Rumor of Tower of Terror Retheme Brings Playful Questions

With the situation as is, Disney's budget is going to be used to retheme RnRC before anything gets done to ToT. RnRC is going to become untenable.

I like this idea, especially tieing in RnRC for a sort of miniland. I had a similar idea of converting that area into a miniland but themed to Muppets. Tower of Terror becomes a Muppet hotel and their shenanigans cause the elevator to go haywire, RnRC gets rethemed from Aerosmith to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. The cars show could also get repurposed either into a new MuppetVision 3D or use that area for a Muppet darkride.

I think this is what will likely happen. Cheapest option as they wouldn't have to change much, just removing the Twilight Zone aspect of the name from signs and redo the preshow video for the most part. Overall the biggest change would be the 5th dimension floor needing to be redon, but should be easy to gut and wouldn't mind a new show scene there. Could film new scenes for the ride and preshow alongside the movie too to save some money on updates. I really like the ride as is so would be fine keeping it with the spooky HTH theme.
You had me at "Muppets"

Yea. Wish they were a more popular and lucrative franchise for the parks to do more with them.

You know, I don't really want them to rethem Tower of Terror at all and not to The Muppets, but I can't for the life of me figure out why The Muppets just don't catch. They are so great!

Yea. Wish they were a more popular and lucrative franchise for the parks to do more with them.
What was baffling to me was putting the LMQ show back behind the RnRC queue. If they were going to make that a theater, why not move Muppets out of the Star Wars neighborhood? Replace Aerosmith with Dr. Teeth and now you've got a whole themed land.

AND...
If you are going to add a Cars themed attraction, why stop with just the one show? Carsland in DCA is my favorite land in all of Disney and it's exactly the sort of expansion DHS needs.

DHS also needs an exit strategy for when the Starcruiser fails (and yes, it's going to ultimately fail).

Oh, but this is a ToT thread - sorry for the thread-drift. Meh - Muppets aren't a great idea there unless there are some bigger plans. Guardians works in DCA but it's the budget tower model - I don't think even that would really work with the hallway.

With Disney now owning the Lucasfilm stuff and being a huge Indian Jones fan, I think Rnrc should be an Indiana Jones themed ride. Maybe re create the mine car escape from temple of doom. Kind of sounds like tower of terror

Loved the Muppets when they were in MK. They were awesome!
I agree that this is a missed opportunity.
They could have the whole corner in HS themed to muppets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter