Rumored Changes to G+

Well, they're not likely to do away with the fees - that we can absolutely agree on. And they're not going to go back to the old FP+ or original FP systems. So perhaps somewhere in between......

Maybe a chance to book one a few days in advance for onsite guests? Maybe a chance to select an actual time when booking G+? Guess we'll see soon what changes they're going to roll out at some point.

I hope so. They have only been working on these changes for like 9 months? lol

Not even excited about any changes.

The nicest change would be " hey its all free now, like it use to be! " but don't make me laugh

Including for deluxe resort guests would be nice, or allowing people to choose 2 or 3 for free then pay for extra but who are we kidding?

They are not making any changes cause they are milking whatever dollar they can get. None of the changes will save us money, nor do I think they will make life easier.

We will still need to wake up at 7:00am to make reservations which is the most annoying part, along with VQ

I miss the old lemme just do it 2 months before my trip and be done with it. Not trying to wake up early when I don't need to during a vacation.

It seems like the rumors are saying that the changes will involve the ability to pre-book LLs. So I'm curious why you expect to still need to wake up at 7:00 on vacation to make the reservations? I agree, that is the most annoying part and I was hoping that the changes would at least solve that issue.

It seems like the rumors are saying that the changes will involve the ability to pre-book LLs. So I'm curious why you expect to still need to wake up at 7:00 on vacation to make the reservations? I agree, that is the most annoying part and I was hoping that the changes would at least solve that issue.

For VQ and maybe ILL. Something tells me they won’t allow that to be bought early. ( granted you don’t HAVE to up early for ILL, but you never know )

For VQ and maybe ILL. Something tells me they won’t allow that to be bought early. ( granted you don’t HAVE to up early for ILL, but you never know )
They have to make a time and no matter what time they allow it... folks will be waiting for the drop. And I wager... no matter what time is chosen.... people will be annoyed: midnight = its too late, 7am = its too early.

ILL makes the most sense to purchase early.......

Currently resort guests are allowed to book ILL's at 7am and all others not until park opening.......

There is zero change in function if they allow resort guests to book a week in advance....the only change i they wont have to get up early every day of their vacation.......

VQ it makes sense to keep day of though.......But VQ are likely going to end soon

They have to make a time and no matter what time they allow it... folks will be waiting for the drop. And I wager... no matter what time is chosen.... people will be annoyed: midnight = its too late, 7am = its too early.
Its not the time that matters......It how MANY times that matters.........

If i only have to get up once at 7am a week before my vacation to book my ILL's and my first ride instead of getting up EVERY day on my vacation at 7am then thats a HUGE win

ILL makes the most sense to purchase early.......

Currently resort guests are allowed to book ILL's at 7am and all others not until park opening.......

There is zero change in function if they allow resort guests to book a week in advance....the only change i they wont have to get up early every day of their vacation.......

VQ it makes sense to keep day of though.......But VQ are likely going to end soon
I wish VQ's were going to end soon, but not so sure about that. Feels like no end in sight for VQs on new rides.

I wish VQ's were going to end soon, but not so sure about that. Feels like no end in sight for VQs on new rides.
Agreed. Haven't really seen anything indicating that might happen. It probably won't change until the 'new' attractions get to the point where the VQs aren't filling up quickly everyday. Else, all you have is a winding, 5-hr standby line to get in.

Agreed. Haven't really seen anything indicating that might happen. It probably won't change until the 'new' attractions get to the point where the VQs aren't filling up quickly everyday. Else, all you have is a winding, 5-hr standby line to get in.
Rise only had VQ for 20 months........GOTG will be 20 months in February........They dont keep them forever

Agree - not forever. But likely to stay as long as the VQs are filling up on a regular basis, to control standby. Could be tomorrow, could be a year from now - just not sure if GOTG VQ timeframe will correspond to what Rise was. Then again, maybe they'd like to get back to having only one VQ at a time, which was the case prior to Tron. It will certainly be a big deal and cause a stir when they finally do change it for GOTG... and Tron eventually. Or, perhaps when Tiana opens later this year, MK will have 2 VQs.....

Rise only had VQ for 20 months........GOTG will be 20 months in February........They dont keep them forever
They don't keep them forever for each ride. But I don't see the concept of the VQ disappearing. Seems like every single new ride we get in the future will likely start with 1-2 years of a VQ before standby lines are offered.

It sucks and I don't like it. But Disney doesn't seem that interested in changing it.

They don't keep them forever for each ride. But I don't see the concept of the VQ disappearing. Seems like every single new ride we get in the future will likely start with 1-2 years of a VQ before standby lines are offered.

It sucks and I don't like it. But Disney doesn't seem that interested in changing it.

People kind of force them to though. There was a time when a line would naturally cap out at a certian wait time, like if it was over 90 minutes or so, people would just keep walking and pick it up later. These new rides are so popular and desired, that people will in fact wait and wait for them, stretching the line to 5 or 6 hours. Where do you even keep that many people?

What they actually need is more ride bandwidth to spread people out. More E-Tickets that people will choose to hit first thing, and more people-eaters to keep them busy when they aren't doing that.

Last edited:
People kind of force them to though. There was a time when a line would naturally cap out at a certian wait time, like if it was over 90 minutes or so, people would just keep walking and pick it up later. These new rides are so popular and desired, that people will in fact wait and wait for them, stretching the line to 5 or 6 hours. Where do you even keep that many people?

What they actually need is more ride bandwidth to spread people out. More E-Tickets that people will choose to hit first thing, and more people-eaters to keep them busy when they aren't doing that.

With the sky high price of the vacation, people are also more inclined to say they will wait where in the last they'd hit it up next time.

With the sky high price of the vacation, people are also more inclined to say they will wait where in the last they'd hit it up next time.
guilty of this. we used to go way more often than we do now, and that was our theory. now that we dont go as often, we find ourselves saying "we'll wait until next time" less often.

I don't think they'll go to 3 ILLs in a park. We had this discussion when they had two ILLs for each park and Tron/Guardians were coming up and the opposite ended up happening, they've since *reduced* the number of ILLs to five total.

Obviously I could be wrong but they've set a precedent for how they balance ILL with G+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter