• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumored Changes to G+

It's also not what actually happened. There was no discernible increase in in-park spending when FP was initially introduced. And, that makes sense. No one is suddenly going to have a second lunch (unless you are a Hobbit), and there are only so many WDW hats one person needs.

Mostly what people did (and do) is get in some other line.
And if you try to eliminate some/all attraction lines and replace them with a virtual equivalent, what are you going to do with 30,000 people? If you think the walkways are crowded now...

It's also not what actually happened. There was no discernible increase in in-park spending when FP was initially introduced. And, that makes sense. No one is suddenly going to have a second lunch (unless you are a Hobbit), and there are only so many WDW hats one person needs.

Mostly what people did (and do) is get in some other line.
Agreed - just a theory!

True, but wouldn't Disney benefit more $$$$ with it being an ILL?
Don't know!! I remember when it first started, each park had 2 ILLs (and SDD wasn't even one initially), and people complained. So they backed it off to 1 per park (until Tron bumped it back to 2 at MK). I don't know where the money-making is better!

Many people with DAS choose to also buy G+ and use a combination of the two systems (due to the clunky nature of the process described above). I'll repeat it again - Many people with DAS also pay for G+
I have a young relative on the Spectrum. He's likely qualified for the Disability Pass but we've never used it. When he's with us, I always buy G+ and iLL for him. I don't want people to think that everyone who looks like they're qualified are automatically using the DAS system.

It's interesting how you keep referring to people who purchase Genie+ and LL and even ILLs at Disney - a product they offer to all guests with tickets - as "line cutters". I understand you don't like it, and that's fine. But no one is cutting any lines by using Genie+/LL and ILL. You can keep referring to it as such since you are dead set against it, but no one in those lines are doing anything wrong. Line cutting has an intentional negative tone to it, and it's completely inaccurate.

That SB line at Frozen of over an hour, moving slowly?? Understood - but you're already aware that's going to be the case when you choose to get in the line. And I'm sure the ILL folks slow down the VQ lines at Tron and GOTG at times, too......
Slow it down, sure, bring it to a dead halt, no.

You got on the ride without standing in line. How is calling that line cutting "completely inaccurate"? Technically it's allowed, but that still feels wrong to me. Like I said, we are made of different stuff. You do you.

3 herniated discs. Arthroscopic surgery on both knees and shoulders. PTSD with panic attacks. Every toe and finger had been broken at least once. Left wrist 3 times. Several ribs and a collarbone. Been shot and stabbed. Hospitalized with 'rona and was on supplemental oxygen. Cancer survivor.
I and many of my fellow vets I've talked to don't consider those disabling enough to game the system when people with real disabilities can't get parking or other accommodations.
Watch a guy with a missing limb walk from the outskirts of a lot on crutches or a prosthetic because the handicapped spots were all taken by people fit enough to exercise and play sports and walk around theme parks for hours is definitely a sign of entitlement.
Or worse yet, family of the handicapped people without the handicapped person or leaving them in the car.

I don't think it's so much people are abusing DAS more than they used to. IMO with Genie+ adding another cost and it not being as easy to schedule your day as FP+ was, people who didn't use DAS before are using it now.

This. This is a definite segment of newer DAS users for whom this is true.

My son has always qualified for DAS due to his multiple disabilities, epilepsy and autism. However, in the past we never bothered getting it because FP+ met his needs just fine (better, actually, since we could plan our days in advance). Now, since FP+ is gone, he will use DAS and we will make the best of it.

3 herniated discs. Arthroscopic surgery on both knees and shoulders. PTSD with panic attacks. Every toe and finger had been broken at least once. Left wrist 3 times. Several ribs and a collarbone. Been shot and stabbed. Hospitalized with 'rona and was on supplemental oxygen. Cancer survivor.
I and many of my fellow vets I've talked to don't consider those disabling enough to game the system when people with real disabilities can't get parking or other accommodations.
Watch a guy with a missing limb walk from the outskirts of a lot on crutches or a prosthetic because the handicapped spots were all taken by people fit enough to exercise and play sports and walk around theme parks for hours is definitely a sign of entitlement.
Or worse yet, family of the handicapped people without the handicapped person or leaving them in the car.
One thing I like that SC does is put a picture of the disabled person on the placard - keeps others from using it…

My husband and I found the current G+ worked great for us on our trip last year. Wish they would keep it the same.

My husband and I found the current G+ worked great for us on our trip last year. Wish they would keep it the same.
I don't doubt it works great. I am just the type of person that learns best with practice. I won't have any of that under my belt in January, but I'll give it my best effort.

I don't doubt it works great. I am just the type of person that learns best with practice. I won't have any of that under my belt in January, but I'll give it my best effort.
I would say that the fact that you're doing research on it now already gives you a big advantage over a lot of people - you're going to go in knowing the basics of how it works, some strategies for getting the most out of it, etc. A lot of people who end up dissatisfied with it went in just expecting it to work and be self-explanatory (not making an argument that it SHOULDN'T be easier to use - just the facts of the situation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter