell everyone else how to run their world. Leave that to the folks that are elected by the people. Corps and CEOs aren't the moral compass for the entire country. They will ALWAYS side with what is best for their bottom line.

Who is "they"? If "they" are speaking on behalf of employees, what about employees that don't agree? Why should "they" speak up publicly for the beliefs of one group of employees and not for others.

If leaders of a company want to show employees they support their cause, they can do it on their own time, with their own money. Dragging the company into their mess is poor leadership.

And no, politics didn't build Disney.
I couldn't agree more. Besides, being political in front of kids, families, and fans like us is hurting Disney so much. If the rumor is true, then hopefully things starts to turn around next yea, even if it takes time.

I just have to chime in to say how I love when people think companies must speak for their employees as if all of their employees actually agree and are too helpless to speak for themselves while also ignoring the fact that their employees are very much the population who is voting/supporting whatever issue they might decide to tackle.

I just have to chime in to say how I love when people think companies must speak for their employees as if all of their employees actually agree and are too helpless to speak for themselves while also ignoring the fact that their employees are very much the population who is voting/supporting whatever issue they might decide to tackle.

And then fire someone like Gina Carano for voicing her own opinion on her own time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter