Rumored Changes to G+

And this is that 'Len's Lines App' you referenced earlier?

I can not tell any longer how Disney approximates their wait times. What I'm looking at from your snapshot of the app seems to make more sense, if people are interacting with the app feeding info while waiting.
Correct.......Touring Plans Lines app designed by Len Testa....download it, its awesome

Correct.......Touring Plans Lines app designed by Len Tetsa....download it, its awesome
I will definitely give that a try. Seems more like using Google Maps or Ways to determine road conditions and driving times - from people actually in the traffic!

And if people get the single-use EP, it means ANY TIME is not completely accurate either.
?

Yes it still does mean any time. Once through just means once through. Discussing any time means so long as the attraction is open you can enter the EP line without restriction.

I think we understand how you're looking at it due to your own preference but you're also kind moving around in topics compared to what the PP was mentioning.

It's generally a hotbed topic discussing EP vs what Disney uses and I think we all recognize there's a bit of perception involved in how we define "superior" vs "inferior" but on a very practical level (not interjecting HOW one uses the different products or HOW one feels works better for them) Universal offers a product that provides more to the guest in terms of access to attractions and often people are discussing (and have been in the last several pages) the rides they got with Disney's Genie+ system, well to that point EP is going to be superior to that.

I think we understand how you're looking at it due to your own preference but you're also kind moving around in topics compared to what the PP was mentioning.
I don't actually have a definite preference. I've used both, and like I've said, both have pros and cons. Very much looking forward to our next Universal stay when we can get EP included with the room. Very much looking forward to taking advantage of G+ on some days on our next Disney trip. But, in our opinion and experience, neither is far superior or far inferior to the other (neither of which is actually measurable!!). They're both different approaches to pay-to-skip-lines. That's all I've been saying. If others view one as far inferior - they're opinion on the topic, as well. Moving on......!

I don't actually have a definite preference. I've used both, and like I've said, both have pros and cons. Very much looking forward to our next Universal stay when we can get EP included with the room. Very much looking forward to taking advantage of G+ on some days on our next Disney trip. But, in our opinion and experience, neither is far superior or far inferior to the other (neither of which is actually measurable!!). They're both different approaches to pay-to-skip-lines. That's all I've been saying. If others view one as far inferior - they're opinion on the topic, as well. Moving on......!
I dont think its even debatable that Universals Express Pass is not only superior, but far superior.......You can ride when you want, as many times as you want and it never runs out.........

I don't think anyone has ever said "I only want to ride when told, only if it doesn't sell out and only once max

That's really not debatable...........

They only thing that's debatable is the cost/value for each.....but if they were both the same price and 100,000 people were asked to choose, it would be 100,000 to 0 in favor of EP

Last edited:
I have a question that kinda fits in this thread but I didn’t want to create a whole new thread for it:

Did Disney change the times the Virtual Queues open? We were last at WDW in June of 2023 and I swear LLs and VQs were released at different times. LLs at 7 and then VQs at a later time because I have a distinct memory of grabbing a Guardians VQ on the bus on the way to Epcot in the morning.

Now I see that both LLs and VQs are released at 7. Has it always been this way? Am I losing my mind/memory? 😃

Yes of course they are different products, that's a point I've always had as well :) They function differently from each other.

In addition the comparison with Disney isn't about a "pay to skip the lines". The differences between the parks originated when Legacy FP came around, then when FP+ came around. MP was the first paid system but also had Legacy FP with it (MP was at DLR), then you have Genie+ and ILL but all of that was always able to be compared to Universal's system because of how each system functioned. Your limitations to the number of attractions you could ride in a day by the very basis of getting a return time for the attraction did not originate with Genie+/ILL.

In the end I was speaking towards your several "yes EP is much simpler, and easier to understand" and then having a big "but" statement or "...." to follow. The central point to several poster's comments were tied to access to rides and quantifiably Universal is superior to that regardless of any pros or cons each product has which of course each park's products have those. I'm not necessarily saying you prefer Genie+/ILL over EP, more like how you were laying out your impression of them (well really EP) that made me say preference. Even when Harry Potter attractions were not included in EP it still offered a superior ride access product by the very nature of how it works. That's why you saw pushing back on superior/inferior. Certainly understand you're viewing it from your own opinion!

I have a question that kinda fits in this thread but I didn’t want to create a whole new thread for it:

Did Disney change the times the Virtual Queues open? We were last at WDW in June of 2023 and I swear LLs and VQs were released at different times. LLs at 7 and then VQs at a later time because I have a distinct memory of grabbing a Guardians VQ on the bus on the way to Epcot in the morning.

Now I see that both LLs and VQs are released at 7. Has it always been this way? Am I losing my mind/memory? 😃
Nope...both the same still

It's always been both at 7 and I hate to question your memory but according to Thrill Data the Guardians 7:00 VQ drop never lasted very long in June 2023, looks like it was gone within 5-10 min every day and often disappeared quicker than that.

The morning VQ for rides has been at 7:00 since before the lightning lane system came into effect. When Rise of the Resistance first opened, it was different but that predates lightning lanes. The Moana VQ was also different, but that isn't a ride. I believe both of those required you to have already entered the park. I don't know about the VQs for the Figment popcorn bucket and to shop on Main Street on the day of the 50th Anniversary.

Heres a great example of right now on the posted vs actual wait times (from people that are in line real time right now)

HM says 50 mins and it's only 12........Small World 45 mins and it's only 21...........Jungle Cruise posted 50 mins vs 37 actual

Posted times are wrong probably 99% of the time

View attachment 843469

I use TP and try to remember to input my wait but it is only as good as the data it's been getting. If it's been a few hours since someone submitted the posted wait and actual wait it can be off.

My 2021 trip it became easier to look at the line than the app because there weren't enough people submitting times but without fp I could tell by the length if it was worth getting in from previous rides in the week.

This is also why I find it less helpful at dlr, so many are locals there's not enough people submitting. And if you can fish for an fp it isn't needed any more.

I'll still get it for my Nov wdw trip but how it gets used changes each day.

I use TP and try to remember to input my wait but it is only as good as the data it's been getting. If it's been a few hours since someone submitted the posted wait and actual wait it can be off.

My 2021 trip it became easier to look at the line than the app because there weren't enough people submitting times but without fp I could tell by the length if it was worth getting in from previous rides in the week.

This is also why I find it less helpful at dlr, so many are locals there's not enough people submitting. And if you can fish for an fp it isn't needed any more.

I'll still get it for my Nov wdw trip but how it gets used changes each day.
you dont input your wait time..........When you help track, you start a stop clock on the app when you enter the line and when you board the ride you stop it so the app inputs your actual time.......

Sounds like you have been using it incorrectly

And it has a wide following.........and a lot of people enter the data correctly

you dont input your wait time..........When you help track, you start a stop clock on the app when you enter the line and when you board the ride you stop it so the app inputs your actual time.......

Sounds like you have been using it incorrectly

And it has a wide following.........and a lot of people enter the data correctly

You can, or at least used to, be able to do both. You also still need to stop the timer, it's not automatic so you are submitting your time.

If you select an attraction from the list you posted it'll tell you when the last time was submitted. If it was within the last hour great, but if it's been 4 hours it's not as helpful.

We all know they collect data through the app and their own people in the parks but we also know the data isn't always accurate, like with the crowd calendars. It's only as good as the data they have and for day of stuff it's only as good as how often it's reported.

I use the app and submit times, it's a good tool but can be way off.

The TP app is more a historical average of the variance from the posted wait time (based on different inputs and information) so 'should' be more accurate. TP's uses the posted wait time as its anchor. The less accurate the posted wait time from Disney the less accurate Touring Plans is. Flik cards are no longer used and post-covid posted wait times are seemingly less accurate than the lagging indicators they used to be (or at least that is what we are being told on this website).

For me, my TP subscription has evolved from an 'in park' tool to a pre-planning tool. I like to try and use the room request tool even though I have never got even close to the room I requested. Lol. I like to build plans to see what TP's think wait times will be at certain times of the day but I don't follow the plans I have made anymore.

In the end, it is an inexpensive way to get access to some different information.

PS: I have been guilty of not stopping the timer on numerous occasions in the Lines app.

Touring plans has the actual timed wait times with people in the line........Have you ever used Len's Lines App?

Every time i go i use it so i can provide real time data for Liners

It is also a stop watch
I try to remember to contribute when I’m there, but I rarely use regular lines unless they look super-short. During Covid, no LL/FP+ available times, I was pretty diligent about using the timer in the app.

Heres a great example of right now on the posted vs actual wait times (from people that are in line real time right now)

HM says 50 mins and it's only 12........Small World 45 mins and it's only 21...........Jungle Cruise posted 50 mins vs 37 actual
I think your statements are misleading. It’s not “actual” wait time, it’s “expected” wait time, based on their historical data & collected data from users timed entries. It’s a helpful tool, but it’s not fool proof. I have subscribed for as long as I can remember & use the lines app most trips. It’s nice to have their guidance, but there have been times Disney’s posted wait times is more accurate than the lines app. I tend to think the “ride now”, “wait to ride” etc recommendations are as helpful as the Expected Wait times are.

Last edited:
I think your statements are misleading. It’s not “actual” wait time, it’s “expected” wait time, based on their historical data & collected data from users timed entries. It’s a helpful tool, but it’s not fool proof. I have subscribed for as long as I can remember & use the lines app most trips. It’s nice to have their guidance, but there have been times Disney’s posted wait times is more accurate than the lines app. I tend to think the “ride now”, “wait to ride” etc recommendations are as helpful as the Expected Wait times are.
We can agree to disagree. I have never seen Disneys wait times accurate at all, never mind in comparison to TP Lines (they are 100x better). In my example above, do you think the wait was closer to 50 or closer to 12? It was 11 fyi

Posted wait times are meaningless, especially when the more technically-complex rides break down all the time. I still think the best plan is to either buy the evening holiday party tickets, stay until midnight (when possible), or jump on the rides I really want when everyone is watching the fireworks. It is amazing how much you can do at those times—almost to the point of skipping the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter