Rumor has it the guy who character was Gaston atWDW who's push up challenge went viral was suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CM friend of mine mention he had been fired due to some specific interactions with guests who happened to be underage and whose "parents" were upset. Speculation could be thrown around about any number of situations, but she did say he had been fired for a number of reasons and that was the icing on the cake. It's unfortunate. I saw him on my trip in November and thought he was the perfect Gaston. We didn't M&G with him, but sat nearby and watched. He really made the guests happy, but I could see Disney's POV too.

If he was fired for some ridiculous reason, here's hoping he's on to bigger and better things!

We met this particular Gaston in December 2014 and he was very entertaining. I would say he had the Gaston persona down perfectly. I was hoping to see "him" again this year when we are there. Bummer.

Have there been the same consequences for the CM who plays Peter Pan on the youtube videos online? I know there is one particular Peter Pan that is very popular in videos.

So sad that I won't get to see the push-ups Gaston in person, he looked like such a fun character to meet!

Have there been the same consequences for the CM who plays Peter Pan on the youtube videos online? I know there is one particular Peter Pan that is very popular in videos.

So sad that I won't get to see the push-ups Gaston in person, he looked like such a fun character to meet!

If you are talking about Speiling Peter in Disneyland, I believe he left several years ago. There hasn't been one in recent years that has been that popular

That was probably the one I'm thinking of! Too bad. Good CMs really make the experience even more magical.

They really do, but I there are still great reports coming out of DLR about Peter interactions which is great. DLR has a lot more freedom with character interactions than WDW does, so they always seem to have fun out there.

And don't worry about not meeting that specific Gaston, they are all amazing to interact with.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we ran into this Gaston in December when we were there. I thought he was funny but I could definitely see how someone could have gotten offended. Though I'd have told them to relax, I can see Disney's POV.

Well the guy is in good shape however not much of a pushup that he was doing. Now on some of his other ones they were better

Well the thing is that Gaston is an offensive individual so if people are looking for nice interactions then they really would be better off staring clear of characters like Gaston. There aren't many bad guy face characters that meet regularly at Disney and this is likely the reason why

We saw him a few times when we were there in April. I agree that the others were disappointing compared to his loud performance. He was over the top and would go off on folks nearby. For instance he started yelling at a guy standing right next to me that the guy was not wearing pants! The guy was wearing camo shorts so I thought it was hilarious. We were just standing nearby, I was watching while waiting for my wife and kids to get done in the restroom...so not even in line. He was fantastic, but then later we were nearby and a very quiet Gaston was there and it just wasn't even close to the same. I would never tell a character that they were a disappointment though.

I guess the absent of this particular Gaston will remain a mystery, as who really knows beside him and Disney. He was in my opinion the Andrew Dice Clay of the Gaston characters there, and was the best at It, ( your all probably to young to even know this actor comedian but this is a pretty accurate comparison, Disney version mind you, LOL. He was so entertaining and will be missed as the others are honestly the water down version. I usually Don't really do character meet and greets but he drew a crowd in and struck my curiosity and it was contagious.. So.... sure there is a story there, we will never know for sure, and of course wish him great success...

That was a different Gaston.
I believe you are incorrect, and that it was him that died. Just look up Devon Staples and you will see it was him. Many articles mentioned the push-up video as well. Here is just one article.
(7/8/15) Like many of us, you probably heard the news headline over the July 4th weekend about how a young man in Maine apparently put a fireworks mortar tube on his head and lit it, killing himself. What has come to light later is that the young man who did this thing was named Devon Staples, who was a Walt Disney World Cast Member many of you might have seen in the past year. He played Gaston in Fantasyland (amongst other characters) where it seems he may have been the "Gaston" who became internet-famous for a short time performing some amazing interactions with guests, like arm wrestling or the famous push-up contest. So sad...

I believe you are incorrect, and that it was him that died. Just look up Devon Staples and you will see it was him. Many articles mentioned the push-up video as well. Here is just one article.
(7/8/15) Like many of us, you probably heard the news headline over the July 4th weekend about how a young man in Maine apparently put a fireworks mortar tube on his head and lit it, killing himself. What has come to light later is that the young man who did this thing was named Devon Staples, who was a Walt Disney World Cast Member many of you might have seen in the past year. He played Gaston in Fantasyland (amongst other characters) where it seems he may have been the "Gaston" who became internet-famous for a short time performing some amazing interactions with guests, like arm wrestling or the famous push-up contest. So sad...

This is the young man you are talking about that passed away, he is not the Gaston Character I am referring too.. Some friends of Gaston's did do push ups too at times, there are videos out there... They honestly don't look anything a like, well beside the costumes, the noses and shape face is way different, we saw him close up and they are not the same.... I probably know faces better than most, a hairdresser and make up artist by trade.

gaSTON.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. This is push-up Gaston. Completely different guy.

Gaston-Arm-Wrestle-girl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter