• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor: The Great Movie Ride closing for good?

KingdomHearts

Married in Disney July 6th, 2006
When we were on our way to MGM, this past trip, our boat driver told us that when MGM becomes Disney Studios that they might tear down The Great Movie Ride. I would be so upset if they did this, I love that ride. For us it is a must do on every trip! Has any one else heard this rumor? Please tell me this is not true!!

:scared1: :eek:
noooooooooo...................
the very first time I ever went to MGM I went on the Great Movie Ride with my grandparents. My grandmother kept telling me about it and couldn't wait until I saw it, she new how much I liked the Wizard of Oz.
Last year I didn't get a chance to go on it, I'll be so sad if I never get the chance again....:sad1:

I hope this is NOT true...it is a must do for us on every trip...we will be sad if they close it:sad1:

I hadn't heard that and hope it is not true. But I do believe it needs a major updating...it is getting kind of old.

Oh my stars . . . I certainly hope not! That is one of my favorite rides. That would totally shock me if this were true.

Boat driver rumors are about as reliable as bus driver rumors. In other words, not very. :)

When we were on our way to MGM, this past trip, our boat driver told us that when MGM becomes Disney Studios that they might tear down The Great Movie Ride. I would be so upset if they did this, I love that ride. For us it is a must do on every trip! Has any one else heard this rumor? Please tell me this is not true!!

Probably not true, but I would like to take this moment to compliment you on your excellent choice of screen name. :D

Boat driver rumors are about as reliable as bus driver rumors. In other words, not very. :)

LOL, on our way to Animal Kingdom this evening, the bus driver told everyone that the park was open until 11pm:rotfl:

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Noooooooooooooooo!!! My FAVE!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope this particular bus driver was talking through his bus driver's hat.

We had lunch with an imagineer and he said yes the name will change but they are not going to get rid of the great movie ride.

There was talk several years ago of taking out the GMR and replacing it with a super high-tech attraction using CAVE technology (seen partially in the interative Pirates game at DisneyQuest)

That never came to be, so GMR was saved. I do think, from hearing other rumors that it may get a major overhaul with new scenes, but dont think they'll be tearing it out...it is basically THE ride that MGM/Hollywood Studios was built around

Little known that the GMR was originally going to be just another EPCOT ride before they saw Universal was coming along and decided to try to build a park around it.

If they close this attraction - they mind as well close "the park"!!

My family will boycott! It could use some updates again though.

I would not like to see it go but I think it is in desperate need of a facelift.

Allyson

I wonder if Disney comes down on CM's who "leak" out info like that - whether it's true or not.

I'm really surprised that they don't get in trouble for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter