RUMOR: Riviera restrictions lifted as of 8/11/20

Liquidice

DIS Veteran
Reposting w/o any websites.

I got a copy of my ROFR Waiver paperwork today and it has the following verbiage:

"Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 16 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts - such as Reflections - A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points Into those 16 Resorts."

On previous contracts, it said: "Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts - such as Riviera Resort or Reflections - A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchase for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Resorts."

I won't mention the source, because my post got deleted last time I did, but a DVC Broker said that as of 8/11/20, all ROFR paperwork has the new wording with 16 resorts.

When this DVC Broker emailed asking for which 16 resorts were allowed, they were given this list:

OKW, SSR, BCV, BWALK, VWL, CCV, RVA, BLT, VGF, PVB, GCAL, AULANI, HHI, VERO, AKV, AKV2

This is just a rumor right now, and I don't know if it is true that Riviera resale restrictions have been lifted.

I also do not know if this will apply retroactively to any resale contracts purchased between 1/19/19 and 8/11/20 yet.

Someone also pointed out on the DVC Fan Facebook group where I also posted this that AKV and AKV2 contractually are treated as one resort, and therefore you cannot split AKV into AKV and AKV2. I have no insight into this, but while the list of resorts came from Disney, I do not know who they came from and it could just be an incorrect response from a CM.

Right now, people who have resale points purchased after 1/19/19 cannot book at Riviera. When my points load, I can try booking at Riviera which have the new verbiage.

Will provide any updates I find out - but right now, this is just a RUMOR although I can 100% confirm the updated wording in the ROFR Waiver email.

I had thought Reflections was dead, but since they still mention it within the changed section it may just be delayed for a while.

I posted in the DVC forums, but I can not book RIV with my resale ponts that closed in July. It allows me to search, because I have SSR points that can book it.

So, as of today, there is no official change, Other have posted that they can not longer even search RIV if they only own resale purchased after the restrctions,

It will be very interesting to see what this is all about. It is definitely an interesting development.

I posted in the DVC forums, but I can not book RIV with my resale ponts that closed in July. It allows me to search, because I have SSR points that can book it.

So, as of today, there is no official change, Other have posted that they can not longer even search RIV if they only own resale purchased after the restrctions,

It will be very interesting to see what this is all about. It is definitely an interesting development.

The change in text occurred on ROFR Waivers starting on 8/10/20. I have the updated ROFR waiver on my most recent purchase which was waived on 8/24/20, I have the contract showing up - but no points yet. Will check once the points load - but I suspect it won't work yet either. Just hoping at some point there is an official recognition of this change, or worse - they admit they made a mistake with that wording.

The change in text occurred on ROFR Waivers starting on 8/10/20. I have the updated ROFR waiver on my most recent purchase which was waived on 8/24/20, I have the contract showing up - but no points yet. Will check once the points load - but I suspect it won't work yet either. Just hoping at some point there is an official recognition of this change, or worse - they admit they made a mistake with that wording.

That’s true but the date did not change with the updated wording. The new version kept the Jan 2019 date in there so that means all contracts after that date , if true, would be eligible.

I sent an email to DVC since I am a RIV owner as well. We shall see.

But it’s weird because I had a VGF resale contract that was sent to Disney around 8/20 and I believe my waiver had the O14 verbiage, so I’m very confused. I do find it interesting DVC hasn’t said anything as of now. This has gotten picked up on enough sites that you’d think they’d come out and say something, especially if it’s a clerical error.

But it’s weird because I had a VGF resale contract that was sent to Disney around 8/20 and I believe my waiver had the O14 verbiage, so I’m very confused. I do find it interesting DVC hasn’t said anything as of now. This has gotten picked up on enough sites that you’d think they’d come out and say something, especially if it’s a clerical error.

Most brokers just used the default language they had received from DVC in the past. What you are looking for is the waiver language that was sent by Disney themselves when they waive ROFR. My contract that was submitted also used the old language of 14 resorts.

Sounds like any change to the wording was a mistake and many are reporting from DVC guides and MS that the restrictions are not intended to be lifted. not sure what will happen to contracts that may have had the "mistake" language.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter