Rumor: MSEP closing?!

Nothing has been announced. The MSEP was only supposed to be at WDW for a limited time and it lasted 6 years. Spectromagic has been the rumor, but I don't think that will happen since people say that there were pins created with parts of the floats.
Spectromagic is gone like in a dumpster in a landfill gone it can't be brought back unless they built a brand new version of it.

There was some speculation (don't know if it was even based on a credible rumor) that maybe they would run FoF at night. Who the heck knows.

I do know my friend going to WDW in November is very disappointed in how this played out.
It wasn't a credible rumor but more speculation. When they tested FoF they did it at night and it has lights on it. From what I've heard it looks nice at night.

I know people are upset that WDW is at least for now losing a nighttime parade, but keep in mind that fans of Disneyland waited years for a nighttime parade to return to Disneyland Park. The MSEP at California Adventure just never felt the same to me. That is why Paint the Night was so successful and people waited 4 hours or more for that parade everyday (I was one of them on many occasion). I can guarantee that the MSEP will be welcomed back to its home, and I am happy to see that. I also enjoyed seeing the MSEP at WDW whenever I made a trip out there. It was always a must see for me on several nights of my vacation.

Perhaps. I believe it specifically involved the Mack float.

I'll see if I can find it.

I could see that being a problem. At DL, it "only" has to turn around 90 degrees. I'm thinking at WDW it would have to make a much more complete turn.

So basically what you're telling me is George K. just let WDW get burned and it's turning into a bigger dumpster fire than it already is? If we hadn't rented DVC points I'd half consider cancelling our Feb. trip. If WDW isn't going to have a night parade in the MK, and it's simply a budget cutting measure (which if we aren't getting PTN, DreamLights, or even Fantallusion from DLP that's what it is) there's nothing they won't touch and/or cut to save a buck. But, I guess with attendance down 4%, someone had to lose their jobs.

I have so many fond memories of MSEP, the music sends chills down my back but if WDW got PTN... Let's just say I hope that's true!

If I don't have a parade to enjoy, I at least want to choose a less busy party day so I get less crowds all day.
The simplest way to achieve that is just go to a different web site that has a better crowd calendar prediction for the day you're already scheduled.

Seriously. Read some of the other threads about how individual experiences so often differ from what people thought they were getting based on the crowd calendar they used. There are so many other variables involved.

And even when the predictions or rules of thumb (like avoid MK on Sa/Su/Mo) are right, the differences between the busy days of the week and the less busy days of the week aren't that big. They're not worth getting riled up.

The simplest way to achieve that is just go to a different web site that has a better crowd calendar prediction for the day you're already scheduled.

Seriously. Read some of the other threads about how individual experiences so often differ from what people thought they were getting based on the crowd calendar they used. There are so many other variables involved.

And even when the predictions or rules of thumb (like avoid MK on Sa/Su/Mo) are right, the differences between the busy days of the week and the less busy days of the week aren't that big. They're not worth getting riled up.

I don't do any of that. I go off my own personal experience visiting WDW during party season. We've had great experience with lower crowds on party days.

I didn't read through all pages, but I know it's officially done in October. Have they said what will be replacing it? Or will they replace it?

I didn't read through all pages, but I know it's officially done in October. Have they said what will be replacing it? Or will they replace it?

No word on if they will replace it.

All the canned responses are to the effect of "Currently there are no plans to move Paint the Night to Walt Disney World."

So it appears this morning they've scrubbed the DPB of any responses to guests asking about Paint the Night where they said it's not coming to Florida. Not sure why, but that's what is showing up.

So it appears this morning they've scrubbed the DPB of any responses to guests asking about Paint the Night where they said it's not coming to Florida. Not sure why, but that's what is showing up.

:scratchin

I mean, it is the DPB so anything they have to say that might be negative must be scrubbed for the good of the Mouse. I think they're about to take a hit over this when people get there in October and there isn't a replacement - peoplea re going to expect a replacement and it looks like it isn't happening.

I mean, it is the DPB so anything they have to say that might be negative must be scrubbed for the good of the Mouse. I think they're about to take a hit over this when people get there in October and there isn't a replacement - peoplea re going to expect a replacement and it looks like it isn't happening.

So does that mean you think they are changing their minds and bringing PTN this fall anyway?

Is the verbiage now gone about it showing at DLR on select nights during the holiday season?

Or do you just think they want to keep it all more vague?

Playing Devil's advocate, maybe WDW's MK just does not need a nighttime parade for now. It seems every other night is MNSSHP or MVMCP anyway which both have dedicated parades.

I'm guessing when the holiday season wraps up they will add something, even if they run FOF twice (I wouldn't mind that) Love that parade!

Playing Devil's advocate, maybe WDW's MK just does not need a nighttime parade for now. It seems every other night is MNSSHP or MVMCP anyway which both have dedicated parades.

I'm guessing when the holiday season wraps up they will add something, even if they run FOF twice (I wouldn't mind that) Love that parade!

I was just thinking this. Why does WDW need a night time parade? You can MOVE in or out of that park from the hours of 8pm-11pm as it is.

So does that mean you think they are changing their minds and bringing PTN this fall anyway?

Is the verbiage now gone about it showing at DLR on select nights during the holiday season?

Or do you just think they want to keep it all more vague?

The blog post reads as follows:

Capture.PNG

I don't remember if it said anything last night in the actual post RE: PTN staying seasonal at DL Resort. However, I can tell you that there were responses to comments and those responses from DPB have now been scrubbed. That's all I know.

Okay - it appears there were TWO blog posts - one re: MSEP leaving MK and one re: MSEP going to DL. It is on the DL one that they've said there are no plans to bring PTN to MK, there were no responses to the post about MSEP leaving MK at WDW. So, I guess there actually hasn't been a change since last night. Sorry for the confusion.

WHY WOULD THEY HAVE TWO BLOG POSTS ON THE SAME SUBJECT???????????

as I scream "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at my computer as I selfishly want it to run while I'm there October 1-8. I realize it must close sometime, and while I know that Paint The Night can't make it here and be ready to go by October 1 it does not stop me from wishing with all might might.

Star Light, Star Bright
First Star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
have a parade called
Paint The Night

Ready to go, on October first
as no parade would be the worst.

It's seems to me my wish has been heard
as no parade would have been absurd

I'll get to see the Main Street Electrical Parade
one last time, during our stay.

A spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination
in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds
will get to fill the grounds one last time
it might even make me cry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter