Rumor has it the guy who character was Gaston atWDW who's push up challenge went viral was suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the absent of this particular Gaston will remain a mystery, as who really knows beside him and Disney. He was in my opinion the Andrew Dice Clay of the Gaston characters there, and was the best at It, ( your all probably to young to even know this actor comedian but this is a pretty accurate comparison, Disney version mind you, LOL. He was so entertaining and will be missed as the others are honestly the water down version. I usually Don't really do character meet and greets but he drew a crowd in and struck my curiosity and it was contagious.. So.... sure there is a story there, we will never know for sure, and of course wish him great success...[/QUOTE
QUOTE]

LOVE DICE CLAY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the thing is that Gaston is an offensive individual so if people are looking for nice interactions then they really would be better off staring clear of characters like Gaston. There aren't many bad guy face characters that meet regularly at Disney and this is likely the reason why

Great point. it's like Jack Sparrow. Though I generally avoid characters, I loved watching him talk with others (and the way two Jacks spoke with my son on two visits just made my family so happy) and would watch from afar. And some people really seemed to think he should both be Captain Jack AND Mickey Mouse. If he got piratey they wouldn't like it. Silly. PIRATE.

And so Disney made up some ridiculous reasons to get rid of him.

Most people are fired not for not getting along with people. Which is a euphemism for arguing with their boss. Gaston probably stayed in-character a little bit too much if you know what I mean (so much for method acting)

He probably already has a gig at Universal HHN.

Great point. it's like Jack Sparrow. Though I generally avoid characters, I loved watching him talk with others (and the way two Jacks spoke with my son on two visits just made my family so happy) and would watch from afar. And some people really seemed to think he should both be Captain Jack AND Mickey Mouse. If he got piratey they wouldn't like it. Silly. PIRATE.

And so Disney made up some ridiculous reasons to get rid of him.

except Jack Sparrow is more of a hero even if his behaviour is unrefined. Gaston is supposed to have zero redeeming qualities

I don't believe he was fired, but I can tell you he did get a talking to about letting his costume touch the ground. That really upset the managers.

I don't believe he was fired, but I can tell you he did get a talking to about letting his costume touch the ground. That really upset the managers.

Is this first or second hand knowledge,..... are you a cast member or perhaps a friend of one and heard this? Honestly him kneeling on one knee ( to the ground ) to talk to a child is more apt to get worn and torn and soiled then a slight brush of a chest, which he never seemed to go that low... I think face characters should have a little more freedom especially when they come up with some brilliant creative way to draw in a crowd and make the Disney experience that much more memorable for us... Seems like a no brainier, my family likes, my family goes back and we spend money while in the parks... I'm bored, I'm gonna leave. Funny because we were on our way out of the park and stood there for his whole meet and greet, thoroughly entertained, then we decided to just grab dinner in the kingdom...

Is this first or second hand knowledge,..... are you a cast member or perhaps a friend of one and heard this? Honestly him kneeling on one knee ( to the ground ) to talk to a child is more apt to get worn and torn and soiled then a slight brush of a chest, which he never seemed to go that low... I think face characters should have a little more freedom especially when they come up with some brilliant creative way to draw in a crowd and make the Disney experience that much more memorable for us... Seems like a no brainier, my family likes, my family goes back and we spend money while in the parks... I'm bored, I'm gonna leave. Funny because we were on our way out of the park and stood there for his whole meet and greet, thoroughly entertained, then we decided to just grab dinner in the kingdom...

I'll admit it's second-hand as I'm not a CM but I've heard the same thing separately from a number of folks familiar (in some cases, very familiar) with the situation (sorry, can't get more specific but I don't want to get people in trouble). This has also been relayed on the internet by other sources as well, which is the only reason I said anything. Not quite sure anything more than that or his current whereabouts/job. I agree with you completely though; it's a real shame. Gaston does make for great people watching though.

I'll admit it's second-hand as I'm not a CM but I've heard the same thing separately from a number of folks familiar (in some cases, very familiar) with the situation (sorry, can't get more specific but I don't want to get people in trouble). This has also been relayed on the internet by other sources as well, which is the only reason I said anything. Not quite sure anything more than that or his current whereabouts/job. I agree with you completely though; it's a real shame. Gaston does make for great people watching though.

Completely respect that...... thanks for the info :thanks:

Is it at all possible that he is still there or for sure he is gone? The reason I ask is because we were there a few weeks ago for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. While I was waiting for her near Gaston's Tavern I was standing in the shade across from the restrooms and Gaston was leaving his m&g and stepped out in front of me accidentally as I was walking over to help my Grandma. I stepped back and said "I'm sorry." And he replied "You should be! You almost got in my way!" Lol:laughing: Anyway, the reason I have a small suspicion it was him is because like another poster had mentioned this Gaston sounds very similar to Andrew Dice Clay and although I didn't get a chance to study his face, as I was caught off guard, it sounded just like him....or maybe they've all just taken to talking like him because he was so good.

Is it at all possible that he is still there or for sure he is gone? The reason I ask is because we were there a few weeks ago for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. While I was waiting for her near Gaston's Tavern I was standing in the shade across from the restrooms and Gaston was leaving his m&g and stepped out in front of me accidentally as I was walking over to help my Grandma. I stepped back and said "I'm sorry." And he replied "You should be! You almost got in my way!" Lol:laughing: Anyway, the reason I have a small suspicion it was him is because like another poster had mentioned this Gaston sounds very similar to Andrew Dice Clay and although I didn't get a chance to study his face, as I was caught off guard, it sounded just like him....or maybe they've all just taken to talking like him because he was so good.
I doubt it. It was probably someone else.

Hate to say, but I believe the Gaston doing this was from Maine where I live, and passed away in a firework mishap on July 4. I know he had played Gaston and pretty sure he was the one from this video.....even if not, very sad.

Hate to say, but I believe the Gaston doing this was from Maine where I live, and passed away in a firework mishap on July 4. I know he had played Gaston and pretty sure he was the one from this video.....even if not, very sad.

It was a different Gaston. The one that did the push up contest has the most viral videos. Totally different guy, IIRC.

The Gaston everybody is talking about still works at Disney, but is no longer a face charter. His instagram name is in the comments on one of the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter