Rumored Changes to G+

They are charging you once to gain access to the old tier 2 fastpasses, limiting you on how many you can get and then charging you again if you want a tier 1.
I guess that is a fair point, but for some reason that does not bother me much. Maybe because 3 of the parks only have 1 ILL$ ride. It did annoy me when every park had 2 ILL$ and it would for sure irritate me if MK ended up with 3 when Tiana's opens.

I guess that is a fair point, but for some reason that does not bother me much. Maybe because 3 of the parks only have 1 ILL$ ride. It did annoy me when every park had 2 ILL$ and it would for sure irritate me if MK ended up with 3 when Tiana's opens.

I don't like the system, but regardless I still don't understand why they have to make it so complicated. Charge one price and be done with it. Don't make me relearn what's ILL and what's Genie + on every trip. You can keep it simple, still make money and guests would be a lot happier. Disney Execs for the past 10 to 15 years have really just shown no understanding of the guests that their company is trying to attract.

Good! I feel like G+ has been unfairly judged based on the cost.

Not having G+ at WDW (outside of MK and maybe AK) is not really a bad choice IMO. Not having it at DL is like agreeing to have a bad trip.

I'd like to see ADRs reserved for G+, and the ability to send purchases to the onsite (GCH/PPH/DH) hotel within 4 hours. Charge me a little more and pay a courier go around to pick everything up every 2 hours.

Notify me of pin trading locations and give G+ users a free pin. I'd also like to be able to leave feedback on castmembers, rides, and alert security when there's a toontown brawl.

Yeah, but gate admission was also significantly lower when you had to buy ticket books.
I remember... my first visit was in 1975.

$6 admission (even adjusted for inflation that's only around $30-35) and about that much for the ticket book.

A few years ago, I found an old receipt at my parent's place (which is now housed safely in a scrapbook) from the Polynesian Village Resort. I think it was from around 1978-79 and the cost to stay at the Polynesian was around $20-$30/night.

Last edited:
So where are these damn changes. They ever coming?

They may not. Disney has never officially said they are coming. Only released a statement last year that they were looking into ways to be able to pre-book and that changes may come in 2024.

I’m sure Genie will continue to evolve as it has since it’s inception, but could still be a while.

I remember a few pages ago, people were discussing how Genie+ works way better in Disneyland compared to WDW. Well, Mammoth Club put out a video this morning that pretty much confirms that Disneyland lends itself to working with Genie+ way better than the world.
Going to check that out because i enjoy their videos and also just felt like everything at Disneyland was easier. With that said, the differences are pretty straight forward IMO. Disneyland has fewer guests, and more rides throughout their parks to disburse guests more evenly.

I don’t know if the data is out there anywhere, but I’d guess genie+ and ILL at world sell at higher percent than at Land. Higher concentration of Annual Passes at land, which i imagine would lead to fewer guests using that paid for service. Park hours also factor in some as well I would think with land being open until midnight on a lot of nights.

Going to check that out because i enjoy their videos and also just felt like everything at Disneyland was easier. With that said, the differences are pretty straight forward IMO. Disneyland has fewer guests, and more rides throughout their parks to disburse guests more evenly.

I don’t know if the data is out there anywhere, but I’d guess genie+ and ILL at world sell at higher percent than at Land. Higher concentration of Annual Passes at land, which i imagine would lead to fewer guests using that paid for service. Park hours also factor in some as well I would think with land being open until midnight on a lot of nights.
In terms of the guest thing, just going to point out that Disneyland actually saw higher attendance than WDW according to the last earnings report.

DLR had Q1 attendance growth vs last years Q1. Not a higher overall attendance.
Universal reported the same thing with Hollywood. Higher attendance growth there but lower attendance growth and spending at Orlando.

Disneyland itself has higher attendance than the 3 non MK parks. California Adventure is.......yeah.

Universal reported the same thing with Hollywood. Higher attendance growth there but lower attendance growth and spending at Orlando.

Disneyland itself has higher attendance than the 3 non MK parks. California Adventure is.......yeah.
Correct but with the way Disney reports attendance, WDW makes up 60-65% of the domestic attendance figures.

which is kind of my point...Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are comparable in terms of attendance last year by estimates. Disneyland actually has more rides than Magic Kingdom overall as well, add in more locals/annual pass holders who are less likely to buy genie+ and it makes for a slightly better overall experience using genie+ there. I personally think genie+ works very well at MK as well for what it's worth.

DCA was just below Epcot and HS in terms of estimated attendance last year. More rides to disburse fewer guests than any of those parks on a given day. I think both by estimates from another site I follow outpaced DCA. Combined Epcot and HS took in double the guests as DCA. However, they each are their own entity, where DCA is a combo. DCA has 17 rides, Epcot has 11 and Studios has 8 (9 when Rock N Roller Coaster isn't closed for another refurb).

I don't find the genie+ experience overall at MK and Disneyland to be that different. However, it was noticeable at DCA how much easier it is to do the big attractions and not have to stress about them selling out by 10AM.

Genie+ is priced at $35 today

Every ride at MK right now is less than an hour wait and lines app is even less. I’d never pay that today. They are milking every dollar from guests. If people don’t think Disney sometimes inflates times to scare people into buying Genie, their dreaming.

Now if times are multiple hours I get it, but less than an hour wait and paying $35 per person. Yeah right not happening

Nor could most families for these thousands of dollars trip afford the extra expense. One week ticket is almost $800.

I know they are different structures and one is superior to the other, but day of 2-park express unlimited today at universal is $285 a person.

Just something to consider for the folks that say they want to go more towards Universals model…especially since there isn’t anyway Disney would be able to accommodate giving it to every deluxe resort guest like Universal does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter