Rumored Changes to G+

I think rides like Peter Pan's Flight (hot take, I know) and Winnie the Pooh shouldn't have LL. Their standby lines are atrocious now. Pooh surprised me in that aspect but I've done that ride in standby and it moves so painfully slow due to the Lightning Lane. PPF straight up isn't ride able unless you have a LL reservation or are attending an after hours event/holiday party.
honestly, why havent they done something to expand capacity on these 2 rides? they almost always have long lines.

Why not a "second track", like TSMM, or Soarin, or when they doubled the capacity of dumbo?

Last edited:
honestly, why havent they done something to expand capacity on these 2 rides? they almost always have long lines?

Why not a "second track", like TSMM, or Soarin, or when they doubled the capacity of dumbo?
I don't think there's any room to do that at all for Peter Pan's Flight. I know they did something like that for Shanghai's Peter Pan but that was built from the ground up and isn't 50+ years old.

I don't remember standby for Pooh being awful in the Fastpass+ days. It was one of the reliable filler rides. Now it gets 45+ minute waits and sometimes you wait longer than standby. Unsure if Pooh has room to expand. Probably not but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
the optimal answer wouldn't be any fix to any skip-the-line service but to decrease the total number of people in the parks.... which, I know, I know, will never really happen.
I mean, it could. For example, you could double admission prices and see what happens.

I don't think there's any room to do that at all for Peter Pan's Flight. I know they did something like that for Shanghai's Pirates but that was built from the ground up and isn't 50+ years old.

I don't remember standby for Pooh being awful in the Fastpass+ days. It was one of the reliable filler rides. Now it gets 45+ minute waits and sometimes you wait longer than standby. Unsure if Pooh has room to expand. Probably not but don't quote me on that.
yeah, i mean you're right, they're kind of on the "interior" side of FL.....if that makes sense. Just seems with all of their logistical creativity sometimes, that they could solve this somehow.

Raise ticket prices to offset G+ money. Limit park capacity and have stand by only. I am in. Like an all day after hours event.
How long would that be profitable? The parks are aimed at the upper middle class. The 1% who could afford those tickets aren't interested in theme parks.

How long would that be profitable? The parks are aimed at the upper middle class. The 1% who could afford those tickets aren't interested in theme parks.
$20-$30/day extra to have an equal playing field with no phones and no 7am wake ups and no FOMO. Terrible.

In addition to the after hour parties, why not also have All Day parties. No Genie+, no iLL, just charge each guest $1000 for all 4 parks. Try for one weekend and see how it goes.

The only blurb we got from Disney about being able to pre-book came in May of last year. This is what they said then, "We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024". I think the key words here are "working on" and "may". That is very non committal verbiage, and sounds like a line thrown out by the PR team. Since then it has been radio silence. Not even an official release saying this is still in the works or coming. Much like all the posts in the thread, everything else has been all rumor and speculation. Solid chance we see no changes in 2024.
Frankly, I hope it is because IT and/or operations looked into what they could do and realized that reintroducing the ability to prebook LLs would devolve G+ back towards FP+ and cause more problems than it solves.

Maybe (hopefully) the right people within the company have seen Defunctland's History of FastPass documentary and realize that FP+ was a train wreck and that the clamoring for prebooking is coming from a vocal minority of people who benefited from FP+ and want to make the G+ system worse because they expect it to benefit them at the expense of other guests. They can't satisfy the FP+ reactionaries without degrading the experiences of a lot of other guests, and they shouldn't try.

honestly our trip in 2021 was nice without fast passes. the lines moved pretty darn quick.
100%. Get in the FoP or RoTR line right at close. You wait about 20mins for the LL queue to clear and then you just start walking and don't stop till you are on the ride. If it was like that all day long you would have the majority of rides be walk on most all the day.

or you could sit back and watch as Universal opens a third gate....
I heard that with Potterverse 1.0. And then Potterverse 2.0. Disney is not going to suddenly shrivel up and die when faced with Potterverse 3.0, Mario, plus a handful of IPs that don't generate much love.

Plus, it is not a zero-sum game. Epic will attract three sets of guests
  1. Guests who would have gone to WDW for N days, and spend some of those (maybe all of them) at UOR instead.
  2. Guests who would never have gone to WDW, but are attracted to UOR by the new park, and only visit UOR.
  3. Guests who would not have gone for just WDW, are attracted to UOR by the new park, and figure "while we're here lets go to Disney."
Category 1 is a loss for WDW. But Category 3 is a win. Category 2 is not a loss--those people were never coming in the first place. Rising tides, boats, etc. etc.

What's more, Epic is great for theme park fans. It looks lovely. And Disney has been upping its game with development starting from New Fantasyland forward. Really the only dud from an immersion perspective in Florida is Toy Story Land, and as far as duds go, that's been very successful. Competition is good for everyone.

What's more, Epic is great for theme park fans. It looks lovely. And Disney has been upping its game with development starting from New Fantasyland forward. Really the only dud from an immersion perspective in Florida is Toy Story Land, and as far as duds go, that's been very successful. Competition is good for everyone.
Toy Story Land has mediocre theming and little to no shade...........in a park in central Florida. I would also consider Smuggler's Run to be somewhat of a dud. The promised multiple scenarios never happened and it's kind of a lame attraction.

I think rides like Peter Pan's Flight (hot take, I know) and Winnie the Pooh shouldn't have LL. Their standby lines are atrocious now. Pooh surprised me in that aspect but I've done that ride in standby and it moves so painfully slow due to the Lightning Lane. PPF straight up isn't ride able unless you have a LL reservation or are attending an after hours event/holiday party.
In general, I think G+ makes the parks feel more crowded than they really are. It is an awful system, but as long as WDTC is banking on it, that is their priority.

Hopefully whatever changes are coming are an improvement. I am hopeful and remaining positive until I am proven otherwise. :D

In general, I think G+ makes the parks feel more crowded than they really are. It is an awful system, but as long as WDTC is banking on it, that is their priority.

Hopefully whatever changes are coming are an improvement. I am hopeful and remaining positive until I am proven otherwise. :D
I do agree with the first sentence but with Peter Pan (ride I mentioned shouldn't have LL), its hourly capacity is 800 guests so that line is awful regardless :L

I know in DL it doesn't have Genie+ but it still rakes in a 40 minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter