• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumored Changes to G+

It does sound like just a rumor
If you check post #1 of this thread, Disney itself has confirmed they are making a change to advanced selection G+:

1706789267560.png

The 'rumor' piece is how it's going to change. Reputable sources are saying it will be 7 days in advance of trip for onsite guests, and 3 days in advance for offsite guests.

If you check post #1 of this thread, Disney itself has confirmed they are making a change to advanced selection G+:

View attachment 830526

The 'rumor' piece is how it's going to change. Reputable sources are saying it will be 7 days in advance of trip for onsite guests, and 3 days in advance for offsite guests.
That statement is just referencing an official blurb put out by Disney in May 2023. Almost a year ago now Disney said that it’s working on the ability to allow guests to pre-book. They then went on to say that it “may” be available in 2024. Since then there has been nothing else officially released by Disney with an update. Like a lot of other news releases, this may be delayed or completely dead in the water for all we know. As of now, nothing has been confirmed by Disney, it’s only been spoke of that they are working on it and that it may come into fruition.

View attachment 830526

Disney has also said things like they’re going to build a new theater on Main Street, a Mary Poppins attraction, renovating the Wonders of Life Pavilion, etc.

That note says efforts to grant that wish are underway, doesn’t mean it’s officially coming, just that they have been looking into it.

Until Disney officially announces changes to the system and a date in which they are implemented it’s all a rumor.

Disney has also said things like they’re going to build a new theater on Main Street, a Mary Poppins attraction, renovating the Wonders of Life Pavilion, etc.

That note says efforts to grant that wish are underway, doesn’t mean it’s officially coming, just that they have been looking into it.

Until Disney officially announces changes to the system and a date in which they are implemented it’s all a rumor.

Yeah those plans have been underway for a year. They don't even know what they want to do

That statement is just referencing an official blurb put out by Disney in May 2023. Almost a year ago now Disney said that it’s working on the ability to allow guests to pre-book. They then went on to say that it “may” be available in 2024. Since then there has been nothing else officially released by Disney with an update. Like a lot of other news releases, this may be delayed or completely dead in the water for all we know. As of now, nothing has been confirmed by Disney, it’s only been spoke of that they are working on it and that it may come into fruition.
I don't think it's dead in the water.

Time will tell...

I just dont understand what changes they could make to justify charging that much. But there are a lot of things about how Disney does things that I dont get.

I definitely agree with you that the frequency of trips has really changed my trips from "gotta get it all done" to a far more relaxing, dare I say vacation-like, experience. Moreover, even just having an AP over daily tickets changes the calculus for where the "worth it" line is and how sad I am if I don't get something done during a trip.

That being said, I think you touched on the crux of one of the arguments that is had over the G+ system with how you described how you are preparing for your once in a lifetime trip. One of the things that has been brought up throughout this thread is the ability of new users to understand and take advantage of the system. Furthermore, an argument that is often brought up is that a Disney vacation requires too much planning or research before you go.

And to that I would ask, why would someone drop thousands of dollars on a once in a lifetime trip and also not do research before they go? To me, that would be like paying thousands of dollars to travel to Europe but then not taking the time to learn how public transit works, how far my hotel is from the attractions I want to go to, or even looking up reviews on restaurants I might want to go to and waiting until I am already there and trying to learn on the fly. Not only does that sound stressful, but also would take away from my enjoyment while I am there because I am on my phone reading yelp reviews and struggling to understand things in a different language.

Yes, I know that Disney is a theme park and not traveling to a different country. But Disney isn't Six Flags either.
It's not Six Flags but a good comparison is Universal. The amount of research for a Disney vacation is not the norm. Universal is how it should be.

Agreed the express pass system would be great at Disney. But judging from the outrage caused by the low-cost Genie+, do they dare to bring forth something that would cost 10X more?
I don't think they will. The amount of complains about how Disney is pricing out families are a lot to begin with, imagine if they charged double for Genie+? Riots.

Any guesses what the G+ Tiers will be at each Park???

Epcot (Tier 1)

• Frozen Ever After
  • Soarin’
  • Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
  • Ratatouille
Hollywood Studios (Tier 1)

• Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run
Magic Kingdom (Tier 1)

• Peter Pan
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Space Mountain

Epcot (Tier 1)

• Frozen Ever After
  • Soarin’
  • Ratatouille

• Slinky Dog Dash
Magic Kingdom (Tier 1)

• Peter Pan
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Space Mountain
If they do tiers, I feel like they'd only put 3 in the top tier. So Epcot would more likely be
Ratatouille
Frozen
Test Track?

For Magic Kingdom, I think they'd put Big Thunder in the top tier
Big Thunder
Space
Jungle Cruise

For Hollywood, I want to say that Tower of Terror would be in the top tier, especially with the wait times it gets.

Epcot (Tier 1)

• Frozen Ever After
  • Soarin’
  • Ratatouille

• Slinky Dog Dash
Magic Kingdom (Tier 1)

• Peter Pan
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Space Mountain
These tiers would make Genie+ for Epcot worthless, which just circles back to the ride capacity issues many of the non MK parks have.

Yea, the 'tiering' conversation seems to come from folks that want Genie+ to be the same as FP+ was - and I just don't see that happening. But I don't know anymore than anyone else, so my guess is as good as yours! But I think ILL took care of the tiering aspect. I also don't want to eliminate a big advantage G+ has over FP+, and that's the ability to overlap return time windows. It was so annoying with FP+ that you couldn't do that, but we do it all the time with G+ when stacking later in the day. But how might a pre-book G+ look? Maybe we'll find out in the next 2-72 months!

Just got back from Disney. I started researching Disney in 2004 for our very first trip in 2005. I have never stopped. 20 years of planning, researching, and such. If I hadn't had a degree in Disney, we wouldn't have rode much at all last week with the crowds. We got onto almost everything we wanted and had a great time. Paying for the system sucked, but it was what it was.

View attachment 830526

So for us brits that have a two week trip, we still need to mess about dealing with this on holiday for some of our park days still

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter