Rumored Changes to G+

I'm curious how pricing will be. Would they set the Genie+ at a set amount since you would now purchase this before your trip? We got Genie+ on our last trip. but that was with the fixed 15 dollar a day price. I haven't been since they have fluctuated the prices depending on how busy the day is. I would be bummed to pay an inflated price for Genie +, only to find out the wait times weren't all that bad and i could have gone with out it. I would think now, you would kind of know how your day will be based off the price Genie+ is when you go to purchase it. If its a high price, i would think that would mean genie+ is in demand and crowds are expected to be higher.
Everyone(even Disney) was expecting 4th of July to be terrible back in 22, but the park ended up being slow.
I'm sure Disney has ways to see what a forecasted attendance will be like, but i figured it would be hard without Park reservations not being needed now.
Needless to say, we don't go extremely often... so we will buy to ensure a good time regardless, but i guess that's what they are catering too. People like me who will pay to ensure a good time.

I'm curious how pricing will be. Would they set the Genie+ at a set amount since you would now purchase this before your trip? We got Genie+ on our last trip. but that was with the fixed 15 dollar a day price. I haven't been since they have fluctuated the prices depending on how busy the day is. I would be bummed to pay an inflated price for Genie +, only to find out the wait times weren't all that bad and i could have gone with out it. I would think now, you would kind of know how your day will be based off the price Genie+ is when you go to purchase it. If its a high price, i would think that would mean genie+ is in demand and crowds are expected to be higher.
Everyone(even Disney) was expecting 4th of July to be terrible back in 22, but the park ended up being slow.
I'm sure Disney has ways to see what a forecasted attendance will be like, but i figured it would be hard without Park reservations not being needed now.
Needless to say, we don't go extremely often... so we will buy to ensure a good time regardless, but i guess that's what they are catering too. People like me who will pay to ensure a good time.
There is technically reservations still as tickets are date based. When you buy tickets now you have to select the days you are visiting.

There is technically reservations still as tickets are date based. When you buy tickets now you have to select the days you are visiting.
This is true but nowhere as detailed as before. You pick the starting date and then depending on length of ticket you have x amount of days to use them. I think it is 10 days on a 7 day ticket. Also you purchase the ticket but no longer tell them what park you are visiting. If you bought genie + in advance at least they would know what park you’re planning on going to on a certain day.

At this point do we really think anything is going to change?

We’re going mid-May and while we’ve been several times in recent years we’ve only used genie one day on one visit so far. So do I try to learn all the things in the next 90 days (no issues I’m a planner at heart) or just wait for new news. Ahhhh, just make a decision, Disney!

We’re going mid-May and while we’ve been several times in recent years we’ve only used genie one day on one visit so far. So do I try to learn all the things in the next 90 days (no issues I’m a planner at heart) or just wait for new news. Ahhhh, just make a decision, Disney!
I do. Unfortunately pricing will probably be one of the changes that will occur with a possible added convenience. But I tell you, that stress I felt to get everything right with the LLs and ILLs at 7 am was just awful.

I honestly don’t think there are any major changes coming. I could be wrong, but everything here is pure speculation and wishful thinking.

As far as answering if anything is going to change (and how similar it will be to Fast Pass, and when changes might come)... I refer you to this article that was posted a few pages back on this thread (believe it is written by someone more "in the know" that us)... Click on the link quoted below....

I honestly don’t think there are any major changes coming. I could be wrong, but everything here is pure speculation and wishful thinking.
I wouldn't say it's pure speculation and wishful thinking when Disney itself announced they are changing it. As well as insiders like Len Testa leaking info on what those changes are going to look like.

I wouldn't say it's pure speculation and wishful thinking when Disney itself announced they are changing it. As well as insiders like Len Testa leaking info on what those changes are going to look like.
Ok, so maybe MOST things here are speculation and wishful thinking 😂 I don’t think there won’t be any changes, I just don’t think we’re going to see anything as major as a lot of people seem to think.

What this feels like to me, based on everything I've read:

A team was put together to address (some) complaints about G+ and developed a scheme that allowed for some advance selection--probably even with a working prototype of the system. That team got far enough along that they were willing to both blurb it on the Parks Blog and talk to well-placed insiders such as the Len Testas of the world.

However, senior leadership in Park Operations got cold feet about changing it at the 11th hour. That's not hard to believe given the rumored scheme was starting to look a little FP+ish, which had its own problems, and G+ was supposed to address some of those problems. Plus, while G+ isn't perfect, plenty of people are buying it at a 10-20% increase in their per-capita admission (at least; a higher %age for APs), and presumably the overall satisfaction rate of park visitors is "good enough."

So, the project is, for the moment, shelved.

Can someone explain to me how being able to book lightning lanes in advance rather than the same day is an advantage? I would think things would sell out faster? What am I missing?
The advantages and disadvantages of Genie+/ILL are in the eyes of the guests and how they use it (imo), with the extra cost being an obvious disadvantage for all.... For the folks who got used to FP+ and early booking, they don't care for day-of planning and want to book ahead. For the folks who didn't want to plan out their attractions 2 months in advance, G+ has advantages and some additional flexibility. I think what some might like is the ability to book that first LL a few days in advance so they don't have to do it right at 7AM - so the advantage might be a little extra sleep! But again, different guests have different ways of doing Disney - and different views on the Lightning Lane approach.

The advantages and disadvantages of Genie+/ILL are in the eyes of the guests and how they use it (imo), with the extra cost being an obvious disadvantage for all.... For the folks who got used to FP+ and early booking, they don't care for day-of planning and want to book ahead. For the folks who didn't want to plan out their attractions 2 months in advance, G+ has advantages and some additional flexibility. I think what some might like is the ability to book that first LL a few days in advance so they don't have to do it right at 7AM - so the advantage might be a little extra sleep! But again, different guests have different ways of doing Disney - and different views on the Lightning Lane approach.
Do you think letting people book 30 days out would make it more difficult for others to get any bookings?

Do you think letting people book 30 days out would make it more difficult for others to get any bookings?
It's not likely to be 30 days in advance. More likely 7 in the new iteration.

It might make it harder to get bookings on the same day if you're not willing to book them in advance. Otherwise, I'd say it will be a wash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter